Upcoming Films

Quintus

Brad Bird confirmed as MI4 director: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44983

Ice Age 4 in the works: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44960

Transformers 3 news: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44964

Another Planet of the Apes movie coming: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44975

Joaquin Phoenix mockumentary finally coming out: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44962

INCEPTION trailer:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/inception-trailer-christopher-nolan.php

Looks fucking awesome!

Though I'm afraid it'll be one of those movies where the first 2/3 is amazing and sets up this incredible world, until the last 1/3 is more cliched and presents a climax and resolution that doesn't do the first 2/3rds justice. Though I hope to be proven wrong!

Though I'm afraid it'll be one of those movies where the first 2/3 is amazing and sets up this incredible world, until the last 1/3 is more cliched and presents a climax and resolution that doesn't do the first 2/3rds justice. Though I hope to be proven wrong!

What makes you think that?

I am very very VERY impressed with this. Looks much better than what I was expecting. Can't wait to hear what Hans has in store.

Wait wait wait.... Hans Zimmer is doing the score to Inception? How.. disappointing! Damn.

As for why I think that... I dunno, just a feeling I have. A lot of movies have a weak third act that is especially highlighted the better the first 2 acts are. Look at The Matrix. First 2/3rds are incredible, set up an amazing world. Last act is just one never ending fight after another (though I do still like the movie quite a bit)

Zimmer's been on the project since Day 1. How have you not heard about this, let alone see his name in the teaser and trailer? It also shouldn't be surprising since Zimmer has worked with Nolan on his past 3 films.

Zimmer's been on the project since Day 1. How have you not heard about this, let alone see his name in the teaser and trailer? It also shouldn't be surprising since Zimmer has worked with Nolan on his past 3 films.

Never saw a teaser; This trailer is the first ... well, anything I've seen concerning the film other than the poster

The Zimmer/JNH scores worked well enough in BB and TDK.... but that style won't work for Inception at all. And I'm glad he didn't go with Zimmer for The Prestige. Also, David Julyan scores Memento, Insomnia, AND The Prestige, which seemed to me to make him Nolan's go-to composer (with Warner Brothers probably having more to do with the batman franchise scorers than Nolan himself)

INCEPTION trailer: Looks fucking awesome!

What makes you think that?

I don't follow you. I watched the trailer, and it make me want to see the movie. Interesting plot, great imagery, great actors.

The Zimmer/JNH scores worked well enough in BB and TDK.... but that style won't work for Inception at all.

I doubt he'll do Inception in the style of Batman, so that's a moot point. I mean I'm not overjoyed that Zimmer is doing the film either, but judging from the music in the trailer I think it'll be a fit.

The trailer music is not Zimmer. I'm expecting something along the lines of Frost/Nixon though. It definitely won't be anything like Batman. As for The Prestige, Zimmer produced the score and had it recorded at RCP, so there was a gradual switch from Julyan to Zimmer. Unfortunate, since I really like Julyan's scores for his films, but fortunate in that we'll probably get a better/more thematic score.

I don't follow you. I watched the trailer, and it make me want to see the movie. Interesting plot, great imagery, great actors.

Strange, the trailer has the opposite effect on me. It's one of those trailers that show the whole movie. My appetite for this movie is over. ;)

Either I took the average or it's my lazy memory working again.

My theater's matinee price is $6.50 while evening is $8.75. Furthermore, I can buy discount coupons at work for $5.50 or so per ticket.

Our ticket prices went up to $11.

Yea, I was thrilled to only pay $10 even to see IM2 on Friday

Strange, the trailer has the opposite effect on me. It's one of those trailers that show the whole movie. My appetite for this movie is over. ;)

The Dark Knight trailers showed a lot of footage. But they were clever enough to toy with it, so the actual movie played a bit differently than expected. You know, the climaxes from the trailer being minor events in the film. And vice versa. I hope this is the case here as well.

Karol - who can't wait! :blink:

Movies only cost $7.50 where you live? $9.75 to $12.50 here

Everything is normally higher up north it seems.

I can remember when I was in Boston in the early 90's, ticket prices were about $2.00 to $3.00 higher than they were in Texas at the time.

The music in the trailer was from Zimmer's score to the film?

Aparently it isn't, but I can't remeber where I read it. Don't take my word on it though.

Apparently the music in the trailer is "Mind Heist" by Zack Hemsey

Well, Nolan is a big Bond fan so its not surprising. He used elements in The Dark Knight, with the Skyhook from Thunderball and the knife in the shoe from From Russia With Love. I'm sure there's probably stuff in his other films as well that might be more thinly veiled. Either way, I'm hoping to one day see him do a Bond movie, as him writing and directing Bond could be pretty special.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not forget the Zimmer Bond score! ;)

:rolleyes:

That would be almost as bad as Eric Serra's score for Goldeneye.

Pity I was counting for distinct Djawdi/Jablonsky collaboration. Did I mention their styles compliment each other very well?

Karol

A Giacchino Bond score would be the best.

I fixed that for you Koray.

I remember having a whale of a time with the first Mortal Kombat movie in the theaters. Though I was around 16 or 17, and probably not in the way the producers intended. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

The worst ticket price around where I live is at The Grand Majestic at Williston Green a very nice theatre. At $13.00 evening price, however, I don't make it there very often unless it is a movie I'm really excited about, which does not happen too often anymore, I'm afraid.

James Cameron and Zack Snyder will join David Fincher for the new Heavy Metal 3D film. Zack Snyder is good news but too bad it's Cameron and not Ridley Scott. After all, it was Scott who interpolated the world of Heavy Metal into cinema.

Link

Alex

Not sure if this was posted but a friend of mine posted this on his Facebook status.

http://kotaku.com/5558339/if-this-is-the-next-mortal-kombat-movie-sign-us-up

It's a pretty gruesome video just as a quick FYI. I think this maybe the new Mortal Kombat movie coming out in 2013. If it is I'd see it...Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade...hell ya. The video itself despite being gruesome is actually quite cool.