Upcoming Films

Quintus

A big budget sci-fi actioner called "The Tomorrow War", starring Chris Pratt, Yvonne Strahovski, Betty Gilpin, Keith Powers, Sam Richardson, J. K. Simmons, and Mary Lynn Rajskub was supposed to come out in theaters this July (after originally being scheduled for Christmas 2020) from Paramount.

Well now Amazon has bought it for $200 million, and it's coming direct to Amazon Prime in July instead

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1168657-amazon-sets-release-chris-pratt-sci-fi-pic-the-tomorrow-war

On 1/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, Jay said:

The Woman in the Window Finally Set For 2021 Debut on Netflix

This is Joe Wright's next film after The Darkest Hour.  It was filmed in 2018!

There was already a trailer a long time ago!

And now you can juxtapose how 20th Century Fox marketed it then with Netflix new trailer released today

Paramount news today: 

• Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins moves up from October 22 to July 23
  • Top Gun: Maverick moves back from July 2 to November 19
  • Mission Impossible 7 moves back from November 19 2021 to May 27 2022
  • Dungeons and Dragons moves back from May 27 2022 to March 3 2023
  • Mission Impossible 8 moves back from November 4 2022 to July 7 2023

https://deadline.com/2021/04/top-gun-maverick-mission-impossible-7-tom-cruise-release-date-change-july-4th-weekend-memorial-day-weekend-1234730581/

The only F&F movies I've seen are 1, 2, and Hobbes&Shaw

I keep kinda meaning to check out the other movies but... eh....

Caught up on some trailers last night

Cruella (2nd trailer) - This looks bonkers.  We'll happily watch on D+ once its free there

Black Widow (New trailer) - This movie looks like it's going to have some really good action scenes; not sure if the story will be interesting or not. The choir version of Silvestri's Avengers Theme at the end was cool

Army of the Dead - Looks fun!  I really like Dave Bautista, Garret Dillahunt, and Tig Notaro - I thought I also saw Katee Sackoff in here but I guess it was just a lookalike.

Fast and Furious 9 - These movies look fun, and slickly made.  I guess I should check out the series at some point

The Hitman's WIfe's Bodyguard - For some reason the original movie completely passed us by.  We watched trailers for each last night and I think we'll watch em.  Looks funny

Things Heard & Seen - Looks dumb

It’s a real shame BW has been delayed so many times now, it’s meant I feel much more excited by all the other upcoming Marvels. 

It’s almost as if we have to get this one of the way before we move onto newer things. Doesn’t help that she should have had a solo movie back in Phase 2 or something. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Fast and Furious 9 - These movies look fun, and slickly made.  I guess I should check out the series at some point

We tried that too but gave up after 10 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Army of the Dead - Looks fun!  I really like Dave Bautista, Garret Dillahunt, and Tig Notaro - I thought I also saw Katee Sackoff in here but I guess it was just a lookalike.

Zack said he never had this much fun with making a movie.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:00 AM, Jay said:

The only F&F movies I've seen are 1, 2, and Hobbes&Shaw

I keep kinda meaning to check out the other movies but... eh....

I've seen them all except Hobbs & Shaw. I wouldn't mind revisiting the first few at some point just to contrast how much the series has evolved from little street racing thrillers to these newer Marvelised spy warfare epics.

production on Julian Fellowes’ upcoming Downton Abbey sequel has finally begun with the original principal cast, including Michelle Dockery and Dame Maggie Smith, all set to once again reprise their iconic roles from the beloved period drama series. The studio has also confirmed that Downton Abbey 2 will be making its debut in theaters on December 22, 2021, just in time for Christmas

In addition to the original cast, the sequel has added four new cast members in the form of Emmy nominee Hugh Dancy (Elizabeth I), Laura Haddock (Guardians of the Galaxy), César Award winner Nathalie Baye (The Young Lieutenant) and Golden Globe nominee Dominic West (The Affair). BAFTA-nominated director Simon Curtis (My Week with Marilyn) has also signed on to helm the project, succeeding Michael Engler, who directed the 2019 film.

I think a lot of people are turned off by the setting.

I think it has so much more to offer than being simply a “period” piece. For example, it even has more clever twists than shows that has twists as a feature of their inherent genres.

Compared to a series like, for example, Homeland - which should have the upper hand as a “spy thriller” - Downton Abbey has so much more complexity in secret alliances, double crosses, secret pasts, power struggles, twists and turns.

Can’t wait for the 2nd movie.

My grandma really liked Downton Abbey, she binge watched all the seasons on Amazon Prime, then moved on to The Crown. Quarantine is making her watch a lot of these British aristocratic dramas.

The Crown is a pretty straight forward English drama, and that’s exactly my point.

These two get lumped together, due to setting and nothing else, when really, Downton Abbey has more in common with any spy thriller or political drama series.

12 hours ago, rough cut said:

I think a lot of people are turned off by the setting.

You talk about it as if it's some niche show.  It's probably one of the most viewed/popular shows ever. People are attracted to it because of the setting (and its characters). 

15 hours ago, AC1 said:

You talk about it as if it's some niche show.  It's probably one of the most viewed/popular shows ever. People are attracted to it because of the setting (and its characters). 

I know loads of people who haven’t seen it. And I suspect loads of people here in the forum haven’t seen it.

Google tells me:

"Upcoming" usually refers to an event that is going to happen in the near future, such as an election or a concert. "Forthcoming" usually refers to an object that will become available in the future, such as a book that will be published.

So problem solved!

We use this thread to comment on movies that will come out in the near future, then we create another thread called "Forthcoming films" that will cover movies that will release in over a year from the present.