Upcoming Films

Quintus

On 09/08/2021 at 5:44 PM, AC1 said:

Andrew Dominik's Marilyn Monroe biopic 'Blonde' (starring Ana de Armas) is too graphic and needs to change.

Nooooooooooooooo!

https://www.thethings.com/blonde-netflix-reportedly-says-the-marilyn-monroe-biopic-is-too-graphic-needs-to-change/

Andrew Dominik will get final cut after all!  :groupwave:

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2021/10/9zrkvyh0nrmkil6ve5v3lyd4i36wkw

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I think "The killer is on this poster" is the dumbest tagline I've seen in a while

uz5r0ussgb581.jpg

Hahaha that's such a dumb tagline and I love it. Of course the killer is on the poster; they're taking up the whole top third of the thing.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jay said:

Deep Water, Adrian Lyne's first film in 20 years, was just pulled from theatrical release by 20th Century Studios

It was supposed to be releasing next month.  It was filmed in 2019, before Affleck filmed The Last Duel and The Tender Bar

And it's going direct to Hulu

2 hours ago, toothless said:

Very exciting. I hope it will truly be about all the music, not just the songs.

The score and of course John Barry are such a large part of these movies, and I think, don't get enough credit

5 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Very exciting. I hope it will truly be about all the music, not just the songs.

This.

Actually there was a very good music documentary on one of the Bond DVDs in the early 2000's. Now that I'm thinking on it, it featured all of the Bond composers. Everybody was still alive. I don't remember if it mixed in the songs at all or if there was a separate feature for those. (It's been a long time.)

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Rendezvous with Rama movie finally happening, it's Villenue's next after Dune 2

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/denis-villeneuve-rendezvous-with-rama-movie-1235062337/

🤮

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Robert Eggers with a budget feels off, but I’m anticipating it nonetheless. I’m sure the trailer is making it out to be more action oriented than it probably is. 

My thoughts exactly. But sign me up for anything new by the guy!

I'm not completely sold on Eggers yet. When it comes to the quality of 'lingering on in the mind', The Witch did surprisingly well but The Lighthouse vaporized too quickly, mainly due to a boring second half watching drunk men rant. The Servant it ain't. 

But I'll watch it, of course.

Good news for the 6 major battles. Don't know about the CGI one though, the last movie I was interrested by and which had very few CGI was Tenet and it had some of the most insipid action scenes I've ever seen...

Apple Studios?! That means Kitbag is going to be released as a 'streamer'. Perhaps 6 major battles still wasn't not enough spectacle for the theaters? Or maybe it's because Napoleon doesn't have superpowers? What a world! What a world!

The good news is that the screenplay for Kitbag is written by David Scarpa who also wrote the screenplay for All The Money In The World. 

Well I guess since then he was busy doing voicework as well as producing and directing Dog during a pandemic