Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Do you have a fear of growing up? Do you spend your nights singing that song from "Hook"?

:);):lol:

No, I just don't want to get a job! I'm fine with growing, but I am horribly antisocial, and being forced to talk to people just seems unbearable.

Yes.

If you had a Thanksgiving feast everyday, what would be the point?

Hence the reason for Hans Zimmer's existence: to highlight John Williams' greatness.

Is there any chance someone might have an answer to the question I asked yesterday?

At the moment I am still aboard my cruiseship for another month.

Does anyone know if they might sell it in stores anywhere in Fort Lauderdale (Florida)?

Or perhaps Oranjestad, Aruba or Willemstad, Curacao?

I'm hoping to be able to get it as soon as possible and not have to wait until I return home.

Otherwise I might need to ask my parents back home to order the set for me so that at least it's there when I return.

This is really harsh; I've been waiting for this ever since I became a John Williams fan.

And now that it actually happened, I'm not in a position to readily gain access to it.

I couldn't even download a copy in the meantime because Internet is too slow.

Could anyone answering please send me a PM with where I might find the set?

With my slow Internet, it's hard to find any replies through all the dozens of pages here.

Hi,

for two weeks ago, a member posted CD covers with a white background and a simultan picturebuild...

( For all 4 scores )

These Covers are great !!!

But there are lost from the thread ...

Please can the Member it posted again ?

Thanks

Chris

Absolutely agreed. I saved them to my HD.

But I will only be in a position to upload them in about a month.

Thanks to J Dan I at least found out they were made by JanBing.

Drop him a PM.

tomorrow could be the big day!!

Hey, King Mark, have you got it yet?

I still don't have mine either... but that's OK. I haven't cancelled my order from amazon.de and I've decided to wait till Dec. 12. It'll be a perfect early Christmas present. :lol:

In the meantime, I'm listening to Harry Potter and Home Alone.

If Lucasfilm had allowed to say Intrada or even FSM to release this box set, we would have had a complete and chronological order of the set while still having great quality sound to it. I'm sure too there would have been some extensive liner notes if one of those companies had been able to do it.

We only would have had a complete releae if Lucasfilm/Concord was willing to pay all the necessary re-use fees for all the music.

However, even if the set still had the same length as this one but was by another producer, we certainly would have had some different cues selected, and things properly edited together with no missing pieces

Why should that affect the box set?

Because the box set is just a collection of four individual titles plus a bonus disc. They could have used the bonus booklet as a place for more notes, but they didn't choose to.

However, even if the set still had the same length as this one but was by another producer, we certainly would have had some different cues selected, and things properly edited together with no missing pieces

In that respect I disagree .With another producer probably would have a major mistake like "Papa Jones is Shot" instead of "Short Round Helps" ,and probably a lot more microedits.

Assuming there were re-use fee issues preventing all the cues from being on Disk 5 , the ONLY mistakes Laurent did was Desert Chase and Fortune and Glory.

And The Map.

I've been enjoying this set so much over the last week - the ToD material is nothing less than a revelation, and I can understand why it was a grail for so many.

The only thing that still irritates me isn't actually the missing music, but the principle behind it, and the fact that anyone making an album according to Williams' beliefs is going to exclude tracks because they personally don't think it 'fits the musical story'.

The Map is offset by the Logo fluke ,but yes

Richuk ,didn't you dispute that ToD was a holy grail at one point in the past? I kept telling everyone , the unreleased music is better than what's on the OST.ToD rivals The Empire Strikes Back . Did anyone believe K.M.? noo.

In that respect I disagree .With another producer probably would have a major mistake like "Papa Jones is Shot" instead of "Short Round Helps" ,and probably a lot more microedits.

Assuming there were re-use fee issues preventing all the cues from being on Disk 5 , the ONLY mistakes Laurent did was Desert Chase and Fortune and Glory.

And "End Credits" from ToD. And the microedit of "fast streets of shanghai". And more....

I've been a lurker here for years (!), but I just wanted to delurk and say how much I'm enjoying this set. Yeah, it has all the issues that have noted above, but overall, it's great! The expanded Temple of Doom sounds amazing has been playing nonstop for days now :nopity:

I've been enjoying this set so much over the last week - the ToD material is nothing less than a revelation, and I can understand why it was a grail for so many.

It really is. I liked the score before, but my view of it has skyrocketed since listening to the expanded stuff (in good quality).

Further to my "Nightclub Brawl" edit, I've also managed to have a very pleasing 'test run' with the "Map/Out Of Fuel" cue.

It seems that the insert from the Lego game (the insert that's heard in the film) can be added with very pleasing results. :nopity: More to follow......

Actually, I think that the best part of this set might be the LC stuff.

Though when I listen to ToD expanded, I'll probably change my mind.

I love LC, but I love ToD much more! :P

It's just a random order. My CDs are organized by artist, and I keep them within franchises, but beyond that there's no order. And yes, that's the Japanese import.

I actually did an interesting edit of "Map/Out of Fuel". I guess it's a combo-edit of the Map section. I use the entire alternate of Map that appears on the CD instead of replacing the whole thing, I just added the last statement of the film version from the lego file onto it. The result? Virtually seamless, and now it's like you get the best of both worlds.

Wanna see?

Why did you quote my post? ;)

...so I could quote this one instead. ;) oops, lol

:D

Anybody else in love with 9:53 of "Indy's Very First Adventure?" God, that trumpet fanfare kicks ass!

Since i dont want to hear or skip the interview everytime I put the CD in the Hi-Fi Player, and since there is some unreleased tracks that i want to hear played in the same player and not always the ipod, i made a More music CD with all the Good quality files.

I'm making covers for it. Here is the tracklist.

1 RAIDERS MARCH (FROM RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK)

*2 UNCOVERING THE ARK (FROM RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK)

*3 MARION INTO THE PIT (FROM RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK)

*4 ESCAPING THE PIT (FROM RAIDERS OF THE LOTS ARK)

5 DESERT CHASE - COMPLETE (FROM RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK)

*6 MAP - FILM VERSION (FROM TEMPLE OF DOOM)

*7 INDY AND THE VILLAGERS (FROM TEMPLE OF DOOM)

*8 THE SECRET PASSAGE (FROM TEMPLE OF DOOM)

*9 FATHER'S STUDY (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*10 ISKENDERUN - SOURCE (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*11 MARCUS IS CAPTURED/TO BERLIN (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*12 DER KONIGGRATZER MARCH - SOURCE (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*13 TO THE BLIMP (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*14 THE BLIMP TURNS ARROUND (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*15 DEATH OF KAZIM (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*16 WRONG CHOICE, RIGHT CHOICE (FROM LAST CRUSADE)

*17 WHAREHOUSE ESCAPE (FROM KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL)

*18 SPALKO'S DOSSIER (FROM KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL)

**19 JUNGLE CHASE - EXPANDED (FROM KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL)

*20 OVER THE CLIFF (FROM KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL)

*21 RETURN TO THE VILLAGE/RAIDERS MARCH (FROM TEMPLE OF DOOM)

**22 END CREDITS (FROM TEMPLE OF DOOM)

* PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

** INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL

ANyone knows which font is unsed in the tracklists from the CDs?

PS: Why in the raiders CD it puts 'Previously unreleased on CD' as if all the cues had been released officially in another source (DCC LP....) I suppose they just screwed it and put in on disc one instead on disc 5 for uncovering the ark...

blah.jpg

;)

Wow, that's a nice photo!!!

Everybody should post a picture of their JW CD-collection... :D I will do that too!

there is a thread for it (show us your collection - or something similar)

When my Indy set arrives, I will post a picture of my collection too! I have about 60 JW CDs, I think.

I guess most of you have twice as many! ;)