Upcoming Films

Quintus

6 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Jay's finally got the Humour upgrade, it took time!

What do you mean?

17 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Cremeritis!

Cremeritis? How so? Did I post the trailer already before?

Alex, Stefan is pointing out that he already posted the trailer on Friday. The box in his post is a link to his post from Friday (click in the part that says "Stefancos replied to a topic")

I didn't know he posted that trailer in the Brexit thread, I don't read every post. Anyway, since it's a new movie, it should be posted here as well, you know, for those who aren't interested in the Brexit thread but might be interested in this movie or Cumberbatch. Is that okay for you, Jay? 

Yes, I check it regularly, but I don't live there. If I'm not interested in a certain debate in a thread then I don't not read or check every post. I know some of you read everything, but never assume that everybody does that. 

If I had posted that trailer while forgetting that I already posted it before ... Now that would be Cremeritis. 

I never said there was anything wrong with the trailer being in multiple threads. Stefan complained about that, not me.

All I did was explain to you the intent and meaning of Stefan's post after it went over your head.

Edit: and now you've edited your post after I posted mine, making my reply make less sense. I'll have to start quoting when I reply to you.

I'm sure Alex can't tell the difference between certain members. Well, i mean he could...if he tried. But he's never really bothered.

Why would he bother to get to know you, Jason? All you watch is CSI, NCIS and The Mentalist! ;)

On 12/17/2018 at 1:46 AM, Stefancos said:

I'm sure Alex can't tell the difference between certain members. Well, i mean he could...if he tried. But he's never really bothered.

Why would he bother to get to know you, Jason? All you watch is CSI, NCIS and The Mentalist! ;)

Ive been accused of watching those. I was a regular watcher of the Mentalist. I have never been a watcher of Ncis and I enjoyed CSI. I love murder procedurals. I love shows with good guys and bad villains. How simple of me.

I thought this was going to be a darker, more horror-oriented version of Hellboy, not the action comedy which the trailer is seemingly selling it as. 

Maybe this will interest people more? You know, because it looks realistically bland?

After 10 years of occupation, some chose cooperation, others chose resistance.

21 minutes ago, Richard said:

I can't decide whether to throw Dire Straits, or Sade, at it.

Sharde?

Gary Oldman to play Churchill again after success of "Darkest Hour".

Gary Oldman plans to reprise his Oscar-winning performance as Winston Churchill for a new project, the actor revealed this morning.

"I've only scratched the surface. I think that there's another chapter here," said Oldman, who played the wartime leader in the acclaimed 2017 film Darkest Hour. "Maybe a movie, maybe something on television."

@The Illustrious Jerry

Thank you @John for informing me!

Exciting, as he played Churchill wonderfully. Award winning performance, and there is certainly plenty of untapped possibilities in that respect.

Yes, of course I've seen DARKEST HOUR. For the record, if I comment on a film, then always assume that I've seen it. I don't comment on films which I haven't seen.

Ok, I'm being a teeny weeny bit facetious, there, but it's only because I like McNeice's Churchill, so much. I wish Mr. Oldman all the best in reprising this character. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I wasn't referring just to this film.

House Of Cards? Stranger Things? The OA? Black Mirror? Or are you referring to Scorsese's film The Irish Man with Robert De Niro? Seems to me that quality isn't really the problem. Like I posted before, Scorsese couldn't be more happy with Netflix because, according to him, they are willing to take risks and they give him complete artistic freedom. Also, ridiculously high budgets and big paychecks aren't synonymous with good TV series, movies or creativity.

“People such as Netflix are taking risks. ‘The Irishman’ is a risky film. No one else wanted to fund the pic for five to seven years. And of course we’re all getting older. Netflix took the risk.” - Martin Scorsese

There's a difference between shows and movies made directly by Netflix like Steef is talking about (House of Cards, Orange Is The New Black, Stranger Things, etc), and when they just either buy finished movies already made by others (Cloverfield Paradox, Annihilation, etc), or fund directors who make movies with their own crew, like Mute or The Irishman.

The point is whatever practices they follow with their own content they create from scratch has no bearing on the quality of other "Netflix Originals" which are actually outside projects they just paid the most money to distribute.

Both are outside projects Netflix paid to distribute in certain countries.  Netflix has no input on any creative decision with either of those, they are just a distributor, and only in certain countries

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

There's a difference between shows and movies made directly by Netflix like Steef is talking about (House of Cards, Orange Is The New Black, Stranger Things, etc), and when they just either buy finished movies already made by others (Cloverfield Paradox, Annihilation, etc), or fund directors who make movies with their own crew, like Mute or The Irishman.

I don't know of movies made by a specific Netflix crew. They either buy movies or they fund them. Both are called Netflix Originals.