Upcoming Films

Quintus

It's her real hair but colored. Who knows, maybe you want her to look like Rey in every movie? Give her a chance, Jay, I hear it's hard for her to get other gigs. 

On 2/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, AC1 said:

I hear it's hard for her to get other gigs. 

Is that really true?? I’d think that couldn’t possibly be the case, and not just because of SW. Ridley is a fine actor.

It's what she said herself. However, she then said things are slowly getting better. 

Weirdly, at the beginning of the year nothing was coming through, I was like "Aww! No one wants to employ me."

There were actually loads of things that I auditioned for at the beginning of the year and didn’t get any of them.

Things started picking up (referring to February and March 2020).

4 hours ago, The Big Man said:

She probably fangirls over him.

Anyone else remember when Dakota Fanning was promoting WOTW on Jay Leno and she was about to say something about John Williams but Leno interrupted her?

The difference between Fanning and Ridley, is that Fanning has genuine talent. She's great in WAR OF THE WORLDS, and she's great in MAN ON FIRE.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:46 AM, Disco Stu said:

Blank Check.  At this point it's only movie-related podcast (not counting film score ones) I listen to and I'm down to just 2 gaming podcasts.  But I've actually been listening to Blank Check since way back in 2015 when it was purely a podcast about the Star Wars prequels lol.

Blank Check's great!

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Comes out in 3 months with no composer attached?

AFAWK Bob's Burgers, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Last Night in Soho, and The Matrix 4 don't have composers attached either

They likely all do, they just haven't announced them to the public

Disney's crazy. They want to make a movie in which the protagonist and title character is a murderer of puppies. Or at least how she turned into that.

I guess I'll just rewatch the 96 movie with Glenn Close again on Disney Plus.

23 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

Disney's response to Joker?

It sure does look and seem pretty grim. Not one moment of levity in the trailer. It’s so jarring to see the Disney logo in this material.

I'm weirdly looking forward to this.  I consider the original 90s movies two of my favorite "so bad they're good" movies, really fun to watch and roast with friends.  I don't think this movie will scratch that itch necessarily, but it looks like it could be trashy fun.

Just caught up on the three videos on this page

Cruella trailer - wow you guys are right, no part of this felt like a Disney movie at all.  I was reminded of the Joker (not just the recent film but other incarnations too) more than anything else

Chaos Walking clip - meh

Mortal Kombat tralier - looks like a fun movie to watch with friends on a Friday night while drinking beer