Upcoming Films

Quintus

8 minutes ago, AC1 said:

On the visual front it will most definitely lose to The Green Knight. Scott is getting old.

It also seemed terribly on the nose, but maybe the film is more nuanced the trailers make it seem. And I'm down for some good sword fights.

10 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Also doesn’t bode well that a composer is yet to be attached. I heard a snippet of the main theme before Led Zeppelin kicked in. 

I guess the composer will be Ludwig Göransson, who scored Venom and 30 Minutes or Less for the director.

But whoever gets the job, I just hope they use Greg Edmonson's classic theme from the games.

26 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I guess the composer will be Ludwig Göransson, who scored Venom and 30 Minutes or Less for the director.

But whoever gets the job, I just hope they use Greg Edmonson's classic theme from the games.

Henry Jackman did score the last two games, so that’s always a possibility ;)

I’m sure the theme will be used in the film as it’s in the trailer for a few seconds at the start. 

Nothing beats Edmonson’s trilogy of scores though.

Edmonson crushed the first 3 games! I agree.

But I absolutely LOVED what Jackman did with Nate's theme in 4.  Really made it feel grounded (like the game)

As far as the movie trailer, it looks alright.  I'm with @Koray Savas as I thought they would be exploring more origins of the character and more 'original' material.  I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the executives made a point to have those memorable action scenes from the games, in the movie.  But I could be wrong.  Those moments in the game are already so 'cinematic' and you're already immersed in the game itself/storyline, that it will be hard to feel excited for those moments in the movie.  But I'm someone who's 100% all of the games on Crushing Mode lol.

Also, very happy to see that they're having Sam in this game.  He was one of the finest additions to the series, imo.  Loved his character.

3 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Jesus, I just saw the news, that was horrifying. I guess Alec Baldwin will never work on anything again at the movie industry.

You seem to be jumping to some conclusion that this was his fault and I'm not sure at all that that's a safe assumption. Unless I'm misreading the Hollywood Reporter article I saw, couldn't this be the fault of a negligent propmaster and Baldwin is a victim here too, in a way?

Now it certainly could also be Baldwin's negligence completely at fault here too, I'm not ruling out that possibility.  I'm just saying that there are lot of details we don't know so I wouldn't assume anything.

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Now it certainly could also be Baldwin's negligence completely at fault here too, I'm not ruling out that possibility.  I'm just saying that there are lot of details we don't know so I wouldn't assume anything.

A director explained that it's the prop gun guy who is always responsible. He even has to fire one blank before he hands the gun to an actor. Time pressure might be the cause of carelessness.

I find this headline on the New York Times website front page incredibly irresponsible.  It should be something more like "Apparent on-set accident involving Alec Baldwin leaves crew member dead" or whatever.

image.png

So what do you think? Will they replace the DOP? Will Baldwin return to the set in a few weeks? Or will they simply terminate the movie because of the horrific accident that people will forever associate with it?

Just now, AC1 said:

So what do you think? Will they replace the DOP? Will Baldwin return to the set in a few weeks? Or will they simply terminate the movie because of the horrific accident that people will forever associate with it?

Oh there's no way this movie is being finished.

See also the Allman Brothers unfinished movie from several years back:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Rider_(film)

10 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Or will they simply terminate the movie because of the horrific accident that people will forever associate with it?

Yeah, I also think this is the most likely to happen. If they manage to find a way to finish the movie, great, but I wouldn't bet on it.

14 minutes ago, AC1 said:

They finished THE CROW, so, potentially...

Natalie Wood died, in 1981 (admittedly not from a gunshot wound) but BRAINSTORM was finished. Same thing happened, with Vic Morrow.

I guess it depends on how much money people have invested, and how far along the film was.

Whatever happens, Baldwin, probably, won't be involved.

If this was a terrible accident (as early evidence suggests), then I hope that Baldwin is not prosecuted.

20 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Oh there's no way this movie is being finished.

See also the Allman Brothers unfinished movie from several years back:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Rider_(film)

Didn't know about the Randall Miller movie but apparently he did try to continue after the tragedy and he even hired a public relations strategist to deal with the negative press ... Jees!

8 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Natalie Wood died, in 1981 (admittedly not from a gunshot wound) but BRAINSTORM was finished.

Of course, but that was not an accident that happened on the set due to some negligence. She allegedly fell off a (her?) boat and drowned.

2 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Blanks can kill people if you fire them at a close enough range. No movie set is using real bullets. 

This just seems nuts to me and amazing that accidents don't happen more often.  If I were an insurance company insuring a film production, the presence of prop guns would send the premiums way high.

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Blanks can kill people if you fire them at a close enough range. No movie set is using real bullets. 

Thats what i heard in early reports over here.

i thought blanks only had the bullet “jacket” and the gunpowder, not any kind of proyectile, it just detonates. I supose the gunpowder explosion can hurt at point blank.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

Ah Baldwin... He must fell like a murderer. It's a professionnal suicide.

The word “suicide” implies intent. This appears to be a tragic workplace accident, caused by gross negligence.

Terrible, terrible incident. I feel so much for the families of everyone affected and Baldwin himself. I can’t imagine what that would do to a person.

Accident or not, Baldwin might be in legal trouble because he broke protocol which says you can't point a prop gun (that shoots blanks) to a person because, like Koray mentioned, it is still very dangerous.

18 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

No movie set is using real bullets. 

This one did. It wasn't a blank but a real bullet that killed Halyna Hutchins.

On 22/10/2021 at 8:44 AM, Disco Stu said:

You seem to be jumping to some conclusion that this was his fault and I'm not sure at all that that's a safe assumption. Unless I'm misreading the Hollywood Reporter article I saw, couldn't this be the fault of a negligent propmaster and Baldwin is a victim here too, in a way?

Apparently, much of the crew walked out the morning before the incident due to negligence and poor working conditions. So don’t think this was an isolated incident, and I don’t think we should really be laying blame on Baldwin prematurely, as you say.

Apparently many sets now get away without using prop guns. Still baffled how this could happen in this day and age.

Just a terrible and utterly pointless loss of life. :( 

So Baldwin was rehearsing a scene where he was drawing the revolver specifically to point towards camera.

And...

image.png

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-24/alec-baldwin-prop-gun-shooting-halyna-hutchins-search-warrant

I'm willing to bet this armorer or someone they work with will be charged with involuntary manslaughter or something.