Upcoming Films

Quintus

OK, I watched the Jungle Book teaser. How odd! Not what I was expecting. So its a live action movie starring some little kid, interacting with talking CGI animals? But done in a serious, dramatic way, not a musical light-hearted way?

Who is this movie aimed at?

Scarlett Johansson has the best voice, I could listen to her do anything. I like her snake voice here

I saw that in front of a YouTube video yesterday. Looks absolutely shit.

Look at the spaceship hovering above the city in the The Fifth Wave trailer. Remember the one from District 9?

7735-district-9-f_zps6jlewi5b.jpg

Michael Mann might go back to shooting on film for his Enzo Ferrari movie

Re-watching Heat to get ready for the TIFF [20th Anniversary] event, Mann sounded more than pleased by how it holds up, two decades later. “It’s been awhile since I saw it on film, and you know, it doubles the world, makes it so much more real,” he said. “It’s convincing me that maybe I need to shoot Ferrari on film.”

Bryan Singer is the latest person saying he's gonna do 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Let's hope it doesn't suck!

http://deadline.com/2015/09/bryan-singer-20000-leagues-under-the-sea-1201532171/

I don't know how well Ottman would fit this....

New trailer for In The Heart Of The Sea

Meh. Looks a bit monotonous / repetitious. And like we've seen all this before.

The antics of the whale seem grossly exagerated, and judging by the trailer, there's some sort of final showdown between the sailors and the whale. The whale attack was a very small part of the book. The real tale is the tale of extreme survival that followed. This looks it's mostly action

Bryan Singer is the latest person saying he's gonna do 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Let's hope it doesn't suck!

http://deadline.com/2015/09/bryan-singer-20000-leagues-under-the-sea-1201532171/

I don't know how well Ottman would fit this....

I'd much rather have Fincher tackle this, but who knows? I just hope they don't add romantic subplots and such to the script

The thing is, in the trailer you clearly see a bearded Hemnsworth attacking the whale with an harpoon (which would mean is far into the survival part of the story), which would also mean they would have a final standoff, getting even sort of thing. It's stupid. This event only inspired Moby Dick, it was not the same story