Upcoming Films

Quintus

Ah ... I see Tetris is about the legal wrangles over the intellectual property rights to it during the Cold War. Did briefly wonder how the hell they'd gotten a movie out of the game itself.  

An action/romcom blend called "Ghosted" starring Chris Evans and Ana De Armas coming out next month

Instead of being the 8th Evans/ScarJo movie (Perfect Score, Nanny Diaries, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avengers 1-4) it's now the third Evans/De Armas movie (Knives Out, Gray Man, Ghosted)

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

I disagree with Richard.

Like... As a rule?

This looks cute. I'm glad it wasn't ScarJo. I like her, but why mess with Cap 2? OTOH, we have both Butch and Sundance AND The Sting. So...

"Action speaks louder than words" is a cute tag line.

My friend Clifton is fun to take to a scary movie.  While his exterior says masculine, he's all flaming after the 1st scare. We figure the new scream may let his inner sister out.  

On 6/3/2023 at 3:41 PM, JNHFan2000 said:

So they made a movie out of Hugh Howey’s books, The Silo Trilogy.

The books are among the best sci-fi I’ve ever read.

0A267679-AA5B-4F01-B9FC-37CD8FD51DF0.jpeg

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

So they made a movie out of Hugh Howey’s books, The Silo Trilogy.

The books are among the best sci-fi I’ve ever read.

0A267679-AA5B-4F01-B9FC-37CD8FD51DF0.jpeg

The trailer looks very good and I like Ferguson. I wonder who is scoring this.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

The trailer looks very good and I like Ferguson. I wonder who is scoring this.

Atli Örvarsson. Was announced yesterday

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2023/03/06/atli-orvarsson-scoring-apple-tvs-silo/

Granted, I don't read a ton of sci-fi books so take my praise when it comes to that genre with a pinch of salt. But I do read a lot in generel (about a book a month) and a big chunk of that is pop culture. But the books were great, let's hope the movie does them justice.

Some info about A Good Person, the new Florence Pugh movie directed by Zach Braff

https://variety.com/2023/film/global/florence-pugh-zach-braff-a-good-person-premiere-1235547552/

Strangely she's referred to as Push instead of Pugh once in the article, can't believe no one at Variety caught that before it posted, let alone haven't caught it since.

New Escape From New York Movie to Be a Requel

Love this quote from John Carpenter in the article:

"No one told me about it. This is the thing about my career in Hollywood -- no one tells me anything. They never tell me things. Have they cast it yet?" 

After being told the movie was still in early development and the Radio Silence directors would be taking the helm, Carpenter reiterated how detached he was from all of it. "Hey, great. The last I heard was they were developing it where Snake would be a woman. But, no, I haven't heard about this latest thing. No one wants me around, and they don't tell me anything to keep me in the dark. It's safer for them."

Love this quote of John Carpenter about Halloween's sequels he didn't like: "I'm a capitalist, so...".

On 20/10/2013 at 5:39 PM, Koray Savas said:

Burton is apparently directing the Beetlejuice sequel.

My favorite film of his after Nightmare. Not sure how good a sequel could be, but if done right it would certainly have potential.

On 18/12/2014 at 5:49 PM, Jay said:

On 11/08/2015 at 2:24 PM, Jay said:

On 14/05/2016 at 11:33 AM, Jay said:

On 28/07/2016 at 11:22 AM, Jay said:

On 28/02/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jay said:

Jenna Ortega in talks to play Winona Ryder's daughter in ‘Beetlejuice 2’

On 09/03/2023 at 3:43 PM, Jay said:

New Escape From New York Movie to Be a Requel

Love this quote from John Carpenter in the article:

"No one told me about it. This is the thing about my career in Hollywood -- no one tells me anything. They never tell me things. Have they cast it yet?" 

After being told the movie was still in early development and the Radio Silence directors would be taking the helm, Carpenter reiterated how detached he was from all of it. "Hey, great. The last I heard was they were developing it where Snake would be a woman. But, no, I haven't heard about this latest thing. No one wants me around, and they don't tell me anything to keep me in the dark. It's safer for them."

On 09/03/2023 at 3:52 PM, Bespin said:

Love this quote of John Carpenter about Halloween's sequels he didn't like: "I'm a capitalist, so...".

"If they pay me, it’s wonderful. If they don’t pay me, I don’t care. I think it’s unfair if they don’t pay me. I think everyone should pay me. Why not? I’m an old guy now and I need money. Send me money."

Carpenter has the best quotes

The IMDb page uses the musical's poster and lists Gregory Maguire as the writer of the novel and Winnie Holzman as the writer of both the musical book and the screenplay, but considering the following FAQ, I have no idea how accurate or up to date that info is:

Is this based on the book or Musical?
It is currently unknown whether this film will be based off the novel or musical [Itself an adaptation of the novel].

Note from Assistant to Stephen Schwartz: While it looks likely that a movie will one day be made based on the musical WICKED, it most likely will not happen for several years at the very soonest.

I like the musical, but the book (although I can't remember much about it) was more extensive and much, much darker.