Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Listening to "Uncovering of the Ark" at present I noticed that none of the original soundtracks of the first three movies contained the music of the scene where the respective McGuffin is actually found. It's particularly weird in Last Crusade. It's all about the holy grail, but just when Indy is about to get it, it jumps to the end credits ?!?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like how they cut "The German Sub" and "Ride to the Nazi Hideout" in two.

Well, they were never meant to be combined to begin with... there are minutes of unscored scenes in between these cues in the movie

I finished my tinkering with Last Crusade- adding the few remaining unreleased cues from the boot, separating Marcus Captured and To Berlin, and editing On The Tank into Belly of the Steel Beast (with a decent result). I'll be working on the other two the next couple of days. Raiders is a doddle, more decision making than editing, but ToD is going to take a bit of work.

For the record I think this set sounds fantastic. Sound quality wise I'll be taking Concord over the DCC for Raiders.

Does anybody have a good Bridge Percussion rip or Indy and the Villagers (alternate-which I believe is from the Lego stuff)?

Help please!

James - who is incredibly diggin' this set!!

I need to get those few Lego tracks as well, mine somehow got deleted

But more importantly, my set arrived! I re-sequenced the albums, and will leave it at that for the time being. Now I just need a free couple of hours to enjoy the listen.

I think I know what I'm going to do. After I listen to each score, I'll download them onto iTunes. Disc 5 will be broken up so that all the cues are a part of the scores they come from. I'll probably add the interview onto the end of Raiders expanded.

Then I'll make 3 ultimate Indy playlists, picking my favorite versions of the cues from the new set, the DCC Raiders, and the OSTs for ToD and LC.

I got my set yesterday. I put the tracks in the correct order (with minimal editing) and am finishing off listening to Raiders right now. It is very nice to hear so much more music. I think I'll take one album each day.

I have noticed that people have been making their own edits/compilations. It's interesting to see what everybody is doing with the set and various other releases (concord leak, lego, etc). I've learned much more about the Indiana Jones scores from this thread alone. It's great to see such devout and passionate fans out there.

I forgot to mention this earlier. I didn't really notice while listening on my iTunes, but on my iPod, the cues just seem to cut off and go into the next one. There's no fade out or 2 blank seconds before the next cue. It cuts like mid fade out.

Well my updates are not quite ready to post to the site, but here are some things I noticed / figured out tonight:

The Idol Temple: This fades out early, kind of like the DCC version does... unlike the Fake/Prototype leak, which had a longer ending

Map / Out Of Fuel: I verified that 2 sections of this cue are different from the film: The map montage we all know from the lego game, and one other very small 4 second section later on. It's possible it's tracked in from someplace else. The part that seemed new (Indy's theme on strings towards the end) was just from a section basically dialed out in the film.

The Scroll / To Pankot Palace: OK, 1:00-2:04 is used in the film, and so is 2:56-end. The tribal drum section just seemed different to people because they are blended in with so many other sounds in the final film.

So, just 2:04-2:56 was replaced in the film by different stuff. Here's what it is (dvd times for reference):

35:54-36:06 (0:12) = different music, either an insert or possibly tracked from another cue I couldn't figured out

36:06-36:20 (0:14) = no music, basically

36:20-36:31 (0:11) = the choral piece

36:31-36:48 (0:17) = tribal drums, possibly tracked from later in the cue... possibly not

Water!: The never-before-heard Indy's theme stuff at the beginning of this track is right now my new favorite non-traditional version of Indy's Theme, heh. I suppose this was written for when Indy's trying to cool his feet off in the tunnel?

I have to say, one of my favorite things in the set is a small thing, really, but it is soooo nice to hear part 1 of Indy's First Adventure segue into Part 2 without that dry, choked-sounding edit from the original cd.

Are you talking about around 4:49 into the track?

At least the end part of "Indy's Very First Adventure" is definitely not the film version. From around the point when Indy and the Sheriff look out the window on sounds like a flubbed alternate take.

I have to say, one of my favorite things in the set is a small thing, really, but it is soooo nice to hear part 1 of Indy's First Adventure segue into Part 2 without that dry, choked-sounding edit from the original cd.

You're not the only one to catch that. :D

Water!: The never-before-heard Indy's theme stuff at the beginning of this track is right now my new favorite non-traditional version of Indy's Theme, heh. I suppose this was written for when Indy's trying to cool his feet off in the tunnel?

That lines up perfectly with the film and the end of "The Mine Car Chase".

Neil

Anyone notice that WATER! is missing a few seconds from the film version? I don't know the exact time or whatever, but I recall from the film there being a little bit more "frantic action" leading up to right when they are running toward the opening in the cliff, right before they reach it with the water bursting out. It is only a few seconds or so, but it's too bad this wasn't included. Oh well, I guess I would trade that for the new Indy opening that we ended up getting with that cue. :D

I think I know what I'm going to do. After I listen to each score, I'll download them onto iTunes. Disc 5 will be broken up so that all the cues are a part of the scores they come from. I'll probably add the interview onto the end of Raiders expanded.

you needed to do that before you listened to it once

Then I'll make 3 ultimate Indy playlists, picking my favorite versions of the cues from the new set, the DCC Raiders, and the OSTs for ToD and LC.

???that just made you sound like a total noob . You can retire the ToD and LC OST's for good ,and probably Raiders too unless you notice that pitch thing

I forgot to mention this earlier. I didn't really notice while listening on my iTunes, but on my iPod, the cues just seem to cut off and go into the next one. There's no fade out or 2 blank seconds before the next cue. It cuts like mid fade out.

You probably have "crossfade playback " checked in your itunes preferences

Anyone notice that WATER! is missing a few seconds from the film version? I don't know the exact time or whatever, but I recall from the film there being a little bit more "frantic action" leading up to right when they are running toward the opening in the cliff, right before they reach it with the water bursting out. It is only a few seconds or so, but it's too bad this wasn't included. Oh well, I guess I would trade that for the new Indy opening that we ended up getting with that cue. :D

not sure what you mean

I was really disappointed that the Bridge Percussion music was not available on this set. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

what is it with the percussions,It's just the same drums looped for 2 minutes .Even the Anakin Dooku duel is more exciting than that

Anyone notice that WATER! is missing a few seconds from the film version? I don't know the exact time or whatever, but I recall from the film there being a little bit more "frantic action" leading up to right when they are running toward the opening in the cliff, right before they reach it with the water bursting out. It is only a few seconds or so, but it's too bad this wasn't included. Oh well, I guess I would trade that for the new Indy opening that we ended up getting with that cue. ;)

not sure what you mean

You know... the music that plays... when that one thing happens... and then the other thing happens... and then it moves on to something else...

I'm not crazy! lol ;) Okay, I am. But if you watch the movie and compare the tracks you will hear it, too! And then you will understand... :D Just watch the part from where Indy says "Water!" all the way to right when they reach the cliff when the water starts bursting out.

At least the end part of "Indy's Very First Adventure" is definitely not the film version. From around the point when Indy and the Sheriff look out the window on sounds like a flubbed alternate take.

Dammit Laurent!

My set will either arrive today or Monday, getting it delivered to work :D

Since I am in the process or ordering and arranging my TOD cues...

I couldn't help but wonder, if you ARE placing the track titled "Temple of Doom" in chronologically, where would it go exactly? To me there are two places it could go, based on preference I guess since there are two major places in the movie where the track (or versions of it anyway) get used. I personally think "Temple of Doom" should go right after "Bug Tunnel/Death Trap", because in the film, it is right after that scene that they see the Thugee ceremony take place, and a majority of the music from the track plays at this point.

On the Concord release, however, they went with option two. They put "Temple of Doom" after "Children In Chains". I think they put it there because it is not long after the "Children In Chains" scene plays in the movie that the 2nd Thugee ceremony takes place, this time with Willie Scott. But there are bits of unreleased material intbetween all of this of course (most notably "A True Believer"). And in this scene the "Temple of Doom" track is all split up and interspersed with the "Short Round Escapes" cue, if memory serves right.

So personally, in my chronological version, it makes more sense to put "Temple of Doom" right after "Bug Tunnel/Death Trap".

Don't know if this went noticed, but THERAIDER.NET put up a review with some more pics of the set for anyone who cares:

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_me...dise.php?id=975

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

mmmkay YOU AMAZON.CO.UK! ASSHOLES! You can't just cancel an order because of your retarded mistakes!!!!!! AGHHHH! I refuse to pay at the new price, an increase of five or six pounds translates to about $20 AUD, and I would much rather support an independant company if I'm going to pay that much.

Which begs the question: where are other Aussies now planning to order from? I'm so pissed off by this, I've bitten the bullet and decided to download Temple. What a joke.

It could be the crossfade thing King Mark mentioned, but my first thought was that you might be using the dreaded iTunes 7.6.1.9.

Anyway, I got mine today (er, yesterday... long day!). Got to listen to Raiders and TOD so far, and boy do they sound great! The clarity on Raiders is nice—I noticed some new things too, as others have mentioned.

But Temple of Doom... WOW! It's like listening to a real soundtrack now! It has thematic development and stuff! It's a revelation to me, because I'd only listened to a few of my own DVD rips before (the finale/end credits, Stealing the Stones, Indy Negotiates, British Relief, and one of the village cues... I never did get around to doing more). It's fantastic. And now I know why KM always went on about "Short Round Helps"—it's wonderful! I haven't had a chance to edit anything yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Listening to some of these cues just end when it's obvious they're supposed to go into the next... not preferable to me. It's kind of interesting to hear the fake endings, but not all the time. Oh, and "Return to the Village"... so great to hear!

Needless to say, I'm happy with the set.

:(

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

mmmkay YOU AMAZON.CO.UK! ASSHOLES! You can't just cancel an order because of your retarded mistakes!!!!!! AGHHHH! I refuse to pay at the new price, an increase of five or six pounds translates to about $20 AUD, and I would much rather support an independant company if I'm going to pay that much.

Which begs the question: where are other Aussies now planning to order from? I'm so pissed off by this, I've bitten the bullet and decided to download Temple. What a joke.

I'm still awaiting my own cancellation e-mail; refreshing my mail account every five minutes...

I wish we had a bunch of top lawyers to our disposal.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

You have me scared.

I have not received any message about that, it still 20 pouns for me :(

Really the 17.99 price was just 4 pouns less than the HMW price.

You can see that range of difference in other products everyday.

If it was a mistake, they should not change it, in fear of losing customers.

what is it with the percussions,It's just the same drums looped for 2 minutes .Even the Anakin Dooku duel is more exciting than that

Totally not true. Nothing is looped. There's a ton of little nuances that build in it...and it's a major musical set piece. At this point, it's the only one from all 3 movies not released. It also makes a HUGE dramatic impact IMHO. Not including it was pure stupidity.

I know exactly what you mean and I'm also happy aboout that!

Has Amazon UK already began to dispatch the boxset?

Not sure about them, but HMV started dispatching on Weds. Mine hasn't turned up yet, so it looks like I'm looking at a very long weekend.

Has Amazon UK cancelled all pre-orders then and tried to charge a higher price? :(

I think it's entirely their fault - if they mispriced it, then I'm sorry, but they should deliver it at that price. What kind of policy is this anyway. I wish I had stuck to HMV. But my order still shows, so I can't reorder yet (or at least I'd be stupid to do so).

But now, another question, it seems that if I would reorder it at Amazon, it's all being shipped through their Jersey merchant. But does that mean that it could actually get charged extra by customs? Isn't Jersey outside the EU?

Any europeans have any experience with Amazon UK's Jersey merchant?

Play.com is Jersey and I've never had any problems. I'm sure I've ordered a lot of stuff that turned out to come from Jersey and I've never had to pay any extra - I wouldn't think you need to worry, unless Amazon says anything about it on their shipping pages.

I still don;t have a good alternative to amazon .ca who delayed it untill Nov 25 (and I bet next week it will be Dec 2. )

I am not sure if SAE or Intrada or Movie Music would get it to me faster.I need a place that confirms shipping .

I'd be funny if "limited edition "means some of us will never get this set because the big soundtrack dealers and ebay hoarders got all of them..

You're not the only one to catch that. :(

Are you guys talking about around 4:49 into the track?

Better not be truly 'limited'. One of the main points about this is it will hopefully get 'normal' people into the scores, and hopefully film music in general. Ebay hoarding defeats the point... talking of which, I wonder what people are trying to flog it for at the moment... *shuffles off*

Anyone notice that WATER! is missing a few seconds from the film version? I don't know the exact time or whatever, but I recall from the film there being a little bit more "frantic action" leading up to right when they are running toward the opening in the cliff, right before they reach it with the water bursting out. It is only a few seconds or so, but it's too bad this wasn't included. Oh well, I guess I would trade that for the new Indy opening that we ended up getting with that cue. :(

I just compared the two and hear no music in the film that isn't on the Concord version....

Play.com is Jersey and I've never had any problems. I'm sure I've ordered a lot of stuff that turned out to come from Jersey and I've never had to pay any extra - I wouldn't think you need to worry, unless Amazon says anything about it on their shipping pages.

Yeah I order from Play as well but I've never ordered something from Jersey above the customs charge amount (which is 18 euros or something like that I think)...

Anyone notice that WATER! is missing a few seconds from the film version? I don't know the exact time or whatever, but I recall from the film there being a little bit more "frantic action" leading up to right when they are running toward the opening in the cliff, right before they reach it with the water bursting out. It is only a few seconds or so, but it's too bad this wasn't included. Oh well, I guess I would trade that for the new Indy opening that we ended up getting with that cue. :(

I just compared the two and hear no music in the film that isn't on the Concord version....

Too much to drink,Dr Scallenger?

You're not the only one to catch that. :(

Are you guys talking about around 4:49 into the track?

Yes. On the ost it sounds somehow cutted.

BTW, on the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ost, track 8 sounds also cutted at the beginning of the trumpet notes.

I'm very late to this conversation, but I updated my Traking lists with haves and wants and could use some help in aquiring the missing cues to the IJ Soundtracks.

If anyone can help please PM and I will offer any help in return.

The Concord set is great by the way. - Got it yesterday.

I plan to merge my tracks with creative wave studio. I worked out well for my SW E1 UE Re-edits.

I was really disappointed that the Bridge Percussion music was not available on this set. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Which is weak, totally inappropriate music for a duel, that sounds looped over as well. Quit assuming that just because you don't like it doesn't mean a majority of people feel the same way.

Not everyone is interested in wasting time ripping music files from video games in order to enjoy what should have been included on the set.

Not everyone is interested in wasting time ripping music files from video games in order to enjoy what should have been included on the set.

Your the only one here who won't bother getting an unreleased cue if it's not directly on the c.d. Those Bridge percussion can't really be used ad they have SFX

No, just canceled the order all together. And it vanished completely from my account, it does not show not even as a canceled order.

I placed the order last Monday on Amazon UK, when it was at 22.98 GBP (as it is now) and it's still listed on my account. Are they seriously dropping ALL the orders?