Upcoming Films

Quintus

13 hours ago, AC1 said:

Hugh Jackman's sci-fi thriller movie flops big time:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/hugh-jackman-box-office-reminiscence.html

banner_img_mobile.jpg

People here did not react to the trailer so we kinda predicted that it would flop.

The trailer told me everything I needed to know.

It’s shite.

I might be late to the table, but...I've just caught the teaser for SPIDERMAN NO WAY HOME.

I must admit that I am very impressed. Benedict Cumberbatch

and Alfred Molina?! Bring. It. On!

Much to my surprise, I am genuinely excited about this.

(edit)

@AC1

Yeah, I know, right?! :lol:

I can't help it. I found myself being drawn into the teaser, like a giddy school kid, even cheering when Molina appeared.

It's odd that this has impressed me in a way that both NTTD, and DUNC have resolutely refused to do.

On 8/27/2021 at 5:04 PM, AC1 said:

Hugh Jackman's sci-fi thriller movie flops big time:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/hugh-jackman-box-office-reminiscence.html

banner_img_mobile.jpg

People here did not react to the trailer so we kinda predicted that it would flop.

I enjoyed the movie. The trailer kind of made it look like Inception, which it is not at all. It’s more of a romantic film noir mystery crime story with a sci fi element. It takes it’s time and you need to pay attention to the plot but it’s a rather good movie, just not the movie that some people thought it would be. Visually it’s very impressive with the design of the flooded cities and there is a great underwater sequence involving a piano which looked amazing on the big screen.

Also, WB’s complete lack of marketing for the movie and the simultaneous HBO max release must have hurt it’s chances. Seriously people don’t know this movie exists due to an almost complete lack of marketing.

I find it a shame actually how these kinds of movies get so overlooked in favour of Fast and Furious etc

8 hours ago, Mr. Who said:

I enjoyed the movie. The trailer kind of made it look like Inception, which it is not at all. It’s more of a romantic film noir mystery crime story with a sci fi element.

Sounds like you're talking about Dark City, and that is exactly what the trailer reminded me of. 

I will give the guy a chance. Seriously can he be any worse than Hanz Zimmer or Michael Giacchino.

Just now, AC1 said:

So we can't trust anyone but ourselves? What a world! What a world!

Pretty much 🙂 unless there's a movie critic you agree with 100% of the time

8 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

so, maybe...

No Richard, not maybe. You think Moonfall or Emmerich will be a great platform or opportunity for him to do his thing?! 

Just stick to Little Children (not literally, of course). 

8 hours ago, AC1 said:

No Richard, not maybe. You think Moonfall or Emmerich will be a great platform or opportunity for him to do his thing?! 

Just stick to Little Children (not literally, of course). 

Indeed. I like LITTLE CHILDREN (not literally, of course).

Yeah, you're right: Emmerich is just not worth watching.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:45 AM, AC1 said:

Hmm, Christopher Nolan directing a History Channel movie, eh?

On the contrary, this might be the most promising Nolan picture yet. A character drama about the man who created the means for mass destruction? Plenty of scope there.

15-1163.jpg

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

Count me out. Im about as excited about Morgan in this as I was Morgan in a Jaws remake.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:22 PM, KK said:

On the contrary, this might be the most promising Nolan picture yet. A character drama about the man who created the means for mass destruction? Plenty of scope there.

If Nolan can find where he left the Screenplay 101 book he lost after interstellar.