Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

No I still haven't got it.. They cancelled preorder at amazon.de. but it still says "will be shipped on dec. 12th" in my order information.

I paid 25€ for it which are about 32$ . shipping is free, which might one of the cheapest offers!

well of course I have listened to the music 100times by now, it is the same case as kingmark's

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I still haven't got it.. They cancelled preorder at amazon.de. but it still says "will be shipped on dec. 12th" in my order information.

I paid 25€ for it which are about 32$ . shipping is free, which might one of the cheapest offers!

well of course I have listened to the music 100times by now, it is the same case as kingmark's

My set is still not here either, although i have all the mp3's of the set, have seen the pics of the box online so the anticipation after over a months wait has subdued substantialy. last i read it was set for december 12th here in holland but after been possponed 4 times by now i'm not holding my breath. atleast i can listen to the tracks in the meantime.

and congrats king mark on finally landing the physicall copy of the set ;)

ps i can't hear the sound error in scroll to pankot palace (in the mp3's anyway) but i'm afraid i CAN hear the wrong pitch in Map room dawn but i believe that was the most obvious one to everyone here, but since i have the original ost and the dcc version (yes i know the ost is of too and the dcc has low choir mix but i can live with that) i'll survive ;)

I saw the set in a shop in Vienna recently... couldn't believe my eyes.

So if anybody lives in Vienna, Austria, and wants to get it, PM me and I will tell the first person to contact me.

Soon the set should be available in The Netherlands and be shipped to my house.

However, I'll be back from my time aboard the Zuiderdam before that,

so I just might get me some MP3's in the meantime once I'm back.

At least I DO have it ordered now.

Well, there's no better place to post this observation: Since what has become known as Indy's Theme is called "Raiders March," shouldn't it technically be a theme for the Nazis as well as Indy, as they are all Raiders of the Lost Ark?

I always just took the title as sort of a simpler wording of "The Raiders of the Lost Ark March". So I don't think it was a march for the raiders of the Ark themselves - just a march from the film Raiders.

Hence:

"The Raiders of the Lost Ark March"

It's Indiana Jones's Theme.

...and also the main theme of the movie that was supposed to be a single picture, that's why it was called "Raiders March".

Funny thing is that Luke Skywalker also didn't get his own "Luke's Theme", separate from "Main Title" that is in fact the theme of Luke.

...and also the main theme of the movie that was supposed to be a single picture, that's why it was called "Raiders March".

well they shook hands on a 3 picture deal. but if it had flopped (the horror of the idea) only Then it would have been a standalone picture. then again at the time they didn't know that they would call the others "ïndiana jones and the..."

oh and my box is once again posponed (that makes 5 times it's been pushed further back) :)

it's now set for next monday , although i believe it when i see it :D

Still haven't got the box.... :D

I saw the box on Bol for 26 euro something. 26 euro?? Is that really the official retail price in Holland? Seems so little for a 5 CD box.....

Still haven't got the box.... :cool:

I saw the box on Bol for 26 euro something. 26 euro?? Is that really the official retail price in Holland? Seems so little for a 5 CD box.....

I saw the box in Vienna for 29.99 Euro. :P

I have the collection sadly. Their is still music missing. It's a good collection but come on man.. Do we have to wait again!?!?

From Raiders of the lost Ark

"Uncovering The Ark**"(Note it's missing the end piece when Toht throws Marion into the well of souls)

"The Mummies*" (Inside the Well of souls when Marion get ambushed by dead mummies)

Their is more music missing from Temple of Doom

"THe Village"* (It Starts right after "Slalom on Mount Humol" When they walk through the village for the first time)

"Indy Jones and the Villagers** (Again it's missing abour half of it's music, it is missing the part when we see a village child who escaped the Pankot palace up till the "Fortune and GLory" speech)

"Indian Music"* (The woman singing at Pankot palace)

"The Maharaja of Pankot and dinner Banquet"* (When we see the Maharaja for the first time plus the infamous dinner scene)

"True Believer"* (The scene when Mola Ram turns Indiana into a true believer)

"The Bridge Stand off"* (starts just after the Sword Trick)

"The Last Crusades" (THis one is missing quite alot)

"Packet from Dad- To Donovan's House"* (Self explanatory)

"The Legend of the Holy Grail"* (When Indiana was at Donovan's house talking about the Holy Grail)

"Into the Catacombs"* (Starts when Indiana lowers Elsa into the catacombs, during this sequence

Kasim and his men appear for the first time and we hear a little bit of the Ark's Theme as well stops just before "Ah Rats")

"Father and Son Reunited"* (You know they should have called the concord album track of the same name "Searching for Doctor Jones)

"Don't call me Junior!" * (I TOLD YOU!!! *grabs Nazi machine gun and kills some nazis* .....Don't call me junior!")

"Betrayal"* (When we realized that Elsa may not be what she is. But she is not the only one)

"Iskenderum*" (The middle eastern music we hear while Marcus is making a fool out of himself)

"The Koniggratzer"* (Not John Williams music but still....It's during the Berlin book burning scenes)

"Birds and a Plane"* (a small piece of music).

"Not that Jones! The Other Jones!"* (A rendition of the Raiders march)

"Professor Jones is Shot and the First Challenge"* (self explanatory)

Keys

* Unreleased

** Missing some music

That is my major gripe. But the soundtrack is okay.

(Note I do not know much more of the 4th score but that's missing alot of music as well)

What do you guys think?

Spielberg still talks about the "Raiders movies" (plural) in interviews. I think the plan was to title future movies "Raiders of..." this, or "Raiders of..." that. Then Indiana Jones became a household name, of course...

I have the collection sadly. Their is still music missing. It's a good collection but come on man.. Do we have to wait again!?!?

"Uncovering The Ark**"(Note it's missing the end piece when Toht throws Marion into the well of souls)

"The Mummies*" (Inside the Well of souls when Marion get ambushed by dead mummies)

"THe Village"* (It Starts right after "Slalom on Mount Humol" When they walk through the village for the first time)

"Indy Jones and the Villagers** (Again it's missing the end piece. It's when Short Round talks to INdy on the Hill, asking him what they will do)

"The Maharaja of Pankot and dinner Banquet"* (When we see the Maharaja for the first time plus the infamous dinner scene)

"The Legend of the Holy Grail"* (When Indiana was at Donovan's house talking about the Holy Grail)

"Into the Catacombs"* (Starts when Indiana lowers Elsa into the catacombs, during this sequence

Kasim and his men appear for the first time and we hear a little bit of the Ark's Theme as well stops just before "Ah Rats")

"Father and Son Reunited"* (You know they should have called the concord album track of the same name "Searching for Doctor Jones)

"Don't call me Junior!" * (I TOLD YOU!!! *grabs Nazi machine gun and kills some nazis* .....Don't call me junior!")

"Betrayal"* (When we realized that Elsa may not be what she is. But she is not the only one)

"Iskenderum*" (The middle eastern music we hear while Marcus is making a fool out of himself)

"The Koniggratzer"* (Not John Williams music but still....It's during the Berlin book burning scenes)

Keys

* Unreleased

** Missing some music

(Note I do not know much more of the 4th score but that's missing alot of music as well)

What do you guys think?

yeah we had all that covered a long time ago

K.M.who still has retroactive anger at his box set being late

Funny thing is that Luke Skywalker also didn't get his own "Luke's Theme", separate from "Main Title" that is in fact the theme of Luke.

Well since they played it everytime Indy did something I just figured...... ;)

"Indy Jones and the Villagers** (Again it's missing the end piece. It's when Short Round talks to INdy on the Hill, asking him what they will do)

Keys

* Unreleased

** Missing some music

What do you guys think?

Cripplehawk, check out www.indianajonesmusic.com

We've had all this stuff and more figured out for a long time

Gee KM and I got ours on the same day, I got mine for less than 40bucks. Course mine will remain unopened until Christmas. Patience is a virtue.

I never saw it as a Christmas related thing .Not sure how you can wait that long.

probably because I do have a life outside of film music, and John Williams, there are more important things believe it or not. We've waited 24 years for more TOD music and a few more days won't hurt me.

I received my copy few days ago. And better yet, it was really cheap. Not much more expensive than single KOTCS disc that came out earlier this year.

Anyway, if this set confirmed anything for me it's the fact the Raiders score is the best of the series. I think Washington Men and Uncovering the Ark cues add much to the overall expierence. TOD, on the other hand, is fun as hell, true. But I have this strange feeling JW really overdid it this one time. The score is probably more detailed and chaotic than anything else in his career, but compared to something like TESB it feels just...silly. Williams did to his music what Ben Stiller character in Tropic Thunder did to acting (those who've seen it will understand what I mean. ;)). I don't understand how people complain about mickey-mousing music in the new one. TOD went much further. And compared to that Jungle Chase is so much more refined. And yes, I still prefer to listen to KOTCS than TOD, for some reason. I really enjoyed new music on LC, especially Grail and Cross of Coronado material.

Karol - who is happy with this set, even though rearranging the cues in iTunes can be frustrating sometimes. :|

Spielberg still talks about the "Raiders movies" (plural) in interviews. I think the plan was to title future movies "Raiders of..." this, or "Raiders of..." that. Then Indiana Jones became a household name, of course...

and the worst part of that is the renaming of Raiders Of The Lost Ark on the later vhs and dvd versions , heck i even have my old vhs tape of raiders on the shelf so i don't have to look at that stupid re-title of my favorite film. I even go as far as to call my playlists of the sequels on the computer Raiders II, Raiders III and Raiders IV.

retitled movies for the europeans is on of my biggest annoyances

couple of examples-

Point of No Return -The Assassin

Live Free or Die Hard - Die Hard 4.0

Taking Care Of Business - Filofax

Vision Quest - Crazy for you

i honestly don't see the point.

and hopefuly i will now enter the last weekend without the indy sountrack box ;)

TOD, on the other hand, is fun as hell, true. But I have this strange feeling JW really overdid it this one time. The score is probably more detailed and chaotic than anything else in his career, but compared to something like TESB it feels just...silly. Williams did to his music what Ben Stiller character in Tropic Thunder did to acting (those who've seen it will understand what I mean. ;)). I don't understand how people complain about mickey-mousing music in the new one. TOD went much further. And compared to that Jungle Chase is so much more refined. And yes, I still prefer to listen to KOTCS than TOD, for some reason.

First of all, you prefer KotCS over Tod?! ;);)

Comparing the ToD score to Ben Stiller in Tropical Thunder is... well, like comparing the wonder that is music to the sound of a half-hearted belch. (No offense to you, Ben Stiller.)

Anyway, you have to keep the motto of ToD in mind--Anything Goes. JW went with it and had fun. Plus, the music perfectly fits the movie. That's all there is to it.

Also, VISION QUEST sounds like a Charles Band sci-fi cheapie. DIE HARD 4.0 is dumb, but less dumb than LIVE FREE... POINT OF NO RETURN, it's okay, but it kind of doesn't jump out at you, whereas THE ASSASSIN is very kind of single-minded. Especially in marketing terms.

The retitling of RAIDERS... it's not really different than the whole IV/V/VI redo of the OT. It's just to fit in with the other flicks, it's not like they changed the title on the film. Would I have changed it? No. Do I care that much? No.

I think the re-titling of Raiders was simply done so that all the movies could be found together on the shelf at a video store when arranged alphabetically.

Neil

stupid re-title of my favorite film. I even go as far as to call my playlists of the sequels on the computer Raiders II, Raiders III and Raiders IV.

So you call re-titling one movie 'stupid' while you re-title 3....

stupid re-title of my favorite film. I even go as far as to call my playlists of the sequels on the computer Raiders II, Raiders III and Raiders IV.

So you call re-titling one movie 'stupid' while you re-title 3....

ha!

I have the folders structured as:

...\Williams, John\Indiana Jones\Indy 1; Indy 2; Indy 3; Indy 4

I used to use an MP3-CD player that would list folder names, but only up to 11 characters, so I try to make folder names of individual albums as short as possible. I suppose Raiders 1 through Raiders 4 would work, but I haven't made new folders yet even with the new releases.

And my car's Audiophile MP3 head unit doesn't display folder names; the only way I can navigate through each disc is by the overall number of each MP3 file. If each folder contains ten files, then I can jump from track 1 to track 11 to track 21, and so on. I just tend to memorize how I ordered the folders on the disc, and then just "know" how many folders I jump until I find what I seek. But I'm not pleased anyways with the edits that I made to the new set, so I'm just going to start over.

I re-named it Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark for itunes because it's more convenient

I wish your box set was still lost in the mail!!!!!!!

Neil

I re-named it Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark for itunes because it's more convenient

Neil

Yea that's pretty bad Mark

yes,i had the dilemma of desecrating the title vs. having the albums next to the other ones

I will change it to:

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Neil

I could tell you that I did the very same thing and that i'm very happy with my film novelisation re-prints and DVDs with matching covers.

But i dont want to hear you telling me to 'drop dead already' :mrgreen:

I will never understand why iTunes sorts albums alphabetically instead of chronologically. I would never want that for my film scores or my regular music

What, you mean you can't change that in the options? Sounds like this iTunes program sucks donkey stuff.

If it is an option I've never seen it

you can check the option "year" on the View Options and then make itunes show them by year (after you add the year in the idtag)

Hmm interesting. Does that make the albums appear that way on my actual iPod as well?

well there is but I don't think it can do what you want it to ,it can classify songs by year within an album but the tracks will be in messed up order

What, you mean you can't change that in the options? Sounds like this iTunes program sucks donkey stuff.

Of course you can change it. You can sort by name, album, composer, year, release date, genre. Whatever.

Mine are listed as follows (these are with the material from DVD rips etc):

Indiana Jones Anthology I: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones Anthology II: Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones Anthology III: The Last Crusade

Indiana Jones Anthology IV: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones Anthology V: More Music

Mine are just named 'Indiana Jones and the' followed by Raiders of.., Temple of..., and Last Crusade.

It just helps organisation. Neil, your life must be otherwise perfect if this is the sort of thing that bothers you this much.