Upcoming Films

Quintus

12 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Geez, that was funny! I was laughing all the way through. It looks like it's going to be the best, and most subversive, Christmas film, since BAD SANTA, and more power to it.

Whomp those child brats to hell. Can't wait.

Walter Goggins as Jack Nicholson

Mel Gibson as Son of God

Looks like a live action remake of RISE OF THE GUARDIANS!

10 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Geez, Louise. Finally a film worth watching.

...and the Academy Awards for Best Film, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Cinematography go to...

Surely this movie goes straight to streaming (Netflix). It's a black & white movie and it's about a writer in Hollywood.  Eh, Oscars? He isn't overcoming a decease nor is he putting the problems of a minority group in the spotlight. But it might tell a few ugly truths about Hollywood though ...

On 10/8/2020 at 1:36 PM, Edmilson said:

First teasers for David Fincher's Mank:

Hadn't seen these yet, finally did now.  Wow, it looks great!  Great cast, and some awesome shot compositions already seen.  I also enjoyed how different each of these trailers were from each other.  Can't wait!

27 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I like The Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum. That makes me a Greengrass fan?

That and United 93, which is responsible for your favorite John Powell score.

11 hours ago, AC1 said:

That and United 93, which is responsible for your favorite John Powell score.

United 93 is not my favorite Powell score. 

45 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Is there a RCP personnel score he doesn't like? 

Powell isn’t RCP. 

She's no Liz Taylor, if you know what I mean[wink.wink.nudge.nudge]

" Previous Cleopatras  were inevitably portrayed as power hungry vixens, dependent on powerful men.

Our Cleo is a strong, independent, self- confident ruler who needs no man to rule her kingdom".

That was the sad tragedy of Cleopatra in the Liz Taylor movie, she was the Queen of Egypt and yet her life depended on one man in Rome. I guess they are going to reverse the roles in the new one.

Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in, for me!

29 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Gadot seems to think no one has done Cleopatra before.

...nor has she read Shakespeare, nor has she any grasp of history.

Geez, Louise, why don't these morons just give up?

13 minutes ago, AC1 said:

That was the sad tragedy of Cleopatra in the Liz Taylor movie, she was the Queen of Egypt and yet her life depended on one man in Rome. I guess they are going to reverse the roles in the new one.

Well, wasn't Egypt dependent of Rome grain?

( or was it the other way around?)

56 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Gadot seems to think no one has done Cleopatra before.

At least they cast someone of Middle Eastern origins ( although some historians claim she was dark skinned. So, there might still be complaints - like Salma Hayek/ Frida)

8 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

At least they cast someone of Middle Eastern origins ( although some historians claim she was dark skinned. So, there might still be complaints - like Salma Hayek/ Frida)

Cleopatra was actually of Greek ancestry (some think she might have some native Egyptian blood on her mother's side, but with no consensus).

9 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

" Previous Cleopatras  were inevitably portrayed as power hungry vixens, dependent on powerful men.

Our Cleo is a strong, independent, self- confident ruler who needs no man to rule her kingdom".

My history might be a bit hazy, but as far as I recall, she did indeed need the help of powerful men to even have a kingdom, which she only ruled as client state of Rome

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I could picture her naked, if I wanted (which I don't, btw). 

Perhaps you are more interested to see a naked Caesar? Mark Anthony? 

Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Jonah Hill, Timothée Chalamet, Ariana Grande, Himesh Patel join Jennifer Lawrence In Netflix’s Don’t Look Up (Adam McKay, director).

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Jonah-Hill-Timothee-Ch

You really must adapt to the new times, Joe. Unless of course you think only Star Wars, Nolan, James Bond and superhero movie are real movies. Everything else will be streaming. BTW, Don't Look Up will be playing 2 weeks in select theaters. 

2 hours ago, AC1 said:

You really must adapt to the new times, Joe. Unless of course you think only Star Wars, Nolan, James Bond and superhero movie are real movies. Everything else will be streaming. BTW, Don't Look Up will be playing 2 weeks in select theaters. 

Just because some self proclaimed elite thinks shit has to be done a certain way, doesn't mean everyone has to "adapt" to "new times". 

We're not a fucking beehive. 

3 hours ago, AC1 said:

It's a tv movie. It's not cinema. Do you honestly think that the only movies are the ones listed in your stupid comments.  Do you really think a Birdbox is as cinematic as The Quiet Place? What about a film on Lifetime. It's a movie just like a movie on Netflix or a movie at the theatre just as worthy.  Next you'll tell us a burrito at Taco Hell is the same as a burrito La Hacienda's. Distinguish between levels for a change.

I bet you were that kid that said Duel was a real movie like JAWS, not a tv movie.

3 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Sigh ... This is no way to have a conversation, Joe. 

Then dont make stupid comments designed to attack. And you didn't  really sigh, you smiled. 

Wait! You were offended by "adapt to the new times"? Wow!

43 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Do you really think a Birdbox is as cinematic as The Quiet Place?

BTW, I prefer Birdbox over A Quiet Place. I never felt it wasn't 'cinematic'. It certainly doesn't resemble the made for TV movies I know. 

Alex like Kirk I am laughing at the "superior".

Btw you would think Birdbox was better. That is funny. 

Makes me laugh almost as much as Stefan saying Dennis Hopper is a great actor.

He was in Dune and that is pure garbage

He was terrible in Speed, He was terrible in blue velvet he was terrible in the twilight zone he was terrible.