Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an editor. I'm credited on Blazing Saddles and The Pony Soldier and I've been developing more relationships and working on other projects.

Neil

Hey that's pretty awesome!

So what projects are you working on now?

Looks like it's official

Most of us Canadians have noticed that Amazon.ca's order page has said the release date has been moved in Canada to November 25th but my order page has been still telling me Nov 18th ... that was at least it was saying that till I got the email saying they have in fact moved to the 25th not moments ago.

I have no problem waiting for a date but if they would just pick one and stick with it this would be way less frustrating...

Brian99_1 - Who just wants to hear the scores before the next ice age!

Looks like it's official

It's absolutely the first and LAST time I pre-order something from Amazon .ca

Right now the only thing preventing me from switching is that places like SAE are probably swapped with orders and might come up short too .

At least yours isn't in with a chance of being cancelled because they put the wrong price up.

I've cancelled my Amazon order and asked a friend who works at HMV to put a copy back for me.

You mean that amazon.co.uk was very cheap and was an error and may get cancelled? OH MY! :spiny:

For those of you who haven't gotten your sets delivered yet, all but 3 tracks are available on Spiral Frog...

http://www.spiralfrog.com/download/album/97145362/Indiana

And yes, Spiral Frog is legal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpiralFrog

You mean that amazon.co.uk was very cheap and was an error and may get cancelled? OH MY! :spiny:

Reminds me of about 10 years ago when CBS/Fox's online store mistakenly listed almost their entire Doctor Who VHS catalog down to about $2 or $3 each (instead of normal price around $20-$30). Some who placed their orders early (before news spread and everyone and their brother were ordering) got theirs shipped before CBS/Fox caught the mistakes. The majority of us (hi there) who had placed an order for a bunch of tapes at the cheap price found their orders flat out cancelled.

Some fans started talking litigation, but I think one of the lawyer fans (a fan who was a lawyer, not someone who was a fan of lawyers, of course) among us at the time told them not to bother, they'd get nowhere, CBS/Fox would win hands down.

Look back about 10 years on rec.arts.drwho if you feel like it.

Why on earth is there a slight sound dropout at second 23 in 'Map - Out of Fuel'? If you use headphones, it's very obvious...

Can't hear that .I have good headphones

Why on earth is there a slight sound dropout at second 23 in 'Map - Out of Fuel'? If you use headphones, it's very obvious...

Can't hear that .I have good headphones

The trumpet wanders from the left side to the middle....at 30 seconds, everything seems to be ok again...

I forgot to mention before that King Mark was right, Slalom on Mt Humol and Short Round Helps are lower in the volume than the rest of the CD

It was very obvious when trying to combine tracks last night

Well, I just checked the tracking and my box set finally has arrived here in Salt Lake City, so I'll be getting it today for sure, yay!

:ola:

Just got it!!! Together with my new ipod nano :spiny:

The agonizing time of waiting is over...

My order at SAE is still... pending. :ola:

SAE may not send you an e-mail until the day your disc arrives... :spiny:

But they do try and update your acct when they ship. As I mentioned earlier I pre-ordered mine back at the end of September and it shipped Monday.

But judging by the pictures SAE posted at FSM I imagine they are swamped with getting orders out.

If you have the necessary audio software you can give "British Relief" a treble Boost and it will sound as clear as the rest of the cue :spiny:

So you only treble boost a portion of the track?

Wow, there really is a noticeable difference in sound quality between the cds and the tracks I downloaded from Amazon. The downloaded files used to break/crack or whatever you want to call it when I listened to them with my headphones at high volume, but there's no such thing so far concerning the cd tracks. I'm satisfied. Rest of Last Crusade, I'm coming...

If you have the necessary audio software you can give "British Relief" a treble Boost and it will sound as clear as the rest of the cue :spiny:

yes afterwards it is crystal clear.. the sound is very muddled when the fanfare starts, on the album..

I'm an editor. I'm credited on Blazing Saddles and The Pony Soldier and I've been developing more relationships and working on other projects.

Neil

Can't talk about any of them until they are announced. I'm sure you understand.

Neil

yes afterwards it is crystal clear.. the sound is very muddled when the fanfare starts, on the album..

So the treble boost starts when the Bristish fanfare kicks it, but should it end when the fanfare ends, or should the boost also effect the "Indy's safe" portion (the part in the movie when he climbs up over the ledge with the shankara stone in his hand)

So the treble boost starts when the Bristish fanfare kicks it, but should it end when the fanfare ends, or should the boost also effect the "Indy's safe" portion (the part in the movie when he climbs up over the ledge with the shankara stone in his hand)

It's exactly the same as with the 'Map' cue i mentioned...on my AKG's i clearly hear a kind of volume drop in both instances, for the lack of a better word, as if another source was mixed in, which hasn't quite the same stereo field as the one before. It's only noticeable on headphones, though.

Neil

Can't talk about any of them until they are announced. I'm sure you understand.

Neil

Family Plot?

It's exactly the same as with the 'Map' cue i mentioned...on my AKG's i clearly hear a kind of volume drop in both instances, for the lack of a better word, as if another source was mixed in, which hasn't quite the same stereo field as the one before. It's only noticeable on headphones, though.

these are still 20+ year old scores .Were lucky they still sound this good overall

i listened halfway thorough Raiders. I cannot tell anything about a pitch issue.

I thought the packaging was just going to be a flimsly cardboard box...this is really much nicer than I expected!

Popping in Raiders now, to begin my final adventure (at least for a while).

Mine has arrived as well!!!!!

TOD sounds awesome. And I have to say, I don't miss the "Anything Goes" statement in "The Nightclub Brawl" It sounds fantastic.

And agree with Indy4, the packaging is quite nice. Man, it's nice to hear "Map/out of Fuel" without sound effects!

Alright, I'm rambling,

Jamesyboy

So, I listened to the complete TOD score, and I admit I severely underestimated it; it's really one of Williams' best. Very, very enjoyable.

I was surprised that this weird sound that you can here when the three Sankara stones are brought together is actually part of the score and not just a sound effect (I never had the original CD).

Now its Raiders' turn :)

I thought the packaging was just going to be a flimsly cardboard box...this is really much nicer than I expected!

Mine was somewhat damaged during transport; I'm always that lucky. Ah well, the music is the important thing, right?

I cant believe my set still hasn't arrived. I should have never switched my order from Amazon.com to Movie Music just to save a couple bucks. Stupid of me

Mine was somewhat damaged during transport; I'm always that lucky. Ah well, the music is the important thing, right?

What happened to the box?

"Washington Men" really is a great variation of the Ark theme, and I love the expansion JW gives the motif he had in "Idol Temple" for "Indy Rides the Statue." Other than that, I hear the choir much better in this version of "The Map Room," so that was very nice, and it's everything I wanted it to be so far. I'm currently listening to "The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing."

The edits in "Desert Chase" are annoying, but I don't think anybody who hasn't heard the DCC version will notice them too much.

That reminds me of this (nsfw)

Makes me wonder how many people take pictures of items while naked...

What happened to the box?

"Washington Men" really is a great variation of the Ark theme, and I love the expansion JW gives the motif he had in "Idol Temple" for "Indy Rides the Statue." Other than that, I hear the choir much better in this version of "The Map Room," so that was very nice, and it's everything I wanted it to be so far. I'm currently listening to "The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing."

The upper rear edge was smashed in. It's not too bad, but it affected the Digipaks and the booklet with the, "cough", liner notes as well. A bit annoying.

Raiders:

Add:

DCC Desert Chase

Indy Rides the Statue Leaked Concord

Marion in the Pit DCC LP rip

ToD:

Raise volume Slalom on Mt Humol and Short Round Helps

Combine Map/Out of Fuel and Slalom on Mt Humol

Combine The Broken Bridge /British Relief and Return to the Village

Add Map film Version insert as bonus track (not re-edited)

Use End Credit RPO Edit

Last crusade:

No tinkering needed.

Oh, I guess that's not worth the effort. Let me move a couple of time and it looks like that anyway. At least it's not torn and the Digipaks still fit. Have seen worse (got a DVD box with a stab hole once; a miracle it didn't break the discs ;-))

Just listened to "to Cairo". Never heard so many musical details before. And the choir in "Map Room" is also great. I much prefer that version over the DCC (although the new/old "Desert chase" is, well, suboptimal)

I actually like how they cut "The German Sub" and "Ride to the Nazi Hideout" in two.

Oh, I guess that's not worth the effort. Let me move a couple of time and it looks like that anyway. At least it's not torn and the Digipaks still fit. Have seen worse (got a DVD box with a stab hole once; a miracle it didn't break the discs ;-))

:)

I actually like how they cut "The German Sub" and "Ride to the Nazi Hideout" in two.

It is how they're meant to be, but I don't mind the combination on the DCC album at all. It has a nice flow to it. Listening to "Ride to the Nazi Hideout" on its own, I feel like there isn't enough of a buildup to the grand statement of the Raiders March.

:)

Does the :) refer to my apparent indifference (it's not true; I'm just trying hard not to get too agitated ;-)) or the story of the stab hole?

:) It's for the stab hole...somebody passionately hated that film...

Oh, and I officially prefer the Concord combination of "Washington Ending/End Credits."

I've officially finished my Raiders run through!