Upcoming Films

Quintus

• 3 weeks later...

I can see the tag line:

"Enter, and you will get stung".

It looks good, even if it seems to be yet another first-world, middle-class couple, with first-world, middle-class problems.

I'll take this, over ten MCU/DCU films.

24 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

It looks good, even if it seems to be yet another first-world, middle-class couple, with first-world, middle-class problems.

I'll take this, over ten MCU/DCU films.

Me too! I got a Revolutionary Road vibe from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Sets New Release Dates for Candyman, Halloween Kills & More

Universal Pictures has announced new release dates for a handful of upcoming releases, including Candyman, The Forever Purge, Halloween Kills, and Halloween Ends.

Candyman will move from September 25, 2020, to Friday, October 16, 2020; The Forever Purge will be released on Friday, July 9, 2021; Halloween Kills will move from October 16, 2020, to Friday, October 15, 2021; and Halloween Ends will move from October 15, 2021, to Friday, October 14, 2022, taking the place of the previously announced Untitled Blumhouse Productions Project.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1141158-universal-sets-new-release-dates-for-candyman-halloween-kills-more

This looks like it has some overlap with The Current War but also seems to have a pretty unique style to it

On 6/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Good grief. Russian cinema has gone normal.

Did you watch TROTSKY ( NETFLIX)?!😳

On 6/29/2020 at 11:14 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

SOLYARIS ..is all the Russian sci-fi we need.

For once, you're right!😁

Two of the biggest 2020 movies are now being delayed to 2021:

Paramount Pushes A Quiet Place Part II & Top Gun: Maverick

Two major Paramount Pictures releases are getting another schedule change as the studio has announced that the highly-anticipated A Quiet Place Part II and Top Gun: Maverick are both being shifted from their 2020 release dates to 2021, according to The Wrap.

The John Krasinski-helmed horror sequel was initially pushed back from its March 20 release date to September 4 due to the global pandemic and now it has been set for an April 23, 2021 release while the Tom Cruise follow-up, originally set for July 12 and December 23 releases, will now hit theaters on July 2, 2021. In addition to the two tentpoles, Paramount has also delayed the release of the upcoming Jackass reboot from July 2 to September 3, as well as setting an April 8, 2022 release for Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

“We truly believe that there is no movie-viewing experience like the one enjoyed in theatres,” Paramount’s President of Domestic Distribution Chris Aronson, and President of International Theatrical Distribution Mark Viane, said in a statement. “We are committed to the theatrical experience and our exhibition partners, and want to stress that we are confident that, when the time comes, audiences everywhere will once again enjoy the singular joy of seeing Paramount films on the big screen.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1142971-paramount-pushes-a-quiet-place-part-ii-top-gun-maverick

I just wanted to point out the absurdity in thinking that postponing a release would hurt the franchise due to the original public having “lost their connection” to it - especially for such a minimal amount of time compared to other franchises.

You think more people connected to A Quiet Place than Avatar? I think not. That doesn’t mean either of these sequels will be successful though.

And people have been waiting for a Top Gun sequel for over 30 years. They’ll wait another 6 months. Granted, this also doesn’t mean it’ll be successful.