Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,after waiting 25 years to hear ToD expanded ,you listen to Crystal Skull first?

I'm only 24 years old! I'd only listened to KOTCS once, and it was the first to pop up on my iPod, so there we go. The rest sounds pretty great too. Of course, I'm not the type to notice sound issues (even in something like ROTJ:SE which everyone tells me is horrible), so maybe my ears are screwy.

KotCS is not expanded .It's only expanded if you put the extra tracks from the DVD previz

Ok ,anyone knows if SAE has the box IN STOCK ?..it would say on the website if they ran out, right?

Nope. SAE is notorious for not having product in stock and not telling you until you email them 3 weeks later and ask where your order is.

I knew it was gonna get released with the set, but I bought it anyway. Only $10 on Amazon. I love this set. I just love nice fancy boxes. Of course the price isn't very nice, but once you receive it you tend to forget all that and just drink it all in.

Its far cheaper than the Superman box!

Because of the damn holiday yesterday my box set has been delayed. I probably would have gotten it today but nooooo there had to be a holiday yesterday. :ph34r:

Oh well, I should have it tomorrow.

Because of the damn holiday yesterday my box set has been delayed. I probably would have gotten it today but nooooo there had to be a holiday yesterday. :ph34r:

The holiday didn't stop UPS from getting to my house. You should have gotten it as well.

I got free shipping. :ph34r:

Yeah, me too, and I still got it today! Didn't you? Do I need to make a call on the red phone? ;)

That won't be necessary. I will be receiving it soon enough.

Yes SAE has them in stock.

If you go to FSM and check out this thread you will see how many they did get in and probably have a ton of orders to fill.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cf...1&archive=0

Mine's already shipped from SAE on Monday and I pre-ordered mine 6 weeks ago.

The holiday didn't stop UPS from getting to my house. You should have gotten it as well.

I ordered mine through MovieMusic since it saved me about $10. All priority orders from Peter shipped out Monday and that's through USPS and so with the post office closed yesterday there was no mail, so no mail no box set.

Yes SAE has them in stock.

If you go to FSM and check out this thread you will see how many they did get in and probably have a ton of orders to fill.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cf...1&archive=0

Mine's already shipped from SAE on Monday and I pre-ordered mine 6 weeks ago.

They probably got a crapload of orders, too. I wouldn't be surprised if al of SAE's stock is spoken for.

Well,I'm about to pay 10$ more to get it before Nov 25 or whatever it is now

I would happily pay double $70 (Canadian) the price to have it in my hands right now.

I ordered mine through MovieMusic since it saved me about $10. All priority orders from Peter shipped out Monday and that's through USPS and so with the post office closed yesterday there was no mail, so no mail no box set.

Looks as if we have the exact same problem. If it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, I am going to get crazy ;)

Looks as if we have the exact same problem. If it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, I am going to get crazy :ph34r:

Ahh, I had wondered about that when you posted about the tracking not updating. As I said USPS is SLOW as hell updating their tracking and sometimes won't update it until AFTER the package has been delivered.

Ya I'm gonna go insane too if I don't get mine tomorrow...but it's taken no more than 4 days max to get a package from Peter.

Looks as if we have the exact same problem. If it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, I am going to get crazy :ph34r:

Ahh, I had wondered about that when you posted about the tracking not updating. As I said USPS is SLOW as hell updating their tracking and sometimes won't update it until AFTER the package has been delivered.

Ya I'm gonna go insane too if I don't get mine tomorrow...but it's taken no more than 4 days max to get a package from Peter.

4 days? That would be Friday! And you seem to live much closer to New Mexico than I do. Ahhh

I'm extremely happy with this set - it's easy for people to pick out the flaws in anything, so those will always be more prevalent than the good things about it. But really I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that this set was an absolute disaster.

I got free shipping. :ph34r:

Yeah, me too, and I still got it today! Didn't you? Do I need to make a call on the red phone? ;)

Dammit, Mr. President. I have yet to receive mine! The last update from Amazon/USPS tracking is that it was scanned in Allen Park, MI on Tuesday morning...evidently it takes several days to travel an hour and a half. ;) I did get a refund notification for $3 because of the lowest price guarantee, though.

Ray Barnsbury - living vicariously through everyone who's gotten it

Dammit, Mr. President. I have yet to receive mine! The last update from Amazon/USPS tracking is that it was scanned in Allen Park, MI on Tuesday morning...evidently it takes several days to travel an hour and a half. :ph34r: I did get a refund notification for $3 because of the lowest price guarantee, though.

Ray Barnsbury - living vicariously through everyone who's gotten it

Sounds like we need to head over there and give them a little President/VP tag team...encouragement.

John- about to begin the ripping and editing process

A few nuggets:

I always wondered why some people order in the mail for something they can get at a CD store. I was tempted to order through Amazon or one of the online retailers, but a little trip to the mall on release day and having it in hand is better than waiting days or weeks, IMO. Even if I paid $56 for it, at least I'm not still frantically staring at the mailbox and swearing at the mail-lady. :ph34r:

I can't believe some are complaining about this set?! I mean, before now all we had were sorely outdated and long-OOP OST CDs, terribly poor-sounding boots, and SFX-laden/Film-version-edited DVD rips. Come on people! This is one of the best releases in JWFandom history and people whine about off-pitch there or an alternate edit there? I hear the music more clearly and crisply with this release than the prior ones. They sound great on my home stereo system. Okay, I'll throw in two complaints: I'd rather would have not paid twice for the same exact KotCS album that I bought in May, and there's a few cues that didn't make it, sure, but IMO, the set sounds absolutely brilliant and has so much previously unreleased music that it is truly a great release. "Alarm!"... I waited HOW many years for that one? Oh man, the Nazi theme usage in that cue that just kicks... no, demolishes @$$! Now I have it in pristine audio quality! Awesome.

In hindsight, this makes me think of how spoiled many of us were when the TPM: UE was released. Me included, as I was one of the most vocal in my spoiled disappointment. A good chunk of us were ripping mad at the movie-version edits and massive amounts of unreleased action music, but man, I'd take that over nothing in hindsight of AotC and RotS never seeing expanded releases (outside of game tracks). I feel the same here, so I would never dare attack this release for its small (and I mean SMALL) problems. This Indy set is a billion times better than nothing, and nitpicking about a few small things is silly. Overall the albums are excellent in terms of near-completeness and sound quality. The nitpicks are stunning to me!

Thank you Concord Records, Laurent Bouzereau, Lucasfilm, and anybody else who took part in getting this release made. Thanks a million!

KotCS is not expanded .It's only expanded if you put the extra tracks from the DVD previz

Ok ,anyone knows if SAE has the box IN STOCK ?..it would say on the website if they ran out, right?

Well let's hope they inform us.

But SAE still hasn't sent me any confirmation that my set would have been shipped. Which of course does not mean that is hasn't because I remember once receiving an e-mail the day before I got CD I ordered from them. And I live in Finland. Somehow it seems to me that they do not think informing the customer is their highest priority.

A few nuggets:

I always wondered why some people order in the mail for something they can get at a CD store. I was tempted to order through Amazon or one of the online retailers, but a little trip to the mall on release day and having it in hand is better than waiting days or weeks, IMO. Even if I paid $56 for it, at least I'm not still frantically staring at the mailbox and swearing at the mail-lady. tongue.gif

I can't believe some are complaining about this set?! I mean, before now all we had were sorely outdated and long-OOP OST CDs, terribly poor-sounding boots, and SFX-laden/Film-version-edited DVD rips. Come on people! This is one of the best releases in JWFandom history and people whine about off-pitch there or an alternate edit there? I hear the music more clearly and crisply with this release than the prior ones. They sound great on my home stereo system. Okay, I'll throw in two complaints: I'd rather would have not paid twice for the same exact KotCS album that I bought in May, and there's a few cues that didn't make it, sure, but IMO, the set sounds absolutely brilliant and has so much previously unreleased music that it is truly a great release. "Alarm!"... I waited HOW many years for that one? Oh man, the Nazi theme usage in that cue that just kicks... no, demolishes @$! Now I have it in pristine audio quality! Awesome.

In hindsight, this makes me think of how spoiled many of us were when the TPM: UE was released. Me included, as I was one of the most vocal in my spoiled disappointment. A good chunk of us were ripping mad at the movie-version edits and massive amounts of unreleased action music, but man, I'd take that over nothing in hindsight of AotC and RotS never seeing expanded releases (outside of game tracks). I feel the same here, so I would never dare attack this release for its small (and I mean SMALL) problems. This Indy set is a billion times better than nothing, and nitpicking about a few small things is silly. Overall the albums are excellent in terms of near-completeness and sound quality. The nitpicks are stunning to me!

Thank you Concord Records, Laurent Bouzereau, Lucasfilm, and anybody else who took part in getting this release made. Thanks a million!

Well, it's a very poorly produced set. Bouzereau and Concord got the unreleased music out there, and... well, that's about it. The pitch problems, the dynamic range compression, the muddy sound quality in the second half of ToD, the incorrect or missing segues between cues, the complete lack of insight into the score in the liner notes, the false explanation for missing music in Bouzereau's comments, the interview track with very little new material... all in all, it's a very badly done set. What it does have going for it is that it's a presentation of three of the greatest scores ever.

I always wondered why some people order in the mail for something they can get at a CD store. I was tempted to order through Amazon or one of the online retailers, but a little trip to the mall on release day and having it in hand is better than waiting days or weeks, IMO. Even if I paid $56 for it, at least I'm not still frantically staring at the mailbox and swearing at the mail-lady. :ph34r:

I ordered from Amazon, paid $41.99, and got it on the release day. No store can beat Amazon.

I ordered from Amazon, paid $41.99, and got it on the release day. No store can beat Amazon.

And regardless of how long it takes to arrive, saving $20+ is a big deal for some people (yours truly included).

And though I haven't been posting much in this thread, I've been reading it right along, and have to say that more obnoxious than the people complaining about the release are those complaining about the complainers. Who cares how much someone else enjoys the set? If you don't have any problems with its indisputably flawed presentation, that's great (personally, though I recognize the various missteps, most don't really bother me). But feigning such outrage with regard to some of the legitimate concerns people have been expressing reeks a little of self-righteousness.

Those damn veterans! Maybe they could think of somebody else for a change!

Because of the damn holiday yesterday my box set has been delayed. I probably would have gotten it today but nooooo there had to be a holiday yesterday. ;)

Your UPS guy must be an over achiever.

And regardless of how long it takes to arrive, saving $20+ is a big deal for some people (yours truly included).

And though I haven't been posting much in this thread, I've been reading it right along, and have to say that more obnoxious than the people complaining about the release are those complaining about the complainers. Who cares how much someone else enjoys the set? If you don't have any problems with its indisputably flawed presentation, that's great (personally, though I recognize the various missteps, most don't really bother me). But feigning such outrage with regard to some of the legitimate concerns people have been expressing reeks a little of self-righteousness.

Do you want to know what is more obnoxious than people complaining about people complaining? People complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

I checked my Amazon order, it seems that I was charged for shipping after all (though only $2.98, I assumed it would be more expensive for a boxset). The estimated delivery date was November 14th, but after tracking it I discovered that it is actually within my state right now! So I'm expecting to get it tommorrow, but I won't be surprised (but dissapointed) if I find that it isn't there until the next day. My total order was $48.

52! :ph34r:;)

I checked my Amazon order, it seems that I was charged for shipping after all (though only $2.98, I assumed it would be more expensive for a boxset). The estimated delivery date was November 14th, but after tracking it I discovered that it is actually within my state right now! So I'm expecting to get it tommorrow, but I won't be surprised (but dissapointed) if I find that it isn't there until the next day. My total order was $48.

52! :ola: :ola:

Did you order after they icnreased the price from 41.99 to 44.99? Did you pick Free shipping or the default standard shipping (which I think is UPS?)

So, I was able to hear the click track in parts of "Indy's Very Fist Adventure", and I thought I may have caught it once in the finale. But in Indy' First Adventure, it comes in and out so constantly that it is impossible for it to be a metronome. Is this some different sort of click track used for film scoring, or what?

52! :ola: :ola:

Did you order after they icnreased the price from 41.99 to 44.99? Did you pick Free shipping or the default standard shipping (which I think is UPS?)

I guess I must have accidentally ordered default standard shipping (whoops). Oh well, this set is worth 3 extra dollars.

Its far cheaper than the Superman box!

You get what you pay for.

Because of the damn holiday yesterday my box set has been delayed. I probably would have gotten it today but nooooo there had to be a holiday yesterday. :ola:

That's a great way to honor our veterans. You should be very proud.

Neil

That's a great way to honor our veterans. You should be very proud.

Ever heard of sarcasm? You of all people should know when I make a post like that I'm not being serious. I mean I know I put the mad face but in reality I was being totally sarcastic.

Neil,

How would you score this release on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being the best and how would that compare to the Superman Box?

Just curious.

The music gets a 10 for sure.

It would be inappropriate for me to comment on the other aspects of the set.

Neil