Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always said Lucasfilm should take a page out of the Lord Of The Rings book and release the complete intended Prequel scores, proper remastered versions of the Original Trilogy and the complete intended Indiana Jones scores.

Edit: If Lucasfilm released the Star Wars scores and Indiana Jones scores the same way the Lord Of The Rings scores were made and sold they would make bank off the sets. It wouldn't have to be one huge giant box set either, they could release it one score at a time every 2 years like Steef pointed out.

I noticed this today.

Can you hear the similar orchestration or structure between 'Map room: Dawn' and 'The Emperor's death' climaxes? I mean the ascending horn blasts with a finale boom. In the ROTJ cue its in the background, its not the main melody.

Very cool :lol:

Can anyone left aside sankrit lessons for a little time and comment on this? :)

Actually, it'd be much better to have a Intrada's Alien or FSM's The Blue Box approach to the Star Wars and Indy scores than the LOTR Complete Recordings approach

The hissing sound quality is so bad on the new "Raiders" editiion that I've finally given up listening to and buying John Williams music.....except when new concerti get released.

I dismantled my box .I put the digipacks with the rest of my JW c.d.'s at their proper chronological spot , and put disk 5 in another jewel case using Lukes' custom cover.

Somehow they screwed everything up with the Disk 5 in the cardboard sleeve thing .The only good solution is to put it in a jewel case with custom covers and then it doesn't fit in the box anymore

I dismantled my box .I put the digipacks with the rest of my JW c.d.'s at their proper chronological spot , and put disk 5 in another jewel case using Lukes' custom cover.

You WHAT-ED your box?!?!?

But, but, but it is so nice looking...

I just left my box set as is and placed it with the other box sets I have.

All you gotta do is be a little careful when taking the 5th disc out. If you scratch to the point of not playing by taking it out of the cardboard sleeve then remind to never let any of you touch one of my CDs.... :baaa:

One thing I might suggest is to find a thin piece of cloth or soft tissue paper and insert it into the cardboard sleeve for the 5th disc. When you put the disc in, have the playing side face the tissue/cloth so it won't scratch.

That's one thing I like about some the Akira Ifukube discs. The labels would put some sort of sturdy tissue paper in the CD case to protect the discs. One box set I have actually has the discs in a sturdy tissue sleeve instead of using cardboard like Concord did.

I put all my final copies of the scores into the 2 disc holders I used for previous boots. The box looks very nice on my shelf, and will stay that way all the more for being untouched.

John- who knows we can bs for one more page :baaa:

I wonder if the box was designed for just the OSTs and the booklet to fit snugly. With disc 5 it's a tight squeeze.

Yep, I bet you're right. That's why they went with just the sleeve for the 5th disc.

Did someone read our complaining on the MB about Return to the Village possibly not being on the set? (did they adjust the set after feeling out the reactions on the various message boards?)

Is the secretary we kept emailing the reason for disk 5?

Laurent must've made a final, passionate, ID4 rivalling speech to everyone at Concord ;)

I now laugh when I read the liner notes, specifically "These tracks were carefully chosen and sequenced to present a continuation...". That's now translated as "Those extra tracks were chosen extremely reluctantly by John whose modesty has been angering my inner fan for the last month"

;)

How many posts can you fit in a thread?

I think unlimited, but the more pages, the slower a thread will load.

If the e-mails actually did result in the 5th disc, that'd be a serious first for a company taking advice IMO.

It would give new life to online petitions.

This interview seems to have arisen more questions.

We did get some pretty crucial tracks in Disk 5 ,especially for Last Crusade. Imagine if that last minute decision had gone the other way.

That is why I'm not making such a fuss that we didn't get complete scores.

because Laurent says so in the interview and it was probably made AFTER the boxes were constructed...that's why it's in a sleeve to fit in the box

Oh ho. Well then that would have to be VERY last minute. I doubt that's why it's in a sleeve.