Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tap dancing is musical. No reason it shouldn't be included.

I never said it shouldn't be included I was just revisiting the question from that issue of FSM I have about the tapping possibly not having been included in the American version... it may be a rather useless question but I was just curious none the less!

J moss

no

anyone else wish to share an equally insightful account? :)

Don't think i'm hearing things. And i've checked my CD for it too, incase it was an issue with the rip I made.

I've just listened to mine, and I can't hear a 'whine'. Sorry! :(

So I listened to the interview, and I love how Spielberg says all of a sudden, apropos nothing, "John Williams is a genius" at 12:45!

Has anyone noticed that? :)

Yeah it's great. :(

Wow, you actually listened to the whole interview? I gave up after five minutes.

Well... I did. I think it's nice to have John Williams talking about his music on the CD (I have this on my MP3 player too). I would have preferred more music, of course, but it's better than silence...

:)

I like how George Lucas uses the word "brilliant."

I love how Laurent says, "Hello!" at the beginning. :)

I guess I'm the only one who didn't get his set :)

WHere did you order it from?

Yeah, like 5 times in a row! :)

Hey, it probably wasn't so long after adjusting for PAL speedup. Human voices the way they were meant to be heard!

Hey, the music at the beginning of "To the Blimp" and "The Blimp Turns Around" are unused, right?

SAE

Have you looked in stores yet? Maybe some have them early! I got mine at HMV.

I'm sat here now listening to TOD, and I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone else hear the almost painful high pitched whine during "To Pankot Palace"? It starts on track 8 almost dead on 1:21. It's most noticable around 2:13, but it's there right until the end of the track. It's causing me to skip it every time. :)

YES! I hear that too! some of you guys who are older or young and damaged their ears can't hear it, it is at a very high frequency.. it is annoying a shell for me.

I'm listening to Raiders right now. My untrained ears cannot detect the pitch problems, so everything sounds fine to me.

However, I'm probably one of the few around here that loves the DCC film mix presentation. It's much more dynamic. Don't get me wrong, this sounds fine too (some details are crisper than ever), but I continue to prefer the DCC mix.

The tap dancing is musical. No reason it shouldn't be included.

I never said it shouldn't be included I was just revisiting the question from that issue of FSM I have about the tapping possibly not having been included in the American version... it may be a rather useless question but I was just curious none the less!

J moss

Well on the original LP it was there. I have the Japanese import of TOD so I can't answer whether it was on the American CD.

I'm sat here now listening to TOD, and I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone else hear the almost painful high pitched whine during "To Pankot Palace"? It starts on track 8 almost dead on 1:21. It's most noticable around 2:13, but it's there right until the end of the track. It's causing me to skip it every time. :)

YES! I hear that too! some of you guys who are older or young and damaged their ears can't hear it, it is at a very high frequency.. it is annoying a shell for me.

I don't hear anything.

I'm listening to Raiders right now. My untrained ears cannot detect the pitch problems, so everything sounds fine to me.

However, I'm probably one of the few around here that loves the DCC film mix presentation. It's much more dynamic. Don't get me wrong, this sounds fine too (some details are crisper than ever), but I continue to prefer the DCC mix.

I prefer the DCC mix too.

YES! I hear that too! some of you guys who are older or young and damaged their ears can't hear it, it is at a very high frequency.. it is annoying as hell for me.

Yeah... it is. :|

Yeah, like 5 times in a row! :lol:

Hey, it probably wasn't so long after adjusting for PAL speedup. Human voices the way they were meant to be heard!

Can't even be bothered to think of a quick-witted sarcastic reply to that one..... :angry::|:)

Hey, the music at the beginning "The Blimp Turns Around" is unused, right?

I think so, I can't remember. :)

It's a shame if it is, because it's a lovely statement of the Grail (???) theme. :)

Hey King Mark, I haven't got my set from SAE either and it was shipped on the 11th. I've sent them an email asking whether I should be concerned, waiting for a reply.

I just saw The Portugese Coast scene, and "Boat Scene" is edited to bits in that scene.

Also, on the scene selection, one of the scenes is called Barnette college. Isn't it marshall?

Hey, the music at the beginning "The Blimp Turns Around" is unused, right?

I think so, I can't remember. :)

It's a shame if it is, because it's a lovely statement of the Grail (???) theme. :)

Yes, the music was meant to start underscoring the dialogue when Henry reads the three trials to Indy from his diary.

Marshall college is when he lived in connecticut he got a teaching job at barnett college which he moved to new york just before the events of last crusade. how many of you were more excited for new music from temple of doom instead of last crusade. I was because I have listen to all the music except alarm on the bootleg so I knew what to expect was going to be on the soundtrack. Temple was a breath of fresh air to hear . Now we have uncompressed bootleg tracks for last crusade. I think I'm finished my complete scores for each film with very little sound sfx less than what their was before. Just waiting for crumbs bonus kingdom of the crystal skull.

Marshall college is when he lived in connecticut he got a teaching job at barnett college which he moved to new york just before the events of last crusade.

Then why is Brody still there? And why would Indy work at Marshall College in Raiders, move to Barnett in LC, and move back to Marshall in KotCS?

Unless you're joking.

I just saw The Portugese Coast scene, and "Boat Scene" is edited to bits in that scene.

Also, on the scene selection, one of the scenes is called Barnette college. Isn't it marshall?

Hey, does anyone else think "The Boat Scene" sucks? I mean the title, not the music. :|

I mean, there are 3 boat scenes in TLC: The Portuguese Coast, The Venice Boat Chase, and a brief scene in Austria, when Indy fools the Nazis outside the castle.

Hey, does anyone else think "The Boat Scene" sucks? I mean the title, not the music. :|

I mean, there are 3 boat scenes in TLC: The Portuguese Coast, The Venice Boat Chase, and a brief scene in Austria, when Indy fools the Nazis outside the castle.

I think they should've just kept the title as Cross of Coronado

Nope, that title could also refer to Indy's Very First Adventure. They should have called it"The Portuguese Coast, 1938." :lol:

Nope, that title could also refer to Indy's Very First Adventure. They should have called it"The Portuguese Coast, 1938." :lol:

Fair enough, :)

The track titles are the last thing I would complain about. It is not like most of us do not know these films and scores inside out and have no trouble of discerning what scene the music is from. These days you can rename everything on your computer and in your iPod or mp3 player so you can invent as fitting names for all the tracks as you like.

Indeed. To make up for the almost complete lack of any editing I did to match this board's plutonic standards, I did tons of renaming, e.g. The Boat Scene became Reclaiming the Cross, On the Tank is From Horse to Tank, Wrong Choice, Right Choice is Donovan's Fate, Professor Jones is Healed... etc. My KotCS playlist is nearly unrecognisable due to the resequencing, added cues and renaming.

I'm sat here now listening to TOD, and I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone else hear the almost painful high pitched whine during "To Pankot Palace"? It starts on track 8 almost dead on 1:21. It's most noticable around 2:13, but it's there right until the end of the track. It's causing me to skip it every time. :lol:

YES! I hear that too! some of you guys who are older or young and damaged their ears can't hear it, it is at a very high frequency.. it is annoying as hell for me.

:blink:

Yeah... it is. :|

well..... this is a good and a bad thing! At least i'm not going crazy. But man, I find it so difficult to listen to. But it also assures me that after years of stupidly loud gigging, I've still got some hearing range up there!

I used to have a TV that gave off almost the same frequency, but I could only hear it if I wasn't in the same room as it. All very odd.