Upcoming Films

Quintus

It should be. We live in a world where a man can kill someone with a car, then become a woman and an inspiration to millions. As I recall, Mel killed no one. 

tumblr_n3f24lLzTn1r4gei2o4_400.gif

2 hours ago, WojinPA said:

It should be. We live in a world where a man can kill someone with a car, then become a woman and an inspiration to millions. As I recall, Mel killed no one. 

tumblr_n3f24lLzTn1r4gei2o4_400.gif

True. Why are people so afraid to give up their guns? Next time, if somebody bothers you, use your car!

On 6/30/2016 at 7:51 PM, filmmusic said:

:w00t:  I really hope it isn't CGI heavy and makes use more of practical effects.

Hmm. Could be interesting, but the trailer disappoints.

Why does Pitt sound like a robot?

On 7/2/2016 at 8:17 AM, WojinPA said:

As I recall, Mel killed no one. 

I would much rather give Mel another chance then, say, that piece of shit Roman Polanski.

Roman didn't kill anyone either. You're thinking of the Blade Runner.

Oscar-Pistorius-documentary-Beauty-The-B

"Now where did I put my gun again? Or should I use my car?"

On 6/16/2016 at 3:33 PM, Lonnegan said:

Dame Helen Mirren to appear in Fast and Furious 8 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36546902

Hopefully she'll be joined by Dame Judi Dench, riding shotgun. 

The producers of Fast and Furious 8 won't let her drive a car in the film

Switching from TV to film is still a reboot.

See other movies that began life at TV properties such as Mission: Impossible, The Flintstones, Beverly Hillbillies, 21 Jump Street, etc.

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

Switching from TV to film is still a reboot.

See other movies that began life at TV properties such as Mission: Impossible, The Flintstones, Beverly Hillbillies, 21 Jump Street, etc.

Were these all based on famous books, like IT?

This is a new adaptation of a book, Jason. Its not a reboot.

Yes this is a new adaptation. It! is not a reboot but a multimillion dollar big budget remake that would rather focus on a rather meaningless masterbation sequence involving a main villain and a character with little arc than the horrors of bullying, an ancient evil, and the institutionalized apathy of a small old New England town.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

Yes this is a new adaptation. It! is not a reboot but a multimillion dollar big budget remake that would rather focus on a rather meaningless masterbation sequence involving a main villain and a character with little arc than the horrors of bullying, an ancient evil, and the institutionalized apathy of a small old New England town.

Oh, you've read the script?

17 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Teaser for La La Land, a Ryan Gosling/Emma Stone musical from the Whiplash director

This looks like it could be really cool and fun. I didn't see Whiplash so I have no exposure to the songwriter/composer, Justin Hurwitz.  I can't find any information about a lyricist so I'm assuming it's the writer/director of the movie, Damien Chazelle?

Looks like these guys are the lyricists.

Not familiar with them, and not really with Hurwitz either, but I did enjoy his original material in Whiplash.

I really like the look of La La Land (Damien Chazelle must really love Punch-Drunk Love....). It looks like it could be a charming throwback. But of course 50% of its success will depend on the music....not super impressed with that "City of Stars" song and Gosling isn't much of a singer judging by that. We'll see, it would be nice to get a great original movie musical. Visually Chazelle showed he has a serious flair for big musical sequences in Whiplash.

1 minute ago, mrbellamy said:

not super impressed with that "City of Stars" song and Gosling isn't much of a singer judging by that

Really? I thought it sounded quite lovely.  I don't know about judging his singing abilities, but his performance certainly sold me. He actually put out an album years ago that I remember was pretty good at the time (maybe 2008? too lazy to look it up).

On 7/13/2016 at 6:45 PM, Jay said:

Oh, you've read the script?

don't try to be clever.

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Warren Beatty's new film:

Pretty stellar cast, will probably check this one out in theaters.

While I was watching, I constantly expected to see Leo.

Isn't the tone too light for you, Koray? Feels like a comedy.

10 hours ago, WojinPA said:

I didn't know he was still Alive.

I made a slight change to your post.

On 7/13/2016 at 1:43 PM, Jay said:

Pennywise from the It reboot film:

pennywiseitstephenking

Cool!  I thought this was much farther away because of they were starting from scratch.  This makes it more tangible.  Can't wait for an adult version of this material.  Still wish it was a 10 episode mini-series on Netflix or something like that.

Bong Joon-ho is working on his follow up to Snowpiercer, titled Okja.  Honestly, based on the set pictures below I don't need to know anything more about it.  I'm there! :P Wacky!

Spoiler

okja-filminf-swintonandgyllenhaal.jpg?to

okja-filming-gyleenhaallyingdown.jpg?tok

Divergent 3 bombed so badly, Divergent 4 will be handled by Liongate's TV-Movie department

http://collider.com/divergent-series-ascendant-tv-movie-series/

And probably won't feature Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller