Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been skimming through this thread so I'm sorry to bring up old questions...but what's the deal with "Map/Out of Fuel?" It's a version not used in the film?

And the soundclips sound fantastic, I'm giddy as a schoolboy!

So I've been skimming through this thread so I'm sorry to bring up old questions...but what's the deal with "Map/Out of Fuel?" It's a version not used in the film?

Yes, it's the full, original version. The film version is a 45-second insert, which we have complete and clean from the LEGO Indiana Jones game.

And the soundclips sound fantastic, I'm giddy as a schoolboy!

Based on only 20 seconds it's quite possible that the cue is as Williams originally composed it.

We'll know more once someone actually gets the set and can listen to the cue in full.

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?s=&s...st&p=496358

Yes, it's the full, original version. The film version is a 45-second insert, which we have complete and clean from the LEGO Indiana Jones game.

Ah, I see.

I'm in a good mood. 50secs of last bit of Short Round Helps:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xpec2f

Damn reviewers and advance copies...

But thank you!!! That's one of the finest 50 seconds of film music I've ever heard. Period.

New samples over at MMUK. See post near bottom:

http://mmuk64.proboards42.com/index.cgi?bo...336&page=18

Best,

Thank you JWB, these sounds great

"On The Tank" - holy cow, all kinds of instruments you could NEVER hear in the boot!

Neil - do you still prefer the DCC transition between "The Warehouse" and "End Credits" over this one??

Damn reviewers and advance copies...

But thank you!!! That's one of the finest 50 seconds of film music I've ever heard. Period.

you know when the theme kicks in 35 seconds into that clip .One of JW's best moment of any score

Neil - do you still prefer the DCC transition between "The Warehouse" and "End Credits" over this one??

Yes. It's two tracks that really didn't need to be combined, while Temple of Doom will have plenty of cues that are supposed to segue together that don't.

Neil

Yes.

Neil

Wow

I'm crapping my pants right now! This is fantastic. I'm so looking forward to this stuff.

As far as "Alarm!" goes, if the Nazi march isn't there, then we can take comfort that that's the one SFX-free part of the cue from the DVD rip.

I think the problem is solved for the End Credits ,wether you prefer an edit with the RPO or DVD rear channel rip for the first 15 seconds is your choice but I think it's 90% good

Yeah, the situation on that could really be a lot worse. At this point, if you don't mind editing, the only real major issue is the lack of "Fortune and Glory."

The alternate Binary Sunset is incredible.

Yeah incredibe, who would have thougt what williams re-scored the scene.

Come on guys, its a very interesting cue, but the film version is the best rendition of the force theme, one that has been reprised in every movie.

The film version is a very important cue.

Yeah, the situation on that could really be a lot worse. At this point, if you don't mind editing, the only real major issue is the lack of "Fortune and Glory."

And "A True Believer"

Well, yeah, but not quite to the same extent. It's just flat a fantastic moment when you have that great statement of the POTSC theme kickin' into "Short Round's Theme."

EDIT: Wow, that sample of "Out of Fuel" from the SendSpace batch is an absolute revelation. Is some of that unused, or was it just so buried even on a rear channel rip that I didn't recognize it?

Yes.

Neil

Wow

Why is that a "wow"? The combined cue doesn't sound right to me. It's not that way in the movie and every album we've ever had and every recording we've ever had of the "The Raiders March" has a clean opening. Now this doesn't, and it doesn't seem right to me, because it doesn't sound like musicians could play it that way. And the DCC has a nice ring out on "The Warehouse" which leads right into the end titles, which sounds correct. It's a nice pause to catch your breath.

Neil

And some of you still want to put cues from the old LC boot in there :beerchug:

Yes.

Neil

Wow

Why is that a "wow"? The combined cue doesn't sound right to me. It's not that way in the movie and every album we've ever had and every recording we've ever had of the "The Raiders March" has a clean opening. Now this doesn't, and it doesn't seem right to me, because it doesn't sound like musicians could play it that way. And the DCC has a nice ring out on "The Warehouse" which leads right into the end titles, which sounds correct. It's a nice pause to catch your breath.

Neil

I agree .

holy guacamole

On the tank has synths?

On the boot was unnoticeable and neither in the movie

its strange but the cue is sooo cool :)

And some of you still want to put cues from the old LC boot in there :beerchug:

Yes.

Neil

Wow

Why is that a "wow"? The combined cue doesn't right to me. It's not that way in the movie and every album we've ever had and every recording we've ever had of the "The Raiders March" has a clean opening. Now this doesn't, and it doesn't seem right to me. And the DCC has a nice ring out on "The Warehouse" which leads right into the end titles, which sounds correct. It's a nice pause to catch your breath.

Neil

I agree .

Bah, the isolated raiders match is already in the KOTCS disc... :P

I'm crapping my pants right now! This is fantastic. I'm so looking forward to this stuff.

As far as "Alarm!" goes, if the Nazi march isn't there, then we can take comfort that that's the one SFX-free part of the cue from the DVD rip.

Take comfort. It's there. :beerchug:

Yes. It's two tracks that really didn't need to be combined, while Temple of Doom will have plenty of cues that are supposed to segue together that don't.

Neil

Given the editing in the film we can't know whether they needed to be combined. I'm sure Bouzereau's comprehensive liner notes will elucidate how the music was supposed to flow... haha, oh wait.

But it makes musical sense to me that the final beat of "Washington Ending" is the first beat of "Raiders March."

Yeah incredibe, who would have thougt what williams re-scored the scene.

It was rescored at Lucas' request, not Williams.

Come on guys, its a very interesting cue, but the film version is the best rendition of the force theme, one that has been reprised in every movie.

The film version is a very important cue.

We're not saying it's not important, quite the opposite. It's just "Map/Out of Fuel" has no comparison with it. You said the cue is boring though, that's what amazed me and prompted my "incredible" reply.

Can you provide a sample containing it? :)

Can you provide a sample containing it? :)

Sorry, 10 clips is my limit!

Yeah incredibe, who would have thougt that williams re-scored the scene.

It was rescored at Lucas' request, not Williams.

d'uh. I know

One of the few good musical tinkerings by George Lucas.

oh,the alternate Binary Sunset alternate is amazing .I think it sounds like Ben Garner's Boat aka Night Search in Jaws

Williams is a hack.

Mmm What this is imposible!, its Williams peak era, every sole cue is original :beerchug:

Take comfort. It's there. :)

Can you provide a sample containing it? :P

Or perhaps quick write-ups on each track, or at least the ones we JWFan.com forum members have been hyperventilating over for weeks now? :beerchug:

(I'm assuming you have access to the entire set, and not just sample-sized bits n pieces?)