Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. Return To The Village properly flowing into the full End Credits not being on the Concord set is the biggest screwup they made, I think, outside of the missing Raiders music (especially since there are no re-use fees and some of the missing music was previously released!)

I wonder if anyone is going to get their set before the November 11th release date or will most dealers/stores wait and ship on the 11th?

Yea. Return To The Village properly flowing into the full End Credits not being on the Concord set is the biggest mmmkayup they made, I think, outside of the missing Raiders music (especially since there are no re-use fees and some of the missing music was previously released!)

what is the missing raiders music.. ahh you mean the desert chase i see

how about the rear channel rips of:

"Packet from Dad"

"Inscription on the Rock"

I never checked TLC atleast the second one must sound perfect.. no sfx in the background ust two people talking, or can you hear the party from nextdoor?

The first second of "Packet from Dad" has the students shouting, and the last 40 seconds has birds, cars, and a bell in the background, with the party piano playing at the last second. The music of "Inscription on the Rock" is very silent, and you can hear some car horns and motors in the background.

Yea. Return To The Village properly flowing into the full End Credits not being on the Concord set is the biggest mmmkayup they made, I think, outside of the missing Raiders music (especially since there are no re-use fees and some of the missing music was previously released!)

what is the missing raiders music.. ahh you mean the desert chase i see

The Concord set is missing 4 minutes, 18 seconds of Raiders that keeps it from being the complete score

• "The Idol Temple" insert (0:10) - never officially released
  • "Marion Into The Pit" (0:36) - released on the 1995 DCC LP
  • "Indy Rides The Statue" original version (2:05) - never officially released
  • "Indy Rides The Statue" alternate #2 (0:42) - never officially released
  • "The Desert Chase" missing sections (total about 0:45) - released on the 1995 DCC LP & CD

While 2 minutes, 57 seconds of that music have never been released before, 1 minute and 21 seconds have been. Either way, all the music would have obviously fit - on the first disc no less!

but your version is PAL speed!!!

Ok anyone has this rear channel rip in US version?

still it is a shame that you didn't know :) by the way I can make it slower and deeper (one half tone) without any loss of quality in a few seconds

I can assure you there is a loss of quality. You're stretching the music - the time stretcher algorithm is effectively spreading the bits across a longer timespan. It may not sound audibly much worse but there is a loss of quality. Better to get it straight from the NTSC source.

but your version is PAL speed!!!

Ok anyone has this rear channel rip in US version?

still it is a shame that you didn't know :) by the way I can make it slower and deeper (one half tone) without any loss of quality in a few seconds

I can assure you there is a loss of quality. You're stretching the music - the time stretcher algorithm is effectively spreading the bits across a longer timespan. It may not sound audibly much worse but there is a loss of quality. Better to get it straight from the NTSC source.

Yep, that's correct!

Yea, it's a shame Lucasfilm farmed this out to Concord and Bouzereau instead of one of the labels/producers that would have gotten it right.

rear channel "The Starving Village" can't really be used It has dogs howling and crickets

Not on the R1

I'm refering to "Demonoid's " boot .I assume he used the R1

The sounds you refer to are heard in what we will be getting on the Concord set as "Indy And The Villagers" and the cue right after it that we call "A Child Returns / Fortune And Glory"... however, "The Starving Village", which Sh*tewanker (the guy who made the boot posted to Demonoid) combined into the end of "Slalom On Mt Humol" (or whatever he called it), is clean.

Why couldnt Jeff at intrada be a fan of these scores (TOD his holy grail? yeah, right)? We would have a complete analysis by now...

Probably because he's busy listening to the music instead of wasting his time talking about it.

Plus I believe he's in charge or works in the shipping department at Intrada and is more than likely a little busy.

Everyone has small bits of spare time....

BTW making a review is not wasting time. Specially if you are in the soundtrack bussiness.

ok then .Because I'm using fairly hi end stuff for listening.As I was saying Soundblaster X-fi soundcard and Grado RS-60's headphones .That's how I can easily pick up the "echo-y" quality of the rear channel rips and the mismatch when I switch to full channel

Demomoid's End Credits is still not as good as my RPO edit .I can hear the same crackles in his rear channel rip of the first 15 seconds of the End Credits as Miss Padme's file .Maybe that's why I never used it in the first place.

BTW making a review is not wasting time. Specially if you are in the soundtrack bussiness.

If I received my box set early I wouldn't be posting here. I'd be spending all my time listening to it first before I posted my review.

If I received my box set early I wouldn't be posting here. I'd be spending all my time listening to it first before I posted my review.

And Jeff from Intrada received his on Friday.

What the hell is everyone's problem? Jeff has been responding to listeners' questions on the Intrada forum as often as he is able to. I'm sure he's very busy. He doesn't owe us a precise, cue by cue breakdown, and he certainly doesn't owe it to us to leak the music online (which is what some people seem to be suggesting).

As for sound clips, just because he got an advance copy doesn't mean he's allowed to put samples up.

And as I said Jeff works in shipping and Intrada just released 2 new discs last night.

Plus if you look he doesn't post that much. He gave a quick overview of the CD and maybe he just doesn't feel like spending his time posting. Not everyone hangs around the message boards like we do.

He's not obligated to do anything.

He not going to add soundclips, Intrada only posts clips of the CDs they release on their own label. He's not going to illegally post clips.

Nobody is asking about leaking, damnit!

A one liner from each track would suffice.

But it's OK, its no use complaining or speculate about the reasons, the guy may have personal problems at home for example (ill family member or something).

ok then .Because I'm using fairly hi end stuff for listening.As I was saying Soundblaster X-fi soundcard and Grado RS-60's headphones .That's how I can easily pick up the "echo-y" quality of the rear channel rips and the mismatch when I switch to full channel

Demomoid's End Credits is still not as good as my RPO edit

Nobody said Sh*teWanker was an expert. Also, the message with his original upload seem to indicate he didn't rip from the DVD himself, but downloaded mp3 rips somebody else made. Then, he uploaded his set to demonoid as 128kbps mp3s.

Wait till you hear my WAV R1 rips. I wish my logmein.com client hadn't broken or I could log in to my home PC right now and upload 'em.

he certainly doesn't owe it to us to leak the music online (which is what some people seem to be suggesting).

I don't think anybody here suggested that (or would suggest that).

He's not going to illegally post clips.

30 second samples are not illegal, and stores don't need labels' permissions to have samples of a CD they stock and sell to be made available online.

I don't personally think it's his duty to do so, however. But I am surprised no other sound clips have turned up online.

We got KOCS samples 7 days before it's release.

But it's OK, its no use complaining or speculate about the reasons, the guy may have personal problems at home for example (ill family member or something).

Huh?

I mean, i would feel really bad if i continued complaining and next week the guy says he hadnt had time to review it because his mother was ill or something worse.

Well that's not Jeff's decision to make. That's Doug Fake's decision since he is the big kahuna at Intrada. And as I said they only post clips of their own releases.

If you are desperate for 30 second soundclips I would suggest you keep checking Concord's official site, Amazon and SAE.

I found Starving Village online without any sfx years ago..

It sounds perfect it has some his though that comes in... hard to describe I haven't done anything to it

but when I listen to the rear channels I can hear some crickets those are not on this file I found via filesharing

If the crickets were only in one channel and not the other, somebody could have replaced that part with the other channel to cut them out. That would make that section mono however.

If the crickets were only in one channel and not the other, somebody could have replaced that part with the other channel to cut them out. That would make that section mono however.

no it is stereo i always wondered were it came from.. i always thought it is from a different region rip. but now you say that there are crickets... uhmm

Well I never heard crickets in my R1 rip or the Demonoid set. However, I never cranked it up to full volume or listened with crazy headphones like mark. Maybe they are just really quiet and I never noticed them.

You know, all this discussion just makes me more POed that Concord set isn't complete :)

Most of you are being way to critical about this set. Just be happy you're getting any new music at all, geez. Concord could have just re-released the previous three scores as their original OST's and screw everyone over...as I said just be happy you're getting what you're getting.

Am I reading that right? $39.99 + $1 shipping??

EDIT: It's $2.99 shipping, but if you but at least 3 things you can get $1 shipping (in the US)

Am I reading that right? $39.99 + $1 shipping??

EDIT: It's $2.99 shipping, but if you but at least 3 things you can get $1 shipping (in the US)

Yep. That's correct.

Damn. Now I'm in a pickle.... cancel my Amazon order for this new (much) lower price? But then what if I don't get it as quickly as I would have from Amazon?

By the way, it doesn't appear that it will be on sale at Best Buy, Circuit City, or Target next week.