Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Listen to the album track again. The loud/powerful statement of Indy's theme is there, just later on in the track.

What about the 'majestic' variation that opens the film version of the end credits before the short round counterpoint (like on the Prague CD) did they somehow edit that into the track?

That's the missing 26 seconds we've been talking about for 62 pages :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since some of the music needs to be spliced together from varying sources, I'm curious if anybody has a complete list of which Lego music files (by name) come from which IJ movies?

Since some of the music needs to be spliced together from varying sources, I'm curious if anybody has a complete list of which Lego music files (by name) come from which IJ movies?

The Map film version and Indy and the Villages Alternate are the only things in the Lego games that are not in the Concord set (other than some Sanskrit Ceremony film edit stuff)

However, you will find plenty of information about the Lego files in this thread, specifically starting with this post

I'm not editing the Map film version into the Concord track .I just use the Lego insert as a standalone track to be played just before the Concord version

I was supposed to receive the set today, as my brother was comming from the US with it (I had ordered it from Amazon with 'fast shipment' just for it to get to his house on time. However, he had to delay his trip at the last minute and will only come on the 30th! Thanks to the radio podcasts, however, I was happy to listen to the unreleased tracks.

Since the track titles were revealed we already knew that this release would not be complete. Taking into account what is included in the set, my biggest disapointments were the TOD tracks MAP and NIGHTCLUB BRAWL.

On NIGHTCLUB the music clearly 'steps back' in the portions on which the Anything Goes sections were inserted. It seems clear that the Anything Goes were used as an integral part of the underscore, matching perfectly scenes like the guy throwing knifes at Indy, whithout this sections the music is very good action but has lost half of the fun of the track.

On MAP, my favourite portion of the track was the love theme version in it, which in the version released is replaced by a not very interesting section. Can someone indicate were can I listen to the Lego, film version, of this track?

Is it possible that there is much more hissing noise in "Indy and the Villagers" than in the other TOD cues? The rest sounds so clear, but in this one cue it's almost distracting. Sorry if I missed an earlier discussion on that.

We have more than enough music from KOTCS and if some find the bridge percussion from TOD un-neccessary I can add the extra music from Jungle Chase is just as needless because it is basically the same chase music repeated over and over, with Marion's theme......whoopdee friggin doooo....

I'm not sure if you were just trying to make a point, but there's a lot more to the complete Jungle Chase music than just repetitive chase music and Marion's theme. Yes there's Marion's theme, there's also the Raiders march (and not just that bit from Desert Chase), a statement of Irina's theme and that cool Russian 'jig', more chase music and more variations of the Raiders march before even starting into what's on the album.

The variation of the Russian theme is my favorite variation on the whole film, it's a real shame it wasn't included on the album.

Hiss? It has strings in the background at the beginning

Well I can hear the strings, but there seems to be considerable hiss as well. Not as much as in Raiders, but more than in any of the other TOD cues. It's a bit hard to compare, since many cues start immediately with rather loud music, but if you listen to the end of Short Rounds theme for example, it appears much clearer.

I'm not particularly disturbed by it either. I just found it curious that the quality is worse in this one cue.

Bad Dates

The Secret Passage

Father and Son Re-United

The 3 cues I would trade for other ones that didn't make it to the set (more specifically A Dying Child/ Fortune and Glory, Legend of the Grail, The Two Joneses). Assuming we could not get anymore previously unreleased music time wise ,this is my one and only complaint about the set

Yeah, I would probably have chosen the same cues. I particularly miss "The Catacombs" and "Elsa's Betrayel" (very nice version of the grail theme). And "Fortune and Glory", of course.

But then, there was no need to drop cues just for time reasons.

I am listening to the Cinematic show radio program and I completely agree with everything he's saying. Although I can't believe he didn't mention the Rope Bridge cue, I truly believe we got the royal screwjob with this release.

Thanks for tuning in. Yes, I forgot the mention the rope bridge. It's a shame that it's not on this release. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the program.

-Erik-

Why don't you listen to the music and enjoy it instead of focusing all your energy finding specific issues with the sound quality ,that seems where all your listening time goes.

You make it sound like some of these cues (Return to the Village ,British Relief) are unlistenable . Even those sounds much better than I would expect from a 25 year old score .What if the whole set sounded like the Rhino Superman , or the Jaws 25th Anniversary c.d. .or recent muddy Williams albums like AI...

"The pitch is off on Raiders and ToD

The reverb of the trombones in Night Club Brawl totally ruins the set

Map/Out of Fuel sounds like crap because the trumpets "drift off" at some point

The British Relief fanfare sounds much worse than the rest of the cue.

Return to the Village warbles through the entire cue"

Sorry I can't notice any of the above .It really sad when you read that some people think the set is ruined because of minor issues like that.

It's really sad when some people feel the need to criticize others, whose level of expertise and hearing are clearly more advanced. I cannot BEAR to listen to something in PAL because the speed-up drives me insane. For others, it doesn't bother them. To each his own, but the bottom line is that the speed-up shouldn't be there. In that case, the speed-up is a byproduct of the format. In this case, it's clear negligence.

Stop criticizing others just because you don't see a problem when it's clearly there.

I don't have below average hearing but I don't review this set like I'm a sound engineer

PAL/NTCS>>>big differences .That's not what is in this set

and this is just a DISCUSSION. Seems like you are starting to take things way too personally

I don't have below average hearing but I don't review this set like I'm a sound engineer

PAL/NTCS>>>big differences .That's not what is in this set

and this is just a DISCUSSION. Seems like you are starting to take things personally

So anyone who criticizes this set is a sound engineer? give me a break.

And you don't know that the 4% difference between PAL and NTSC is different than this situation. It may very well be the same. I can find out if you'd like.

Personally? No. There are far too many morons on the internet for me to take things personally.

so your calling me a moron?

I just think some of you are amplifying minor sound quality issues with the set way out of proportion and ruining it for everyone else and scaring people from buying it

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that in TOD Nightclub Brawl is missing the band rendition of Anything Goes? Also is Out of Fuel the full film version as it doesn't sound like it is after one session of listening to it.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that in TOD Nightclub Brawl is missing the band rendition of Anything Goes? Also is Out of Fuel the full film version as it doesn't sound like it is after one session of listening to it.

Yeah, it's been discussed before. The band rendition was an overdub.

Make sure to check out the fantastic website indianajonesmusic.com. It'll answer all your questions.

so your calling me a moron?

That's your interpretation. I'm just saying there are lots of different types of people on the internet to get worked up about one person.

They were not re-recorded for the film. They simply edited out chunks of the full End Credits piece to fit the final running time of the film.

That's not what I meant Jason. :o

I know chunks of the End Credits Suite were edited out, but the opening to the final rendition of the Raiders theme (at the very end of the Credits) is completely different to the OST/Concord version etc. It's much louder and more powerful, but unfortunately it starts very abruptly and cuts the end of Willie's theme off. :wub:

Listen to the album track again. The loud/powerful statement of Indy's theme is there, just later on in the track.

Hmmmm most of it is (it starts at 5:25), but the very first bit is different - more like Raiders End Credits. Unless my DVD is an oddbod?! :o

It' s probably because your listening to it sped up in PAL

No, there's something completely different about it. I'll do an upload of both versions tomorrow, then maybe someone will believe me! :o

As I said before, I'm not hearing the pitch issues in "Return to the Village." Sounds right to me.

Raiders does have pitch issues, "The Map Room: Dawn" being the chief offender. I'm not entirely convinced that the whole score is affected, though. I'm pretty sure "Uncovering the Ark" is correct.

"Father's Study" is magnificent!

"Secret Passage" could have been left off for some other cue, but I think that's my only problem with the music selection.

"Marcus is Captured/To Berlin" sounds great so far.

To Fatty: Yes.

In the case of "The Map Room: Dawn" for instance, I was so familiar with the cue that I recognized that this wasn't in the right key, so just being familiar with how a track sounds is one way. Other times, you might check it against the film or previous correct release(s). Another thing that would signal it is that if something is off pitch, usually it will make the quality of the instrument's sound seem a bit odd. There are a number of different things that could signal a pitch error.

When you say pitch problems, then what do you mean? Do you mean that the pitch of the track is incorrect? If so, how could anyone notice that?

Yes, the pitch is incorrect.

Most likely it was played back at the wrong speed.

Well, you either notice it or you don't. I used to study voice and was told I have perfect pitch...so I naturally notice it.

Anyone else not hearing the pitch deviation/warble in "Return to the Village"?

So far (I'm at Willie's Theme) it sounds fine to me.

EDIT: My 100th post in this thread!

I've officially finished my run through of the entire box set. Wow. It was fantastic, and I cannot wait to really get to know the new music. My fedora is tipped off to Concord for this!

Overall, I'd give the set 4.5/5 stars, the music gets 5/5 stars.