Upcoming Films

Quintus

Jesse Plemons has joined Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro in Killers of the Flower Moon, the big-budget thriller Martin Scorsese is directing for Apple.

GettyImages-923822410-H-2021-1613593662-

Anyone here already seen this British film released in 2020 in the UK?

It's coming to the US today, looks like its $6 on Amazon.  I think we have enough Amazon dollars to check it out

Seems like it could be a @Disco Stu film?

Right, I was tagging you because I thought it might be something you'd want to watch in the future, not because I thought it was something you had already seen (obviously, since it just came to the US today)

16 hours ago, AC1 said:

I thought he was probably the best character in 2049, even though he's only in it for a short time.

The only character who I found remotely sympathetic, was Robin Wight's police chief. I couldn't even be bothered to root for K. Was I supposed to? I don't know.

29 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I couldn't even be bothered to root for K. Was I supposed to? I don't know.

From what I gather, yes. 

However, you weren't supposed to root for Dave Bautista. So I would like to know why you think he was so unconvincing as replicant cannon fodder? 

He's not bad, in 2049, but, generally, I'm just not enamoured by that "meathead" acting. You know the type: Johnson, Stratham, Diesel. It's the sort that has got muscles popping out all over the body, but hasn't got two brain cells to rub together.

22 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

He's not bad, in 2049, but, generally, I'm just not enamoured by that "meathead" acting. You know the type: Johnson, Stratham, Diesel. It's the sort that has got muscles popping out all over the body, but hasn't got two brain cells to rub together.

So I guess that means you'll be skipping Dune as well? I know he has bigger ambitions and doesn't want to do Stratham/Diesel like movies.

dune.jpg

I admire him for wanting to get away from "musclebound" roles, and tbh, he seems to be quite suited to playing Raban.

I plan to watch DUNE (if it ever gets to where I live), but I won't be able to stop myself from comparing it to Lynch's film.

49 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Has everyone seen this pic of Branagh as Boris Johnson in the upcoming COVID pic This Sceptred Isle? F*cking incredible. Gary Oldman to Churchill level transformation.

skynews-kenneth-branagh-boris-johnson_52

The hair is much too neat.

5 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I plan to watch DUNE (if it ever gets to where I live), but I won't be able to stop myself from comparing it to Lynch's film.

I expect to finish it with ease and yet feel nothing, sorta like I did with 2049

55 minutes ago, AC1 said:

I expect to finish it with ease and yet feel nothing, sorta like I did with 2049

It's interesting that a sequel that has such a lot going for it and is the continuation of a beloved film, can offer...well...like you said: "nothing". 2019 amazes me and moves me to tears, every time I watch it. 2049 leaves me wondering what's for dinner.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:41 PM, Edmilson said:

As long as they keep the franchise out of Shyamalan's hands, it'll be fine.

Eh, not exactly. I was really looking forward to the Netflix live-action series that’s in development. But since the creators quit because of their insistence on making it “young adult,” I don’t have faith in anything Avatar related at this point. 

Just now, Koray Savas said:

Eh, not exactly. I was really looking forward to the Netflix live-action series that’s in development. But since the creators quit because of their insistence on making it “young adult,” I don’t have faith in anything Avatar related at this point. 

Is that live action show still happening? Gosh, I was hoping Netflix would cancel it, specially now that the creators aren't involved. 

5 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Is that live action show still happening? Gosh, I was hoping Netflix would cancel it, specially now that the creators aren't involved. 

Well I actually read the article Jay posted that answers our questions :P

Yes, the Netflix show is still in development. And this new studio and animated film is headed by the original creators. So count me in!