Upcoming Films

Quintus

15 hours ago, Jay said:

Google asks the tough questions:  Is a film an "event" or an "object" ?

I would say it depends on the quality of the movie but to know it we have to watch it first

So now the question would be how to choose in which category we put a movie without seeing it?

When you google for “forthcoming movies”, Google includes “upcoming movies” in the results.

A search for “upcoming movies” doesn’t do the opposite however, which should indicate that the phrase “upcoming movies” is more frequently used.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/cannes-2021-films-official-selection-lineup-predictions-1234958648/

After last year's cancellation, the Cannes 2021 lineup is starting to heat up, with Annette (Leos Carax) and The French Dispatch (Wes Anderson) confirmed, and Soggy Bottom (Paul Thomas Anderson), The Card Counter (Paul Schrader) and The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion) in talks to premiere, among others. Looking forward to the whole lot very much!

Ah, I have been waiting for this trailer. I would have preferred his Jesus Christ biopic, but I hear it's unlikely it will ever be filmed.

It's a trailer for a new Rugrats movie, where they have replaced the old hand drawn animation with ugly CGI style

I guess Paramount+'s youtube channel is geolocked to USA only or something?

Final trailer for A Quiet Place Part II, hopefully not geolocked

It's the same kind of release they gave to The Irishman in 2019.  Wide but not super wide because AMC and Regal still won't work with Netflix.

2 hours ago, KK said:

Some of that looks good, some of that doesn't. But I remain optimistic!

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

The Green Knight looks pretty good to me.

I loved the teaser. Does this give away too much of the film? I’m going to see it either way, but will probably just skip the trailer altogether. 

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Nothing will beat Snyder's Arthurian project ...

Nah in France we have the best show about King Arthur it's called Kaamelott which is absolutely gorgeous and has an forthcoming movie this year!

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I loved the teaser. Does this give away too much of the film?

To save myself from too much info, I watched with the sound 'off', but even then I decided not to watch all of it. There's a heck of lot of shots in that trailer.

4 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Nah in France we have the best show about King Arthur it's called Kaamelott which is absolutely gorgeous and has an forthcoming movie this year!

Yup!

12 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

From the creators of Asterix et Obelix? Eh ... I guess it's a show where the French make fun the the Brits?

12 hours ago, AC1 said:

From the creators of Asterix et Obelix? Eh ... I guess it's a show where the French make fun the the Brits?

Not exclusively, I might even say that all the people represented looks quite foolish :lol:

On 3/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, Jay said:

That Cruella flick will be Disney+'s next "$30 for 3 months, then free" deal, after Raya and ahead of Black Widow

https://deadline.com/2021/03/black-widow-cruella-disney-plus-theaters-day-and-date-release-1234720116/

Jungle Cruise is also hopping on the $30 for 3 months, then free" bandwagon on July 30th, so the practice won't be ending with Black Widow on July 9th.