Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

I'm going now, so that by the time I get this set it isn't completely ruined by this insufferable whinging. Far out! There's lots more I want to say, but I don't want to regret it later. I will be back, but right now I need a break from this board.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No packet for me today :)

Thank you USPS! Guess I should never have cancelled my order from Amazon. Another day of waiting...

It looks like this has been delayed -- again -- in Canada, until Nov. 25th. I think I'll be heading across the border

this weekend. Has anyone seen this available at any "real" stores?

Wait, the film edit is a mess, or the CD version?

The film version of course.

Oh good. You had me worried. I hadn't seen any discussion about the track that might alude to it bein gbad, but still, I've not heard it yet, so it could be good or horrible.

It looks like this has been delayed -- again -- in Canada, until Nov. 25th. I think I'll be heading across the border

I think somebody said they saw it in a Best Buy, but for 60 dollars.

Going to another country just to get some CD's. That has to be a first.

I don't think MikeyKW is coming to the USA just to get the set.

Pretty much ... I'll also pick up a few cases of Cherry Coke and a few dozen Krispy Kreme

to make it a little less pathetic. I did it a few years ago as well when the Bond scoundtracks

were reissued. And that was in February, during a snowstorm.

Wow, leave for a few days and the thread skyrockets!

Has anyone else noticed that the opening of the "unreleased" part of "Indy's Very First Adventure" is still different from the film?

yes

I knew it .Same deal than the KotCS OST.

Going to another country just to get some CD's. That has to be a first.

Canada is not far from US. I used to do that too .And get me some Taco Bell.

I did a straight through listen of ToD .2 tracks are mixed at too low volume:

Slalom on Mt humol

Short Round Helps (as mentionned before)

The volume needs to be adjusted in itunes or an editor

Ahahah...I just started listening to the interviews and it sounded sooo familiar...guess what, it's the same interview of the 2003 Bonus DVD!!!

Well at least there's something new towards the end...

The rest of the set is just awesome, I'm still not completely realizing that this is all true...I dreamed this for so many years that it's so weird that it's finaly happened...listening expecially to Last Crusade...finally high quality music after many many years of listening the same music in low quality!!

Yeah, it depends. If you have absolute pitch, it would be an assault on the ears. Most people (myself included) don't.

Not really, not to me, anyways. Though I can certainly detect the pitch issues ( I think it is needless to say that I found a certain package waiting for me at home), it really is not that bad. The actual sound quality of the Box Set is simply superb, as you have stated, and I am completely happy with my purchase. I would like to give my sympathies to those who must wait. And, Fraulein Lohner: the scores are not "unlistenable". Quite the contrary. Of course, my opinion may be influenced by the fact that I have never listened to these scores outside of their respected films.

So...apparently the inventor of Audacity is giving a lecture at my college tonight at 7pm, an hour too late for me now!

He's also going to be a guest soloist with our jazz band on Saturday - perhaps I should give him the Indy set.. :o

Well,it seems people who ordered the set in China get it faster than Canada . 2 weeks delay is totally unacceptable..but I'm putting my money on December 2

I am inches away from canceling Amazon,ca and paying 10$ more to get it from SAE

My set shipped!

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped this portion of

your order separately to give you quicker service. You won't be charged

any extra shipping fees, and the remainder of your order will follow as

soon as those items become available.

Item Subtotal: $41.99

Shipping and handling: $6.49

EB Pre-order Guarantee: $0.00

Total: $48.48

Well,it seems people who ordered the set in China get it faster than Canada .

If you are talking about me, than I have to say, I order the set from Amazon US, but not from China (in fact, Amazon China is not selling the set). Also, Hong Kong is an international city with really fast international shipping. My order from intrada, Varese, SAE, Amazon, England (My EL CID copy), or Japan usually takes only one week. However, if order ship to the China mainland, it would takes longer I suppose.

I arrived home today and there was a package waiting for me! I tore it open and.... "The Complete Piano Music of Percy Grainger!!!!" Forgot I ordered that in all the excitement about the Indy CD set. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

Well at least there's something new towards the end...

Which is ?

The part referred to Crystal Skull...

I didn't know that even a couple of tracks on Crystal Skull were expanded...or it's just on the boot (since it exceed the 80 minutes limit)? :o

The sound quality is great, though.

Even if I waited years for all of this, I'm too much curious and could resist and got the mp3s...it will help me untill I buy the actual box-set.

KotCS is not expanded .It's only expanded if you put the extra tracks from the DVD previz

Ok ,anyone knows if SAE has the box IN STOCK ?..it would say on the website if they ran out, right?

Got this in the mail yesterday, and the first thing I listened to was "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." Sounds pretty good. More Indiana-Jonesy than I remembered (except for the Latin source music, which really breaks up the album IMO).

I knew it was gonna get released with the set, but I bought it anyway. Only $10 on Amazon. I love this set. I just love nice fancy boxes. Of course the price isn't very nice, but once you receive it you tend to forget all that and just drink it all in.

What a time this is. I'm listening to cues that I have been waiting for what seems like forever to have properly on CD, no bootleg or DVD rip, and I've only been a serious Williams fan since 2000. This is one of the good days people, maybe we can avoid nitpicking this thing to death for a bit to remember that.

I knew it was gonna get released with the set, but I bought it anyway. Only $10 on Amazon. I love this set. I just love nice fancy boxes. Of course the price isn't very nice, but once you receive it you tend to forget all that and just drink it all in.

42 dollars...that sounds good to me! 42 divided by 5 is $8.40 per CD...that's a fantastic price! Not to mention the special packaging.

This is one of the good days people, maybe we can avoid nitpicking this thing to death for a bit to remember that.

:o Cheers to that!

I thought you were one of the older people who have been waiting for this for 20 years laugh.gif We've been JW fans for the same amount of time.

he said serious Williams fan

So,after waiting 25 years to hear ToD expanded ,you listen to Crystal Skull first?

Probably he's just a last-minute fan...

Yeah Mark I guessed that it was only on the mp3s these few extra tracks, since it exceeded the 80 minutes limit...