Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Now, I am listening to "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", and I am going to say something very odd. I, uh... seriously there is no way to easily put this. I vomited while listening to "Approaching the Stones". The music was just so intensely powerful... I could not help myself! Should I report this to a doctor?

:lol:

Or a Psychiatrist.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I am listening to "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", and I am going to say something very odd. I, uh... seriously there is no way to easily put this. I defecated while listening to "Secret Doors and Scorpions". The music was just so intensely unexciting... I could not help myself! Should I report this to a doctor?

Now, I am listening to "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", and I am going to say something very odd. I, uh... seriously there is no way to easily put this. I defecated while listening to "Secret Doors and Scorpions". The music was just so intensely unexciting... I could not help myself! Should I report this to a doctor?

Perhaps you should wear some Depends while listening to it.

Of course with all the CDs that you list as buying I'm sure you give plenty to charity.

It doesn't have to be money. I am proud to donate all of my possesions to charity when I'm through with them. And I have donated some money to charity, food and labor also.

Yeah, wait till you are on your own with a family, bills, mortage, car payments and it comes down to spending a little on yourself or helping the guy on the street corner who is fully capable of getting a job and working.

Um...ever thought about mental illnesses? Homeless people aren't homeless because they're too lazy to find a job!

There's a time to help, like hurricane Katrina, as opposed to giving money to every person who comes asking.

And when did I say "give money to every person who comes asking?" Obviously that would be stupid. I'm just saying that some selflessness really ought to considered every once in a while.

Now, I am listening to "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", and I am going to say something very odd. I, uh... seriously there is no way to easily put this. I vomited while listening to "Approaching the Stones". The music was just so intensely powerful... I could not help myself! Should I report this to a doctor?

You might want to see a doctor, that can't be a good sign.

That's their country's problem, not ours.

:lol: God...tell me you're joking. Please, please, please, tell me you're joking.

I don't think you're joking, and that really concerns me.

But I do not think that it is natural for music, no matter how awesome, to induce vomiting. I am scared now....

Maybe you're just sick, and you were going to vomit anyways.

:lol: God...tell me you're joking. Please, please, please, tell me you're joking.

I see nothing wrong with Mark's perspective there. I agree with him. In fact, if I was PM, I'd put an end to foreign aid and interventions, which seems to be a drain on our national bank account almost constantly.

In response to Mark Olivarez....

I would, too. Seriously, I am getting nervous. Yeah, I knew "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Doom" is an awesome score, but I did not know that it would have that effect on me! For some reason, the score hit "closer to home" this particular listen. I got chills from every track except for "Slalom On Mount Humol". I suppose there is nothing wrong with that, but I think it was just a bit too overwhelming. I will take a break from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", and calm myself by listening to "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

I see nothing wrong with Mark's perspective there. I agree with him. In fact, if I was PM, I'd put an end to foreign aid and interventions, which seems to be a drain on our national bank account almost constantly.

Well, still paying foreign aid to China is certainly questionable ...

But certain countries do need humanitary help, no way around it because alas, the current crisis is not their fault but ours.

At the very least, we should avoid actions that harm them further, like reaping grain - that is much needed as food - for fuel.

But I guess it's better to stop this before someone notices it is going somewhere and puts an end to it.

In all seriousness, listening to Temple of Doom all the way through is an excedingly exhilarating experience. As sequenced on the new Concord album, it's a non-stop score where every single track features heavy orchestration and is constantly switching gears between melodies, instruments and tempo. To be honest, I actually had a headache by the end... I can happily say ToD is a score where almost every track is a masterful piece of art by Williams, but listening to it in this sequencing is just asking for trouble. It's very, very heavy. Adding the bonus disc cues definitely helps to add some breathing room to an otherwise rollercoaster score.

I guess the downside to having the best cues released is that basically every cue not included would make this a more enjoyable listening experience overall (A Child Returns, Mola Ram's Speech, Willie in the Fryer) that doesn't leave you breathless after 86 minutes.

Regarding the debate: we are not debating politics (at least I'm not), but rather the fundamental foundations of morality. Some of the issues in politics and morality overlap, but so do politics with many other discussion topics we have on this Board. If this is political discussion, then so is discussion about an African-American Bond (especially in light of the most recent event), a review of Oliver Stone's W., or other topics we frequently discuss. Some posts here have leaned dangerously close to political discussion, but mine are purely about the moral decision of helping others.

Having said that, this will be my last post about the topic as this is an Indiana Jones thread. I apologize to all for having guided it so far off track, but I would like to say one last thing before I stop (and I promise, I will).

First off, I am not stating that we should all blindly chuck money out our windows to help those down below. But dedicating a bit of something -- be it time, labor, money, food, posessions -- every once in a while to those in need is simply the moral things to do. Of course, if you're out on the street begging every day for food, then you are temporarily exempt from these moral obligations. But the average citizen in the USA and some other countries is in a superior position compared to most people in the world. If everybody who could would just give a little...the world would be a FAR better place. Comments like "it's that country's problem" are just plain ignorant.

The comments I have read are the most shocking, ridiculous, and selfish posts I have ever read on this Board. I am much more shocked by these than some of the questionable posts in the African-American Bond thread.

It is not that difficult to think of other people in the world every once in a while. It really isn't.

Okay, I am done now. Again, sorry to all those about the thread hijacking.

Regarding the debate: we are not debating politics (at least I'm not), but rather the fundamental foundations of morality. (...)

I thought we debate IJ: The Soundtrack Collection :lol:

Besides, aren't fundamental foundations of morality a religious thing?

I will admit to getting a very small rush of adrenaline when listening to "Short Round Helps".

Makes me want to grab a whip and take on some Thugees.

its really frustrating about the lego games.

Why in the hell do they put a AMB cues (with the background sound) if the have implemented the ambience sound in every cue?

Couldnt they had put the sound separated from the music :D At least we got Map alternate clean.

But we could have had the bridge percussion ;)

I suppose it was made on purpose, since The Prequel game even encripted the ogg files after installation, (rather pointless since you could open them from the CD) and it didnt had a sole note of unreeased material

It's all a conspiracy.

Lego and Concord did it on purpose so IJ fans couldn't get a clean rip of music that Concord excluded on purpose. Concord also chose the original takes of some cues because they knew Lego would include the versions fans wanted with noise, thus pissing JWFAN off even more.