Upcoming Films

Quintus

On 23/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, Koray Savas said:

Wouldn’t Baldwin, as a producer of the film, also share responsibility for these working conditions?

No. If he isn't a prop man then he isn't. 

Why do they need real guns anymore. The phasers and ray guns are not real. This is a terrible accident I have seen at least three or four times before.

The Last Duel was filmed from Feb->March 2020, then resumed and finished from Sep->Oct 2020

House of Gucci was filmed from Feb->May 2021

Kitbag is scheduled to begin filming in January 2022

Just now, May the Force be with You said:

Poor Adam Driver he's the only one who didn't win an Oscar on thr poster yet he might be the best of the five...

And it's gotta happen eventually.  Much like DiCaprio pre-Revenant, you can feel Driver's hunger for it.

17 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

And it's gotta happen eventually.  Much like DiCaprio pre-Revenant, you can feel Driver's hunger for it.

Exactly, DiCaprio should have won one a long time ago as IMO his performance in Shutter Island and The Wolf of Wall Street were better ones.

If I recall correctly it was also Brad Pitt case who won only one in 2014 as a producer and 2020 for best supporting actor

Edit: or Samuel L. Jackson who even if he doesn't play only in masterpiece as some very strong performance (Tarantino mostly)

44 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Poor Adam Driver he's the only one who didn't win an Oscar on thr poster yet he might be the best of the five...

Well, it's worth pointing out that Gaga's win was not for acting but for song writing

• 2 weeks later...

It's really a must see especially if you like The Big Short, the two are a bit in the same vein: true story based on complex event with some humour to get you right on track when it's getting to fuzzy. At least IMO.

Yea, been meaning to watch it, just haven't yet.  Most of the time if the wife isn't interested in a movie, it takes me a while to bother to watch it on my own

I really enjoyed The Big Short. I think Vice was biting off more than it could chew.

I'm just not feeling this one based off the trailer. There's just...a lot, going on, and everyone seems dialled up to the max. Guess we'll see how well it turns out!

The Last Duel (budget $100 million) only made $26 million at the world-wide box office and is named one of the biggest flops of the year.

Lady-Gaga-and-Ridley-Scott-on-House-of-Gucci-When.jpg

Hopefully he'll do better with House Of Gucci.

4 hours ago, AC1 said:

The Last Duel (budget $100 million) only made $26 million at the world-wide box office and is named one of the biggest flops of the year.

It'll be a cult movie in a few years.

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Exactly. Look what happened to BLADE RUNNER :)

It's different this time. Critics back in 1982 destroyed Blade Runner and a few years later they changed their mind.

The Last Duel actually gets very positive points from critics and audiences alike but it's not enough to garner interest in the movie. I guess movies with swords are less appealing to the modern viewer as movies about superhuman strength. 

7 minutes ago, AC1 said:

It's different this time. Critics destroyed Blade Runner back in 1982 and a few years later they changed their mind.

The Last Duel actually gets very positive points from critics and audiences alike but it's not enough to garner interest in the movie. I guess movies with swords are less appealing to the modern viewer as movies about superhuman strength. 

I haven’t seen it yet but I think the timing of the release, just around Halloween, did it no favours.

According to Scott Mendelson, the movie is quite depressing to watch, so audiences who were just looking for entertainment had other options like No Time to Die, Venom, Dune, etc.

Also, it had a lot of competition for the adult demographic back in October, who preferred other movies. 

This should've been released back in August or September.

I'm not a huge Sir Ridley fan overall - though as a Hollywood professional he's brilliant and hilariously blunt and you can learn a lot by watching his films and just listening to him talk - but I did think Last Duel was pretty impressive.