Upcoming Films

Quintus

Between 1978 and 2000 he released 13 films, average of 1.7 years between films.

Between 2001 and 2011 he only released 3 films, and they were all CGI, that's 3.66 years between films.

Since then he's already had Flight in 2012, The Walk in 2015, and now this coming 2016 - that's back to his old regiment!

Sony's going to skip over the other Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books, and adapt the new one that was written by some other guy, with Alicia Vikander as Lisbeth and a new writer and director

http://nerdist.com/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-sequel-gets-new-cast-and-director/

Sony's going to skip over the other Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books, and adapt the new one that was written by some other guy, with Alicia Vikander as Lisbeth and a new writer and director

http://nerdist.com/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-sequel-gets-new-cast-and-director/

Ouch! The original swedish trilogy with Noomi Rapace is brilliant, but Fincher really adapted into a fine standalone thriller.

Too bad Rooney Mara doesn't get to develop her character further, she was definitely game for it.

Through The Looking Glass teaser is here

I really don't understand why they made a sequel.

Was the first that much of a success?

It was honestly one of the worst films I have ever seen.

(and I didn't even manage to see it complete. I slept in the last half hour or so)

Yes it was, it made over $1 billion USD worldwide

In fact, if you look at the top worldwide grosses of all time, only 7 films out of the top 80 are not sequels (or the first entry that later got a sequel).

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

If something makes money, more will be made of the thing that made money!

It really can't, can it?

The score could be, though!

I think it looks better than the first, which I thought was okay. The ugly filter on the first was distracting, and a lot of the CGI was horribly rendered.

The sequel's colors are vibrant and the CGI looks convincing for once. Sony Pictures Imageworks is usually awful at doing this, but props to them for this one.

I have no idea why Disney dragged their feet on this film. They should've had this out two years ago at the latest, and the date they picked is ill-advised.

I was expecting another winter release for the sequel

When Fox moved Burton's Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children from March 4, 2016 to Christmas 2016, I expected Disney to move Alice 2 to March in return.

It's going to get its ass handed to it by X-Men Apocalypse.

It could be more brutal than the average Fantasy flick. You know, like Zemeckis' Beowulf (2007). I mean, Warcraft has an army of Hulks! Think of the possibilities!