49 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The Directors Edition?

Dunno.

41 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I think Drax will prefer:

yfqsgzW6AQYmBjIEIq0y9EB1Rgl.jpg

Seen it.

39 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yes, Watchmen might be too complex for him. He struggles with complex narratives.

Fuck you!

34 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

And slow pacing, which is no longer appealing to him now that his ASMR days are over.

:crymore:

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I think Drax will prefer:

yfqsgzW6AQYmBjIEIq0y9EB1Rgl.jpg

Awful remake.

Joseph Kosinksi of Tron Legacy, Top Gun 2 and Oblivion fame, and a genuine JWFan favorite, is set to make Spiderhead for Netflix.

Cinema is changing ...

https://deadline.com/2019/02/spiderhead-george-saunders-netflix-joseph-kosinski-rhett-reese-paul-wernick-1202547626/

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Paramount Pictures pulls the plug on David Fincher's World War Z sequel.

https://theplaylist.net/paramount-david-fincher-world-war-z-exclusive-20190206/

Cinema is changing ...

How do you conclude such a false sentiment?

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

How do you conclude such a false sentiment?

It might be to soon for some but you'll understand in a few more years ... or not.

Indeed! And more and more talent are experiencing first-hand that there's no place anymore for their movies in the theatre. They are saying what I'm saying. Just ask around. Of course, those who are perfectly fine with what theatres are offering these days aren't likely to see 'the change'.

Personally, I think there's a bright side to it all. I don't like going to the theatres anymore so I don't mind if directors are making movies for the small screen now.

And then there's the Disney/Fox merger.

I can't believe some small company from the 50s that made crappy cartoons for kids now owns 20th Century Fox, which was once the king of movie studios. Pfft.

Now Sony is saying fuck off to film score collectors.

Netflix, amazon, Disney, ... everyone wants to be the streaming king. And because of the competition, I do fear that over 5 years the small screen will be exactly like the big screen. Then we'll reading things like: Netflix: "Sorry Mr. Scorsese, we really love your new project, but Spielberg is making a superhero movie for Disney+, so maybe you could do something like that for us instead?"

On 2/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, Alexcremers said:

Paramount Pictures pulls the plug on David Fincher's World War Z sequel.

If Paramount won't do it, then perhaps Netflix will?

TIL Matthew Vaughn is directing a Kingsman PREQUEL, it is set in the early 1900s, will feature Ralph Fiennes, Daniel Brühl, Charles Dance, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Tom Hollander, and Djimon Hounsou, and is coming out this November.  How about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsman:_The_Great_Game_(film)

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

TIL Matthew Vaughn is directing a Kingsman PREQUEL, it is set in the early 1900s, will feature Ralph Fiennes, Daniel Brühl, Charles Dance, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Tom Hollander, and Djimon Hounsou, and is coming out this November.  How about that.

I can't get excited about this since I didn't care for either movie

3 hours ago, Jay said:

@Warrior of Wet Dreams did you know they were rebooting Child's Play?

Yep. While the series creator Don Mancini is elsewhere conceiving a Chucky show for Netflix. I'll give my attention to the latter, thanks. Not bothering clicking on that.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:50 PM, Jay said:

Absolutely loved the first film ... everything the Craig Bonds had been semi-reluctant to do up to then was in there, and gloriously so. The second suffered from sequel 'bloat' a bit, but was still fun. 

Interested to see this one.  

I'll see almost anything Boyle, Slumdog is probably one of my favourite movies.

He seems to be pumping out movies bloody fast these days though. Feels like this, Trainspotting 2 and Steve Jobs were all in the last year or so (not to mention working on Bond, which obviously fell through).

4 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Absolutely loved the first film ... everything the Craig Bonds had been semi-reluctant to do up to then was in there, and gloriously so. The second suffered from sequel 'bloat' a bit, but was still fun. 

Interested to see this one.  

I agree with you.  I loved the first film immediately upon first seeing it, and I was happy then when I re-watched it just before I was going to watch the sequel, it held up and I still loved it just as much.

The sequel was fun, sure, but bloat is a great way to describe (one of) its problems.  It felt like it was rushed into theaters or something, in the sense that it was maybe 20 minutes too long.  And I don't mean that some entire scenes or subplots needed to removed, more like every single scene was just too long for no reason, shots were held too long, the pacing was just too slow.  The entire movie needed to be tightened up.  It was surprising to me Vaughn let it be released like this because usually his films are nice and tight.

I also had problems with bringing Colin Firth's character back to life.  Those kinds of decisions always make the first film worse in retrospect when viewed as part of the franchise.  I also strongly disliked that they killed off the best supporting characters from the first film (Merlin and the female Lancelot) only to bring him back. I would have preferred he stayed dead, and those two got to live!