Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Mine are just named 'Indiana Jones and the' followed by Raiders of.., Temple of..., and Last Crusade.

It just helps organisation. Neil, your life must be otherwise perfect if this is the sort of thing that bothers you this much.

My life would be perfect if everyone had a sense of humor. I'll add more exclamation points next time to drive the point home, just for you Rich.

Neil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that that's been settled, let's get this back on topic.

Having re-read the press release, I think it's pretty clear that we're just going to be getting the OST's with a few bonus tracks on disc 5.

Neil

I think they will add about 35 minutes or so to TOD and about 16 minutes to Last Crusade. Disc 5 might have some room, depending on the how long the interview is.

"Let us do the time warp again!"

In a more serious tone, I have a question to ask: does Marcus Brody ( by the way, could that be a reference to Martin Brody?) have a motiv? Here are the tracks in which I hear a motiv that could be for Marcus.

Keeping Up With the Joneses 0:59 ( wait, how could that be a motiv for Marcus?)

On the Tank 3:24

The batteries inside my CD Player died, so I have to get more in order to list more track times.

In a more serious tone, I have a question to ask: does Marcus Brody ( by the way, could that be a reference to Martin Brody?) have a motiv? Here are the tracks in which I hear a motiv that could be for Marcus.

Wow. Nice job.

On the Tank 3:24

I always thought that was the playful "action" version of the father/son theme heard at 2:32 in Keeping up with the Joneses or 1,19 of Marcus is Captured/To Berlin

My theory is that "Marcus Captured" was written at the last minute. Williams didn't have time to write anything so he just rearranged "Keeping Up With the Jones" with the Nazi march. It's a very thematically inappropriate use of Henry Sr.'s theme.

What confuses me is that the motiv is played in "Marcus Is Captured/ To Berlin" ( the former half, at about 0:18).

You're confused that a theme you claim to be for Marcus is played in a track that is named after him (and is entirely about him?)

It is?

In the final film, "Market Source" plays over the entire scene, until only the nazi march portion of "Marcus Is Captured" plays at the very end

Have you seen the movie?

You're confused that a theme you claim to be for Marcus is played in a track that is named after him (and is entirely about him?)

The confusing thing is that it plays in "Keeping Up With the Joneses", which has no correlation with Marcus Brody, to my knowledge.

In the final film, "Market Source" plays over the entire scene, until only the nazi march portion of "Marcus Is Captured" plays at the very end

Have you seen the movie?

Not in the last few months. However, I did rewatch that scene a few minutes ago, and I synchronized the music with the film using surprisingly complex mathematics ( in my eyes, anyways. The track would have started at 55:39 in the film, when the Nazi turns around and asks "Papers, please?"

My theory is that "Marcus Captured" was written at the last minute. Williams didn't have time to write anything so he just rearranged "Keeping Up With the Jones" with the Nazi march. It's a very thematically inappropriate use of Henry Sr.'s theme.

He might also just have used the theme there anyway. It's not like Williams's use of his themes is always very strict. Probably he just thought the music fit the scene.

I have it on good authority that she had her scoregasms when she received the mp3s :)

Oooohh Jason!I thought that would be our secret hihi :)

I am very happy now, but I can't help this set looks soooo cheap! Sorry I like the wole project of course (how couldn't I)

ut the overalldesign is just wrong, the backcovers look like crap.. that strange absence of the Indiana Jones logo on the box - on the discs itselves. I am really looking forward to the holidays, where I can create my own 2 CD Jewelcase Covers..

I think they really had to stay cheap because of the expensive musical rights.

But there is a good thing:

The Digipacks fit perfectly in the box I created some years ago!! :)

problem solved!

I put disk 5 in one of these ultra slim jewel cases and it still fits in the box if you remove the picture booklet ,I think it is safer in there than in the cardboard sleeve