Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

I wanna cancel amazon.de and order from a store in the UK, but I'm afraid in the UK it'll be the same thing...

;)

monday i will know it. I fear the worst.

What if this thing is already OOP?!?! ;)

We could be seeing a replay of the Intrada Alien :o incident.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is limited as in 3000 copies limited. But you may see it disappear of the shelves if and when the CDs are issued as single releases, which is supposed to happen in 2009 according to rumors.

I don't think this is limited as in 3000 copies limited. But you may see it disappear of the shelves if and when the CDs are issued as single releases, which is supposed to happen in 2009 according to rumors.

Let's hope the single releases are the same as in the box set. I won't be very happy if they've got even more material on them................................................................... ;)

..........................................I'd still buy 'em again though! ;)

Actually I am glad that amazon.de has postponed the sipping into December..

30 € saved for my November budget. :)

that's the most false happy face i have seen in my life

;)

PD: i know you are serious, but inside you must be feeling 'damn two more weeks!'

Let's hope the single releases are the same as in the box set. I won't be very happy if they've got even more material on them................................................................... ;)

..........................................I'd still buy 'em again though! :o

they wont have the 5th disc, so the box is better.

PD: i know you are serious, but inside you must be feeling 'damn two more weeks!'

No actually I don't think that, I really don't care. I have pre-ordered. and it will arrive when it arrives. To be serious:

The boxset doesn't have anything I really care about what I don't already have ;)

and after seeing those pictures, I don't like the design atall..it is awful

I will put that box away and create my own covers for double CD Jewelcases and use the Indy Box, I created years ago, which I really prefer designwise!

They could have released this without any artwork.. I wouldn't care.

This release is just the resource for the assembly I do. using Bootlegs, effects cleaned DVD Rips,

.. this is my ultimate Indy Set! ;)

well it should come as no surprise to anyone here , but the set i ordered in holland has been posponed also.

nov 21. ;) so thanks Erik woods for your review and suites from the score atleast some of it played over my stereo today this way :o

been offline for the last 3 days so had some catching up to do.

So far i only read the last 10 added pages to this thread ;)

cheers

I listen to music with the actual CD on my stereo set.

CD players are strange and foreign to me...

Even among soundtrack fans here and at FSM, there's only a few people really complaining about this set.

Is Williams name mentioned on the box as being involved in any way with this release?

I believe it says "Album Produced by John Williams".

On a side note, in the list of musicians Raiders lists Henry Greenwood as librarian. Interesting. Neither of the other two credit librarians...

I believe it says "Album Produced by John Williams".

Don't just about all his albums say that, whether he had anything to do with it or not? I remember reading an interview where he was annoyed because they put that on the TPM UE.

This will be MY Indiana Jones Complete Soundtracks Collecetion (No Indy 4)

My beloved selfmade box, I posted it in another thread. The part that holds the three CDs is actually the "Pavarotti Collection" with self designed texture glued on, but the other part is selfconstructed and self designed.. I am rather proud of it :)

the Contents: (italic = Joined together but devided into seperate tracks, like the Ep I UE)

Raiders of the Lost Ark:

Main Title: South America, 1936

The Idol’s Temple/Escape

Flight from Peru

Government Agents

Journey to Nepal

The Medallion

To Cairo

The Basket Game

Bad Dates

The Map Room: Dawn

Reunion and The Dig Begins

The Well of Souls

Discovery of the Ark/Marion iInto the Pit

Through the Walls

The Mummy Cave (leak)

Airplane Fight

Desert Chase (DCC)

Marion’s Theme

The German Sub/To the Nazi Hideout

Ark Trek

The Miracle of the Ark

The Warehouse (DCC)

End Credits (DCC + Coda)

BONUS TRACKS:

Through the Walls (alt.)/Idol’s Temple Escape Insert

Map Room (DCC)

The Basket Game (BostonPops Recording)

Raiders March (Edit+Coda)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Anything Goes/1938 Shang-Hai

Indy Negotiates/The Nightclub Brawl (+Anything Goes Overdub)

Fast Streets of Shang-Hai

Map/Out of Fuel (Film Version)

Slalom on Mt. Humol

Starving Village/They Stole the Children/A Child Returns (Concord +DVD)

Short Round’s Theme

The Legend of Sankare/To Pankot Palace

The Feast

Nocturnal Activities

The Secret Passage

Bug Tunnel and Death Trap

The Temple of Doom

Stealing the Stones

Children in Chains

A True Believer (DVD)

Short Round Escapes

Saving Willie

Slave Children Crusade

Underground Heroics

The Minecar Chase

Water!/The Sword Trick

The Rope Bridge (DVD/LEGO)

Cliff Confrontation

Finale/End Credtis (Film Version)

BONUS TRACKS:

Nightclub Brawl (without Overdub)

Map (alternate)

A Child Returns (alternate LEGO)

To Pankot Palace (Film Version)

Anything Goes (orchestral Vers.)

Slave Children Crusade (Boston Pops)

Inidana jones and the Last Crusade:

Indy’s Very First Adventure

The Prtuguese Coast

Packet from Dad/Inskription in the Rock

Father’s Study

To Venice/X Marks the Spot

The Catacombs (Bootleg)............ this one might be added to the bonus tracks, because it just sounds sooo bad!

Rats!

Escape from Venice (+4 opening Notes)

To Austria

The Nazi Stronghold (Bootleg)

Father and Son/Don’t Call me Junior/Elsa’s Betrayal

Marcus in Iskenderun

The Austrian Way

Alarm!

Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

To Berlin

To the Blimp

No Ticket

The Blimp Turns Arround

Keeping Up With The Joneses (album vers.)

Reunion/The Tank

Death of Kazim/Failed Rescue (+ DVD Nazi Theme Insert)

On the Tank

Belly of the Steelbeast (+ DVD Inserts).. maybe resequenced in film order...

Canyon of the Crescant Moon

Henry is Shot/The Penitent Man

The Word of God/A Leap of Faith

Keeper of the Holy Grail

The Power of the Grail

Illumination/End Credits

BONUS TRACKS:

Indy Fanfare 1

The Birds of Charlemagne

Indy Fanfare 2

On the Tank (alt. Take)

Iskenderun (Source Music)

Der Königsgrätzer Marsch (Source Music)

Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra (Boston Pops)

The Idol's Temple/Escape

Why would you combine these? They don't play back-to-back in the film

The Well of Souls

Discovery of the Ark/Marion iInto the Pit

Why would you add Marion Into The Pit onto the end of that track? They don't play back-to-back in the film. Also, The Well Of Souls is supposed to be combined with Discovery Of The Ark

Starving Village/They Stole the Children/A Child Returns (Concord +DVD)

Why would you combine The Starving Village with those other tracks? They don't play back-to-back in the film. The Starving Village is, however, meant to be combined with Slalom on Mt Humol

The Rope Bridge (DVD/LEGO)

Did you find pieces in the Lego track that weren't available in my DVD rip that didn't have sound effects over them? If so I'd love to hear your edit...

A Child Returns (alternate LEGO)

The Lego cue is an alternate of "Indy and The Villagers" (I think what you called "They Stole The Children" up above, which is kind of an odd name because he says that line at the very end of the 4 minute cue), not "A Child Returns"

Packet from Dad/Inskription in the Rock

Why combine these? They don't play back-to-back in the film

The Nazi Stronghold (Bootleg)

Why take this from the bootleg? It's on disc 5 as "Father And Son Reunited"

Father and Son/Don't Call me Junior/Elsa's Betrayal

If you directly combine "Father And Son" (aka The Two Joneses) with "Elsa'a Betrayal", you can hear how Williams originaly wanted the music to sound... makes an awesome 4 minute track, much better than inserting "Don't Call Me Junior" in the middle there

Death of Kazim/Failed Rescue (+ DVD Nazi Theme Insert)

I think you'll find this sounds much better without the insert :)

Belly of the Steelbeast (+ DVD Inserts).. maybe resequenced in film order...

Ditto :)

I was wrong about the Stronghold I meant Father and Son.

All of my decisions are deliberate ;-)

I want certain cues to be combined, to my own likings. I don't really care how it was in the Film so I do that as I like.

I know Starving Village is the End of Slalom, but I like it as a opener for the Village cues..

It doesn't make much sense to me, giving every 30 50 sec cue its own track just because they are in the movie, or on the cue sheets. This music album has to please me and noone else. I tend to organize those albums in set pieces.

f.e.: The Idol's Temple, The Village etc.

And the LEGO Villagers alternate cue has the same percussion as "A Child Returns" so I guess it has something to do with that?

Also these are just the names I gave them.

And to all your questions "Why combine.."

Because I like it that way :)

I'm listening to Temple of Doom now. God...the music in the main titles is easily the best score to an Indy main title. Ever. And that's saying something.

KM may unleash King Cat. The most ferocious feline to grace the planet.

Alien was never a limited edition.

True, but remember when they temporarily were sold out, on that first run? Some people had to wait.

King Cat, eh? You know, there are other methods of delivery....

IndyBoxsetcopy.jpg

Hmmm I guess I'll wait till Monday. Who knows, maybe I'll even spot the set in a store window... :)

Or try HMV: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetail...&sku=891834

Maxxie and I have ordered it from there and it's looking good for stock/delivery :)

And yeah... Amazon.. you suck.

Hi everyone. Long time lurker. I have my set on order, and was just curious... does anyone know how limited the edition size is?

No one knows for sure. It's however limited Concord or Lucasfilm wants it. They'll do pressings until Lucasfilm tells Concord to stop I suppose.

As someone pointed out before it's like the Disney stuff that's limited...once it's gone it's gone.

You say the bridge music should be there (you seem to like that cue) but you wouldnt ask for it if it was in HQ, SFX free, out there?

It's available as a reverb filled rear channel clip. Far from perfect. None of the rear channel music is great.

This boxed set is just a mess.

If anyone is interested, mine will be going on ebay soon.

I'm listening to Temple of Doom now. God...the music in the main titles is easily the best score to an Indy main title. Ever. And that's saying something.

The ANYTHING GOES?

It's available as a reverb filled rear channel clip. Far from perfect. None of the rear channel music is great.

The last line in your post make me do this. :)

Talk about idiotic...why the hell did you even bother buying the set then?

I swear half of you that are really complaining about this set are being very childish about it.

The last line in your post make me do this. :)

Talk about idiotic...why the hell did you even bother buying the set then?

I swear half of you that are really complaining about this set are being very childish about it.

I've spent more than enough money on Indiana Jones soundtracks, DVD's and memorabilia in my lifetime. I'm done buying things that are half-assed only to have to do it properly myself.

So that's what I'll do. Keep the proper version and get rid of the other. I don't need to keep both.

The ANYTHING GOES?

Yup.

"Approaching the Stones" is my favorite unreleased cue so far, followed by "To Pankot Palace."

The only cue seperation that I've found very annoying so far is the one seperating "Out of Fuel" with "Slalom on Mt. Humol." I don't have the means to combine the tracks on my own...would anybody be willing to PM me a combination of the two cues? Thanks in advance!

Ive always deleted the Anything Goes from my rip whether the TOD oST or the Silva CD. I wish the movie had an orchestral main title, like, most other JW scored films, but it does fit the movie...I just don't enjoy listening to the song. I don't particularly like the vocalist's voice.

Wow... just wow.

:)

Roll your eyes all you want.

You don't have to agree with it. I don't ask you to. I've bought Raiders and Temple on 3 different formats before this release...and LC on 2. I'm done until it's finally done right, with the thought and effort it deserves.

I am listening to the Cinematic show radio program and I completely agree with everything he's saying. Although I can't believe he didn't mention the Rope Bridge cue, I truly believe we got the royal screwjob with this release. Putting an interview segment on here that ALL of us have heard before from having bought the DVD's is pointless. The missing music should be there. The booklets are atrocious. There was very very little care taken with this set. From the missing music to the booklets to the pitch problems, etc, etc. It seems like the people involved with this weren't in love with nor as passionate about this music as they should have been.

This is Indiana freakin' Jones. It deserved MUCH better.

I'm done buying things that are half-assed...

You mean like the Star Wars DVDs?

Neil

Yes...and oh, what 4 years will do to you. I don't even watch those DVD's anymore. They've completely taken the fun out of star wars and changed it into something "other." The fans have done a much better job at preserving these than even George Lucas has.

I do have to say I owe you an apology...

It's just 4 years late.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely awesome. I listened to Raiders up through "Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well," and then TOD up through "Children in Chains." I'm floored.

Comments:

Raiders: Excellent quality so far; it has some hiss, but it's quite clear, and as others have mentioned, I'm hearing a lot of details I missed before. I was floored by the choir after the big statement in "The Map Room: Dawn."

Pitch: this is kind of iffy for me. There were some tracks where, not having compared, it sounded right, and others where it was dubious, and seemed like it could be right. "The Map Room: Dawn" is the only one that's really stuck out to me as being off.

TOD: My word...I can't believe this is real. It's just stellar. The sound quality is incredible. I love the alternate "Map" cue, and that unused Raiders March statement in "Out of Fuel" was very cool. And "The Scroll/To Pankot Palace"...holy everloving crap. Fantastic. I'm thinking the stuff that's different in film was tracked. There's a point in the music where the track deviates from what we hear in film, but I think I heard that piece of music we hear in film later in the cue. Listening to my DVD material the other day, I seem to recall hearing the choral bit in one of the other cues. The rest of the track sounds correct, so I'm thinking those are inserts at best, tracked material at most likely.

Jason, by edit packages, do you mean stuff like correct pitch, volume levels, combined cues, etc.?

You're okay in my book now, Craig (is it?). Glad we could put that release far behind us.

I'm still banned from the HTF over that.

Neil

They banned you from that forum because you pointed out the errors in those movies? :)

They decided it wasnt an error but rather a creative decision (right?)

And I can't believe someone would toss this box set...I mean....its' better than NO EXPANSION, isn't it?

Clearly not to that person...

I believe some of the guys at HTF were in Lucasfilm's pockets.

Top men.

About ToD: I love the percussion stuff that comes in during the choral parts of "Broken Bridge," I didn't notice that in the film.

You're okay in my book now, Craig (is it?). Glad we could put that release far behind us.

Neil

They banned you from that forum because you pointed out the errors in those movies? :)

Neil can be...agressive. Especially when he's right.

I may have accused the owner there of being on the Fox payroll. He defended the new disc (after being a give a tour of the facilities where it was worked on) and even said that the mixing error on Star Wars should in no way effect the viewer. I disagreed. Most thought I was being a pain. I thought I was defending one of the undeniably great film scores.

And seriously, this used to be his signature at the board.

ronbo5.jpg

Neil can be...agressive. Especially when he's right.

That implies I've been wrong. :)

Neil

It would make a lot more sense if there had been no indication of issues or missing music before purchase, but people have been analyzing the stuffing out of this set for the past century, and I think it was pretty clear what issues there were. I honestly believe that buying this set is a win-win situation: A) you get more music--and plenty of it is great music with no issues; B) you only help the chances of a comprehensive, well put together boxed set of complete releases in the not-too distant future. I would not be shocked at all if, at least from the development side of things, this is literally an "Indiana Jones Anthology" set, checking out the market. It's already sold quite well, and I think the better it sells, the better our chances are of getting a definitive set.

Neil

I haven't been to HTF in forever. I was banned for arguing with a mod about PAL's 4% speed-up being a myth. :)

Whattaya gonna do?

Regardless, I have VERY fond memories of getting the SW Anthology boxed set when I was much, much younger. I remember reading the liner notes when I got to the final duel between Luke and Darth and it said "here's the music SW fans have been waiting for." That set was released before the internet came to fruition and the producers knew exactly what the fans wanted at a time when it was much more difficult for us to congregate.

Was the set perfect? No it was not.

However, it was far better than we had heard before and it was packed. It also included a fantastic booklet with detailed liner notes. I felt like I was digging into an archive when I went into that.

This release? We get incorrect speed. Pictures we've all seen before in 3 separate booklets that repeat the same "opening note" from a producer who tells us why we're not getting music that we've been dying for over the last (almost) 25 years.

Make no mistake: this release was aimed towards all Indiana Jones and film score fans. There is no one casual that will pick this up, especially at this price point. And I guarantee those who do already own the DVD's, making the interview track a huge slap in the face. That leaves far too much unused time for me to digest.

I'm absolutely thrilled to finally have some great unreleased music in non-bootleg form. But on the other hand, I don't believe that I should "just be thankful and shut up about it." No one in history ever made progress by accepting what they were given and I believe that people who are spending $60 on this set should get (especially in this economy) what they're using their hard earned money for. I can't believe some of the scores out there that get better treament than Indiana Jones. These are arguably 3 of the classic films of the modern era with also some of the most iconic film music of our time. If that doesn't deserve supreme treatment, what exactly does?

I haven't been to HTF in forever. I was banned for arguing with a mod about PAL's 4% speed-up being a myth. :)

:)

I am so glad we have a forum that actually allows free discussion rather than acting like a mini facist state.

So, is anyone else reminded of Han Solo and the Princess at about 0:53 of The Scroll/To Pankot Palace?

Ha, I hear that.

Oh, man..."Desert Chase" album edit = :)

Sadly, I agree. Thank God for the DCC.