Upcoming Films

Quintus

Just now, Richard said:

This one has a kind of JACKIE BROWN feel to it.

Jackie Brown is probably my favorite Tarantino, and the film excels in naturalism, but this one feels downright goofy. 

I like goofy.

GIVE IT A CHANCE, AL! :)

9 minutes ago, KK said:

Really? Screams rehash to me.

I see what you mean. Both 1 and 2 were flip-sides of the same message. Like 3, 4 is utterly superfluous, but, hey, it's got those cute, green "ooooh!" aliens, so...

I'm gonna miss Varney, and Ermey.

And Rickles! :( It was reported he hadn’t done any voiceover for 4 by the time he died.

QT’s movie looks good. I like Brad and Leo when they’re having fun. Can’t wait for a glimpse of Pacino. And nice job with that Bruce Lee casting lol.

22 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Looks awful

But its Tarantino. Motherfucking future Star Trek director Quentin Tarantino.

20 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Toy Story 3 was pretty weak but Pixar's latest films are far worse.  Not hopeful for 4.  

What! Toy Story 3 was hands down the best. 

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

But its Tarantino. Motherfucking future Star Trek director Quentin Tarantino.

What! Toy Story 3 was hands down the best. 

Sure, if you like bad Doo Doo jokes and racist caricatures! (Spanish Buzz)

47 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Sure, if you like bad Doo Doo jokes and racist caricatures! (Spanish Buzz)

They were holding hands.😭😭😭

On 3/20/2019 at 7:04 PM, Not Mr. Big said:

Toy Story 3 was pretty weak

I agree with @John that its a very good film.

However, it is for that very reason that I don't see the point in making a fourth film, no more than I see a point in making an Indiana Jones 4 and 5, a Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and 5, Marvel Phase 4 or a Star Wars 7-9.

I'm fine with film series, and I'm fine with them going long. I'm not, however, fine with them going long after they had hit upon a very natural and satisfying point of conclusion.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:03 AM, Alexcremers said:

On 3/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, KK said:

Noah Hawley, of Fargo fame, has his feature film debut coming up and it looks good!

Cremeristis!!!

The memory card on the digital cameras that Deakins uses last longer than a roll of filmstock, which makes longer takes easier.

Should look neat.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

They already remade The Thomas Crown Affair and it was already superior to the original.  Lightning can't strike twice!....er, thrice?

As for Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH, it was one of my favorite books when I was a kid.  While Goldsmith's score for the original film version is a masterpiece, I'd be down for a more faithful adaptation (that doesn't have any nonsense about magic necklaces).

Pink Panther and Poltergeist have already been remade too, and Mad World kind of as Rat Race

I’m okay with this because it could bring back the $60-$80 million film that’s pretty much gone from the industry. I’m a fan of the McTiernan Thomas Crown Affair, but a remake with Jennifer Lawrence and some other topical male lead could show studios that smaller films can still generate profit. Right now we either have indies or huge tent pole films. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, we New Yorkers like to believe we've seen it all... what you're going to see right now will shock you beyond belief. This is, uh, footage we have that indicates that there is a *dinosaur* loose in Manhattan!