Upcoming Films

Quintus

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Let's hope the movie is on the same level of Jesse James as well.

It probably won't be, Alex, because THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSIE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD is fucking brilliant!!

It will, however, be a good ride.

Amazing! Just a few days ago I was wondering if Todd Field was still in the business but I forgot to go to IMDb to see if he had any projects in the pipeline. 

In The Bedroom and Little Children are easily two of my favorite films of the 2000s, so I have been looking forward to whatever he did next ever since.

This teaser is pretty light on details of what the movie will really be about, but I'm cautiously optimistic it'll appeal to me

Always hyped for a Todd Field film... but I was always hoping the next would be Blood Meridian, which he was attached to for all of five minutes.

My vote goes to In The Bedroom though ...

Tár is his first movie in 15 years. :o

A theatrical release in October? To be honest, I can't see the Marvel crowd (which is all that is left) fighting to buy tickets for a movie that is about the highly competitive classical music scene in Germany. 

public.jpeg

14 hours ago, Jay said:

Todd Field, director of In The Bedroom and Little Children, has a third film coming out soon called Tár

This looks very strong.

It's nice to see that the film is about a conducter. I've always think conducting is very interesting. And Cate Blanchett never disappoints, so I'll definitely be watching this

2 hours ago, AC1 said:

My vote goes to In The Bedroom though ...

IN THE BEDROOM might be the better film, but LITTLE CHILDREN has Kate Winslet in a red swimsuit, so... :)

2 hours ago, AC1 said:

...I can't see the Marvel crowd (which is all that is left) fighting to buy tickets for a movie that is about the highly competitive classical music scene in Germany. 

More. Fool. Them.

It might just inform and educate this group of filmgoers, to watch, what I am sure will be, a good, entertaining, and, hopefully, intellectual, film, rather than the constant high-testerone diet of casual, and cynical, destruction and violence.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:19 PM, Jay said:

In The Bedroom and Little Children are easily two of my favorite films of the 2000s, so I have been looking forward to whatever he did next ever since.

This teaser is pretty light on details of what the movie will really be about, but I'm cautiously optimistic it'll appeal to me

I wonder why he didn’t go back to Thomas Newman. 

39 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I wonder why he didn’t go back to Thomas Newman. 

Well they've gone for Hildur Guðnadóttir so if that's the ultimate direction they want to go musically, I'm really quite glad Newman is nowhere near it.

2 minutes ago, LSH said:

Well they've gone for Hildur Guðnadóttir so if that's the ultimate direction they want to go musically, I'm really quite glad Newman is nowhere near it.

I find Newman to be quite malleable with a wide range of musical abilities. I’m sure he could tackle any style thrown at him. 

Does this columnist realise that the title of the film is metaphorical, as well as literal?

A LATE QUARTET can have many different meanings.

Fwiw, I like the film - what the hell am I saying???!!!!!

It's got PSH, and Christopher Walken, two of my all-time favourite actors. Of course I'm going to like it! :)

8 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN looks good.

Already 2.767.022 views. Not bad for a little Irish movie without capes. 

Stephen King’s The Regulators is being adapted into a movie. I’ve not read this book, but I read Desperation, which I really enjoyed. I always thought that The Regulators was the sequel - but I recently learned that the books are connected but I’m not so sure anymore that it is in a linear story-kind of way.

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/one-of-stephen-kings-strangest-books-is-now-in-the-works-as-a-movie

Desperation was adapted into a miniseries in 2006 starting Ron Perlman - I’ll have to check that one out!

51 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

A rare film I knew I wanted to see before the trailer ended. From the director of In Bruges, starring the stellar Brendan Gleeson. 

I've wanted to see it since it was announced! Martin McDonagh rarely puts a foot wrong.   

That looks outstanding. Love the cast, visuals looks beautiful. Can't wait.

I am, after seeing the trailer, even more disappointed that Newman is scoring it actually.

Whoa! I did not know that Toby Jones is in this! An instant must-see!

It seems to have the same vibe as PHANTOM THREAD.

If Reznor & Ross can create something akin to their score for GONE GIRL, then I'll be very impressed.

Mendes, Jones, Deakins and the main man is a Gooner. You can't go wrong :)

It features hit or more likely miss Cate Blanchet. She is lovely to look at but not necessarily watch