Upcoming Films

Quintus

2 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Hmm, I see. Okay, maybe you guys are more into ....

The latest trailer for Alita: Battle Angel

Geez. It's Ready Player Zero.

Next!

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Uncanny valley!

Valley girl, she's a valley girl.

Ooph. Looks awful.

And whoever did that trailer music clearly just bastardized Marianelli's V for Vendetta, which I figure they just lifted from the Interstellar trailer.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:19 PM, Koray Savas said:

Adam McKay attempts to replicate the Oscar success of The Big Short. Bale is unrecognizable.

Bale looks like the Chevy Chase.

Image result for vice christian baleImage result for chevy chase

On 11/18/2018 at 11:21 AM, Alexcremers said:

Woody Allen's latest movie A Rainy Day In New York is getting shelved in the wake of the #MeToo movement.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/jude-law-would-love-to-see-his-woody-allen-movie-released.html

On 8/30/2018 at 4:53 PM, Jay said:

On 8/30/2018 at 5:01 PM, John said:

Not surprising, after what happened with Wonder Wheel.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:47 PM, Koray Savas said:

Seems probable. It's already September and no release yet. It'll be a historical moment, since the man has had a film released every year for decades.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:28 PM, Disco Stu said:

It should be released.  If he can’t financing for the next one that’s one thing, but Woody deserves to have the movie released somehow 

On 8/30/2018 at 8:44 PM, Stefancos said:

"Deserves"?

Lol.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:58 PM, Disco Stu said:

Yes.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:59 PM, Stefancos said:

Funny to see how people still ralley behind this creepy fucker.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:00 PM, Disco Stu said:

Pot kettle black!

On 8/30/2018 at 9:03 PM, Stefancos said:

Absolutely not! I didn't groom my adoptive daughter to become my wife.

Anyone who ignores that for the sake of "art" needs to have his head examined.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, Koray Savas said:

Allen is a pedophile. No way around that. I understand why no one would want to finance his artistic endeavors, but I also find it odd that it took so long for it to happen. The thing about Hollywood, no one cared until it started to affect their own image. All the actors protesting against him and donating their salaries knew who they were working for from the start. 

With all that being said, I still love his movies. 

On 8/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, Disco Stu said:

It might even be for the best if he can’t finance new movies now, but I don’t think Amazon should hold a movie already made back against Allen’s wishes.  They signed the contract with him, and yeah they knew who he was when they did that. 

On 8/30/2018 at 10:16 PM, Stefancos said:

See, thats what I don't understand. Genuinely.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:24 PM, Nick Parker said:

Even people who commit terrible atrocities have the aspects of an enlightened person in them (and vice versa, but that's not the conversation at hand). In their artistic work, those people can express those higher states of their being in a way that resonates with and speaks to other people and transcends that overall lower life condition.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:25 PM, Koray Savas said:

It’s something I’ve been struggling to understand myself, recently. I maintain that an artist can be separated from the art, but the people I’ve discussed this with say it can’t. Does that make me a bad person for owning his movies? I don’t think so. 

Polanski is a rapist, but The Pianist is a brilliant war film. I just can’t get behind the notion that a filmmaker commiting a crime nullifies their entire body of work from enjoyment forever. 

On 8/30/2018 at 10:27 PM, Stefancos said:

Oh not at all. I get that.

I was never a fan of Allen even before realising what a creep he was. That helps. ;)

On 8/30/2018 at 10:29 PM, Nick Parker said:

Their work must be erased from existence, their presence culled and purged from the annals of history! Anyone who enjoys Chinatown must renounce it or cast themselves in exile!

On 8/30/2018 at 10:31 PM, Stefancos said:

Exactly. Its a slippery slope and based on a persons personal feelings regarding an artist and their art. 

Polanski is a rapist and should have been in jail. He is easily the worst of  the lot.  Woody isn't a pedophile. That is most definitely an incorrect term used here. He is creepy as hell and his morality is questionable.  Weinstein is just a jerk but I think he is an extreme product of the hollywood system. Bill Cosby was railroaded nothing in his trial convinced me otherwise. 

The victims who remained quiet are partially responsible for those victims who came after. Silence has a cost. That fear created further opportunities. 

One person who is most definitely not a victim nor a hero is Star Trek Discovery actor Anthony Rapp. He is nothing more than an opportunistic cockroach who inserted himself voluntarily into a situation where he wanted to be. Never mind that no sex took place and there was no harm no foul. Yes he was 17 and he was playing an adult on stage. He is one of THOSE homo types who use their sexuality to get what they want. Every gay man has either been that or seen that.

Yet despite my criticism of these men I can watch their films/shows for what they are not what these men did. After all the end product is a collaboration and not a single effort.

Btw Mortal Engines looks like something to avoid.

22 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Woody isn't a pedophile. That is most definitely an incorrect term used here. He is creepy as hell and his morality is questionable.  Weinstein is just a jerk but I think he is an extreme product of the hollywood system. Bill Cosby was railroaded nothing in his trial convinced me otherwise. 

The victims who remained quiet are partially responsible for those victims who came after. Silence has a cost. That fear created further opportunities. 

One person who is most definitely not a victim nor a hero is Star Trek Discovery actor Anthony Rapp. He is nothing more than an opportunistic cockroach who inserted himself voluntarily into a situation where he wanted to be. Never mind that no sex took place and there was no harm no foul. Yes he was 17 and he was playing an adult on stage. He is one of THOSE homo types who use their sexuality to get what they want. Every gay man has either been that or seen that.

Yet despite my criticism of these men I can watch their films/shows for what they are not what these men did. After all the end product is a collaboration and not a single effort.

Btw Mortal Engines looks like something to avoid.

Two of the three Woody's children whom he helped raise claim he is a pedo, and the other he is currently married to.  If you can't infer from that statement, which is nothing but factual that Woody Allen might be a pedo than I don't understand your line of thinking.

Victim blaming is terrible, and to say that Cosby's or Weinstein's  victims are at fault for not speaking up and stopping their deeds is atrocious. 

You seem to have a great deal of personal bias in how you view the situations, as your response to Rapp shows that maybe its not best to speak publicly about these issues unless you are willing to have a fair conversation with others whom feel differently. 

8 minutes ago, Wycket said:

Two of the three Woody's children whom he helped raise claim he is a pedo, and the other he is currently married to.  If you can't infer from that statement, which is nothing but factual that Woody Allen might be a pedo than I don't understand your line of thinking.

Victim blaming is terrible, and to say that Cosby's or Weinstein's  victims are at fault for not speaking up and stopping their deeds is atrocious. 

You seem to have a great deal of personal bias in how you view the situations, as your response to Rapp shows that maybe its not best to speak publicly about these issues unless you are willing to have a fair conversation with others whom feel differently. 

I don't  blame the victims for what happened to them but they share blame for remaining silent and allowing others to become victims because they were afraid to speak out. You can diagree all you want but they could have helped prevent further crimes.

Rapp is a reprehensible little fag who is as much to blame as spacey.

Pedophilia is not the correct term for someone who has "relations" with teen or older adolescents.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:54 PM, Wycket said:

But aren't you parroting here a simplistic headlines view of what seems to be a long and ambivalent-at-best history of family troubles in the Allen/Farrow household? Even my cursory readings on this have raised nagging suspicions about the sanity of either side, so you might have a hard look at the terms 'claim' and 'might' and rethink how that can be 'nothing but factual'.

Was looking forward to seeing the trailer until I saw the cringe-worthy, low-budget animation. Will stick the original then.

Knowing the world today, the main bunny will probably somehow end up being James Corden's Peter Rabbit. Watership Down the original was a great one. I cannot stand all these remakes.

Wha'?! No John Hurt? No Richard Briers? No Joss Ackland? No Zero Mostel? No Angela Morely? No fucking BRIGHT EYES?! 

What have we got, then? Unrendered characters, portentous "shots", self-important, yet utterly generic fucking music, and no "prince with a thousand enemies"! Fuck that shit.

@The Illustrious Jerry is right. Martin Rosen's original is a quiet masterpiece.

Avoid this cunt lube.

There's nothing in that trailer visually that even warrants calling it "pretentious". Looks like a poor man's action flick about bunnies.

The original was often beautiful (in a nightmarish way) to look at:

5 minutes ago, KK said:

There's nothing in that trailer visually that even warrants calling it "pretentious". Looks like a poor man's action flick about bunnies.

The original was often beautiful (in a nightmarish way) to look at:

I meant to say "portentous".

19 hours ago, Holko said:

Hmm, should watch the original sometime.

You can try, but the animation is so crude as to be near unwatchable. But then again it never was the film's strong point. 

On 12/4/2018 at 5:40 PM, KK said:

Was looking forward to seeing the trailer until I saw the cringe-worthy, low-budget animation. Will stick the original then.

That looks terrible.

Speaking of animals, I'll be looking forward to the completely unnecesary adaptation of Mouse Guard instead. AKA "marketing nightmare".

16 minutes ago, Brónach said:

That looks terrible.

Speaking of animals, I'll be looking forward to the completely unnecesary adaptation of Mouse Guard instead. AKA "marketing nightmare".

I seriously hope that the Mouse Guard movie is traditional hand drawn animation.  Mouse Guard with CG sounds... unpleasant

20 minutes ago, Brónach said:

It is CGI, apparently. I would always prefer it hand drawn, but (if they have the resources) a sort of photorealistic look might fit the tone as well.

I think CG could only work if they went for a SUPER stylized feel.  Photorealism I don't think would work well and I don't think a Pixar/Blue Sky/Dreamworks kiddy style would work.  I think of something like the new animated Spider-Man movie, which uses CG in a very unique, herky-jerky way to make it more like comics.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:09 AM, Alexcremers said:

James Gunn presents:

A Superman horror tale.

SNL did a take on What if Superman had landed in Germany instead of the US. It certainly turns the mythos of this standard on its head

2 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

SNL did a take on What if Superman had landed in Germany instead of the US. It certainly turns the mythos of this standard on its head

I wonder if Brandon is a reference to:

maxresdefault.jpg

21 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

There was a great graphic novel around a similar premise, but Kal-El landed in 1930's Ukraine, instead. It's worth a read:

41oYz+Yu6zL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41 minutes ago, Romão said:

There was a great graphic novel around a similar premise, but Kal-El landed in 1930's Ukraine, instead. It's worth a read:

41oYz+Yu6zL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember that. He certainly wasn't fighting for truth justice and the American way. (Back when America fought for such things)