Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 14 2008, 03:50 PM) *

Your the only one here who won't bother getting an unreleased cue if it's not directly on the c.d.

Incorrect.

But if it was LotR you would

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look,99% of the people here are at least going to add Indy Rides the Statue (leaked version) ,Marion in the Pit (DCC LP) and Over the Himalayas (film version insert) .I you can't even be bothered to do that ,it means your don't really want that music .

No it means that I expect the record labels to release the music properly. As a consumer I shouldn't have to sit there and redo things I buy.

I'm sorry if this comes across wrong and I'm not insulting anyone but I'm married and I have a life and I don't spend every waking moment listening to film music. While it may seem like I'm here quite a bit I'm usually doing something else that's not film music related, such as reading or working onn a model, and check in from time to time when I'm taking a break.

So instead of spending Saturday editing cues I'll be spending time doing things with my wife.

If you want to sit there and rework the album I have no problem with that, in fact I applaud your efforts but don't sit there and assume that because someone expects things to be done professionally to begin with, that they have no interest in the music.

Reading some of your posts on a fan board gets frustrating sometimes. I'm not talking about editing,I'm talking about D/L a few extra cues and re arranging playing order (by itunes or cdr )surely that can't take more than 30 minutes . The rest is just fancy stuff like combining tracks

interesting

the Expanded KotCS (sfx free) is the same total time as ToD expanded

No it means that I expect the record labels to release the music properly. As a consumer I shouldn't have to sit there and redo things I buy.

I'm sorry if this comes across wrong and I'm not insulting anyone but I'm married and I have a life and I don't spend every waking moment listening to film music. While it may seem like I'm here quite a bit I'm usually doing something else that's not film music related, such as reading or working onn a model, and check in from time to time when I'm taking a break.

So instead of spending Saturday editing cues I'll be spending time doing things with my wife.

If you want to sit there and rework the album I have no problem with that, in fact I applaud your efforts but don't sit there and assume that because someone expects things to be done professionally to begin with, that they have no interest in the music.

OK with that, but you dont even seem to try ask anyone send it to you in a already processed form.

You say the bridge music should be there (you seem to like that cue) but you wouldnt ask for it if it was in HQ, SFX free, out there?

Reading some of your posts on a fan board gets frustrating sometimes. I'm not talking about editing,I'm talking about D/L a few extra cues and re arranging playing order (by itunes or cdr )surely that can't take more than 30 minutes . The rest is just fancy stuff like combining tracks

I'm not talking about loading the CDs into iTunes and putting the tracks in film order. That's no problem.

I actually listen to the physical CD, I don't buy them to rip the music and then put them on the shelf to sit there. I don't want to burn CDRs or edit files. I shouldn't have to.

I listen to music with the actual CD on my stereo set.

No, just dropping the orders that were made when this thing had a cost of 18 quid

I still have my order :( I pre-ordered it 7 nov.

Did you (all people who had it cancelled) pre-ordered it before or after that?

Also in mine it says sold by Amazon EU, not the 'selected merchant' (that i think was put nov 8th)

I'm going to get very angry when they cancel my order :lol:

OK with that, but you dont even seem to try ask anyone send it to you in a already processed form.

You say the bridge music should be there (you seem to like that cue) but you wouldnt ask for it if it was in HQ, SFX free, out there?

Well, we have the PM system for that.

Mark's point still stands though.

I didnt meant a direct question, just interest in obtaining a few extra cues.

BTW this is a 'mess' like the Anthology.

I dont see many complains about that and it was not as cheap as this one, i think.

I still have my order :( I pre-ordered it 7 nov.

Also in mine it says sold by Amazon EU, not the 'selected merchant' (that i think was put nov 8th)

I ordered it on Nov 11 and it is sold by Amazon EU too. Maybe they scrapped only the orders sold through the merchant dealer.

I didnt meant a direct question, just interest in obtaining a few extra cues.

BTW this is a 'mess' like the Anthology.

I dont see many complains about that and it was not as cheap as this one, i think.

Actually there was a reason the anthology was assembled the way it was. Don't forget it was also released in 1993 before iTunes and CDRs. Since then we've had two disc sets that have assembled the cues in their correct intended order.

Actually there was a reason the anthology was assembled the way it was. Don't forget it was also released in 1993 before iTunes and CDRs. Since then we've had two disc sets that have assembled the cues in their correct intended order.

ALMOST correct intended order

I still have my order :mellow: I pre-ordered it 7 nov.

I ordered it on Nov 11 and it is sold by Amazon EU too. Maybe they scrapped only the orders sold through the merchant dealer.

Not holding my breath but maybe they can 'justify' legally that the merchant goodfed the price, but not their own...

I am optimistic that this will not be the last set we see of Indy music. The Rhino recording of Superman was not the last of its kind. The 1993 Star Wars Anthology was not the last of its kind. Someday another label will take Concord's work, at no disrespect to them, and simply take it to the next level. This is at least the third or fourth incarnation of the Raiders score, but only the second incarnation of the ToD and LC scores, and still the first for KOTCS. The only set I know that got it right on the second release was LOTR. I wouldn't expect this release to be 100% complete, but it's still worth a purchase.

I'd be more than happy to PM people to ask for additional unreleased music for all four movies, after I get the discs from SAE in about two months, and certainly in the proper PM channels.

If it comes from FSM, Intrada, Percepto, LaLaLand or Varese (or any of the Soundtrack specialty labels) I leave the albums alone and load them into iTunes as presented.

I admit there have been a few albums released by other labels that I've re-arranged cues in iTunes for. I sequenced the 25th Jaws album in order and I moved the Star Trek Generations Overture cue to the end like it's supposed to be, since it's the End Credits cue.

I also re-sequenced the Bond albums in order, however I didn't edit the cues that combine music from different scenes in the films.

I am optimistic that this will not be the last set we see of Indy music. The Rhino recording of Superman was not the last of its kind. The 1993 Star Wars Anthology was not the last of its kind. Someday another level will take Concord's work, at no disrespect to them, and simply take it to the next level. This is at least the third or fourth incarnation of the Raiders score, but only the second incarnation of the ToD and LC scores, and still the first for KOTCS. The only set I know that got it right on the second release was LOTR. I wouldn't expect this release to be 100% complete, but it's still worth a purchase.

I'd be more than happy to PM people to ask for additional unreleased music for all four movies, after I get the discs from SAE in about two months, and certainly in the proper PM channels.

Indy is a strange case though. Raiders and ToD were out of print most of the time. The DCC Raiders came and went. Last Crusade is the only OST that seemed to be easily obtainable for many years. For as popular and recognizable as this music is, it has largely been unavailable unlike the others you mentioned. Star Wars and its sequels were never out of print, neither was Superman. Both Star Wars and Superman were dead film franchises like Indy for a while, but their soundtracks were always out there. I still find that original Superman OST CD in music stores to this day. I hope your right though, I'd like to see a Kitchen Sink edition of these scores one day. But you have to admit, this music has had a strange history given their popularity and even iconic status.

Although I will be adding some additional cues (maybe a few edits to join tracks here and there), I feel the same way. As I said before, there's probably some solid reasons why Concord has made the mistakes they made, but if genuine fans of the scores still have to make changes to get the music as they want it, then Concord hasn't done it properly and consulted the wrong people to construct and edit the music. This isn't a box the man in the street is going to buy.

Sadly those of us who find that this product is not definitive in its presented form are in a minority and not the focus of the company who made it. If we hadn't been recently spoiled by smaller entities who do see us as the target market (and therefore tailor their products for us), it wouldn't seem as frustrating. What's most annoying is that templates for the proper presentation exist, and had it been done correctly the average consumer would have been no more or less satisfied with it.

Even among soundtrack fans here and at FSM, there's only a few people really complaining about this set.

Is Williams name mentioned on the box as being involved in any way with this release?

Even among soundtrack fans here and at FSM, there's only a few people really complaining about this set.

Is Williams name mentioned on the box as being involved in any way with this release?

you mean besides writing the music and participating in the interview?

Agreed 100 %.

Some people just need a litte change in focus and a few sniffs of fresh air.

Mark has a valid point. Even though personally I have no problem doing a little editing, as consumers we have the right to expect the product to be done right. Don't get me wrong, I love this release, but the few flaws it does have probably wouldn't have happened if FSM, Intrada, LaLa, or Mr. Mattessino had handled it.

I agree with this 100%.

If it comes from FSM, Intrada, Percepto, LaLaLand or Varese (or any of the Soundtrack specialty labels) I leave the albums alone and load them into iTunes as presented.

Again I agree there, if this set had been released by FSM, Intrada, LaLa Land or Varese this would be 100% complete in chronological order and I wouldn't have to sit and tinker with the files like you have pointed out. I hate doing it but sometimes it's necessary when companies like Concord don't get it right the first time around.

Don't get me wrong this box set is a nice presentation but I would have preferred it if they were complete and in chronlogical order.

Well guys, Intrada, FSM et all are not infalible.

We may have had the complete scores, but the bonus cues could be damaged (only stereo...) We dont know why some cues have been left out...

Or we could have re-issues of the OSTs

They have made this kind of releases.

Really, with all the awful releases out there content wise, i dont know why this one is being butchered in these aspects.

And i think rather ironical that now, the POWs have changed. KM is rather happy with the set, on the contrary, the people that were annoyed by him and said that they were happy for getting what we were going to get are the ones complaining. :mellow:

I've just send out PMs with my Raiders and TOD editing package. If I missed anyone, PM me.

Last Crusade editing package will be coming later.

www.indianajonesmusic.com will be updated later as well.

I wanna cancel amazon.de and order from a store in the UK, but I'm afraid in the UK it'll be the same thing...

:mellow:

monday i will know it. I fear the worst.

What if this thing is already OOP?!?! :eek:

Then we have to order from the US, I guess...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now amazon.de says the set will be available on Dec. 12!!!!

:mellow:

yes,see ,only a matter of time before amazon ca does the same

I jumped ship just in time

BTW love your audio review Eric Woods