Upcoming Films

Quintus

I remember enjoying it but at this point couldn't really tell you any specific details about it

On 13/05/2022 at 2:15 PM, Stu said:

IMO there's like a 0.5% chance the Spinal Tap sequel is good

I think at best it'll be a Bill and Ted 3. A movie that's kind of nothing but at least watchable and not thoroughly embarrassing. 

Of course This is Spinal Tap is a much better movie than Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or Bogus Journey so the fall could seem harder. 

That said the three of them were still on fire together 20 years ago in A Mighty Wind so maybe.

4 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Whoa! David Arnold has bagged his first major film score in I don't know how long.

He's scoring the forthcoming CONFESS, FLETCH (which, regrettably, does not star Chevy Chase).

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34460-david-arnolds-confess-fletch-new-2022-film-score/

George Miller's followup to Mad Max: Fury Road is coming soon

Dr Alithea Binnie (Tilda Swinton) is an academic - content with life and a creature of reason. While in Istanbul attending a conference, she happens to encounter a Djinn (Idris Elba) who offers her three wishes in exchange for his freedom. This presents two problems. First, she doubts that he is real and second, because she is a scholar of story and mythology, she knows all the cautionary tales of wishes gone wrong. The Djinn pleads his case by telling her fantastical stories of his past. Eventually she is beguiled and makes a wish that surprises them both.

On 18/05/2022 at 3:30 PM, Jay said:

George Miller's followup to Mad Max: Fury Road is coming soon

And now the poster is here

Looks fun!

I wish I could be excited for the score as well but I can't get into Henry Jackman's scores to these kinds of films

Such a limited point of view.

I like the Prey trailer visually but not the dialogue.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:57 PM, Edmilson said:

Hunger Games Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Not gonna lie, I’m getting real tired of the epic trailer music sound. I hope the day isn’t far off when kids will watch trailers like this and roll their eyes (ears?) at it.

10 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Such a limited point of view.

Just stating the facts. That you don't even see it says a lot about you, Joe. 

On 09/06/2022 at 9:51 AM, AC1 said:

This trailer tempers my anticipation for this movie. It shows a lot and somehow it isn't that inviting. 

Sometimes Alex and I agree as we do here.

The Variety article mentioning that Simu Liu's agent was ecstatic over the script sure adds surreality to this forthcoming movie. What on earth kind of Barbie movie could make people this excited?? What kind of audience is this movie targeting?