Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we get a free bonus track with the fake leak

K.M.Who can't get the F***king clips to run without installing Window Media Player 11

I HAVE WMP 11 and can't get the GD clips to play...

so we get a free bonus track with the fake leak

K.M.Who can't get the F***king clips to run without installing Window Media Player 11

I HAVE WMP 11 and can't get the GD clips to play...

they just started playing now for some reason (also why I edited my post)

New info from Film Score Monthly:

It seems that the old versions of temple of doom and last crusade (especially that one) are no more interest... at least, for me. But I will keep 'em.... The sound on the original temple of doom was already perfect to my ears. Last crusade with its horrible sound on the warner cd can be now forgotten.

And the problem with one or two track with the "different" sound is very minor. Don't hesitate. It's a jewel.

And the track which sounds "different" is track 17 on Indiana Jones and the temple of doom.

well its reasonable that there are quality differences between tracks in disc 5. Since they are from the distinct sources and orchestras.

Now if they mean that some are like the LC boot...i'm scared...

FSM update:

Well, different means different.

Seriously, the sound is less effective. The original source is not the same than the other unreleased tracks. Well, I suppose so.

And I forget to say, Booklets are very disappointing. The same text on one page on each of the three booklets. No word on the construction, the idears, the orchestrations, the (put what you want), etc... I assume that the idear is to hear only the interview on disc five. Photos are not good.

But It seems that I only point the bad things. But, hey, it's the Indiana Jones music. And believe me, it is very very good!

So of all cues Short Round Helps aka Underground Heroics has inferior sound. Not great news

Luke it's impossible that the sound is as bad as the LC boot,that is beyond bad

And i don't care about the digipacks ,booklet,pictures,liner notes...ect.. but putting disk 5 in a cardboard slieve is a bit too much .Those things scratch c.d.'s

For a while now this set has seemed like raw material we have to assemble our own proper expanded scores from. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

This sounds a bit dodgey. :P

I wonder how 'inferior' ToD is? It better not be too noticable! :angry:

I hope you won't be able to tell the difference between 'Return To Mayapore' and 'End Credits' in terms of quality. :unsure:

For a while now this set has seemed like raw material we have to assemble our own proper expanded scores from. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

Yeah, I agree here. :(

If you want my opinion, it seems as though some of it has just been thrown together! :angry:

The previous CDs that Laurent Bouzereau worked on weren't exactly full of info. He seems to keep it simple and that may also play into keeping the costs down on the set.

I'm more interested in the music.

That doesn't really matter either . I'd rather have individual cues than merged ones ,and I don't mind re-sequencing.

Maybe the missing toD and LC cues will leak somewhere like the other Indy Rides the Statue cue did.

That doesn't really matter either . I'd rather have individual cues than merged ones ,and I don't mind re-sequencing.

Maybe the missing toD and LC cues will leak somewhere like the other Indy Rides the Statue cue did.

That would kick ass

I would also wait until you get your sets before panicking about the sound. Remember there are members here who think the sound for the Helicopter Rescue sequence on the FSM Blue box isn't as good as the Rhino Set. So there may be nothing wrong at all.

I already have my letter of complaint to Luca$ drafted.

Don't .A lot of us suspect those complaint letters about the TPM UE is why we never got expanded releases of AotC and RotS.

I was ready to complain to Concord,but only when we thought the box set would contain the old OST's unexpanded

It appears amazon.ca has pushed back their release date for the collection from the 11th to the 18th.

Amazon.ca

I found this out when about an hour ago an email came in telling me my order would be late arriving... :unsure:

Brian99_1

I ordered from amazon.ca .

should I screw them and cancel my order or pay more and get it from US or get a leaked version . I sure don't feel like waiting an extra week

somehow I knew this would happen.

It's not really screwing them, I mean it must be all of Canada that had the release date pushed back, not just Amazon

right, exactly

I mean, you know you'll have a leak before Nov 11, and you can't get it before Nov 18 in Canada, so you don't have much options seems like

Hey, welcome to my, and other Brits' world!

We're waiting an extra week and you don't see me complaining.

in the meantime keep checking your newsgroups

Maybe this will cheer you up

It looks like somebody put "Short Round Helps" from the set up on youtube:

How incredibly amusing......

I would also wait until you get your sets before panicking about the sound. Remember there are members here who think the sound for the Helicopter Rescue sequence on the FSM Blue box isn't as good as the Rhino Set. So there may be nothing wrong at all.

That's very true, people shouldn't be jumping the gun quite yet. Also don't send complaint letters to Lucasfilm, I tend to agree that the reason why we haven't seen expanded sets for AOTC and ROTS is because of the complaint letter Lucasfilm got from this forum about the Phantom Menace U.E.

Actually I don't blame the protest letters about TPM:UE because that was just crap.

I don't blame them either but to an extent it's nice to have the TPM U.E. because of the unreleased material...but still would have preferred it to be the intended version.

If they had gotten that one right, MANY people would have bought it, then they would have done the same for AOTC and ROTS and many people would have bought those too....

Instead they screwed it up and screwed us over

I prefer to have the UE and a 99% complete custom "intended version" Edit than just the OST and a few bad sounding game files .The TPM game files weren't of the quality we got for RotS

Yes but the point is that Sony should have spent the time and hired somebody who would do the 2CD set right, but they didn't.