Upcoming Films

Quintus

The first one received some attention here because it was filmed in the shores of Rio de Janeiro, but overall it's very forgettable. The second one is okay I think and the third... well, I remember seeing it but can't recall anything about plot or characters. Is it the one where Mel Gibson is the villain?

When someone quotes another post on this forum, you can click the curvy arrow icon in the quote box to jump directly to the original post and see what context it had

Didn't mind the first 2 Expendables movies, for what they were. Didn't see the third, lost interest when I heard it would be toned down in order to obtain a PG-13/12A classification.  

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Harrison Ford is in it but doesn't make much of an impact.

8eff33ca79d5b3ca1c3d4687055f70cf.jpg

Most Harrison Ford movies aren't that interesting.

12 hours ago, AC1 said:

I can't believe Richard thought that I was fascinated by the aspect ratio of The Expendables 4! I didn't even watch that trailer. Why would I?

Really??!!! It's a freakin' masterpiece. In one fell swoop, it rewrites what a trailer should be saying. Alex, your life won't be complete until you've watched it.

6 hours ago, AC1 said:

8eff33ca79d5b3ca1c3d4687055f70cf.jpg

Most Harrison Ford movies aren't that interesting.

Most Harrison Ford performances aren't that interesting.

There's a difference.

13 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

What a coincidence! I'm in the process of rewatching The Favourite! Did I subconsciously know that Lanthimos has a new movie coming out? 

14 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Most Harrison Ford performances aren't that interesting.

There's a difference.

The better the movie, the better Ford's performance.

How about them apples?!

OMG YESSS.

Paddington + Colman. Match made in heaven. I'm weirdly over excited about a new Paddington film!

The first 2 were soo good.

I wonder if she will play the villain this time after Kidman & Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Even Barney now is going dark and disturbing! And it's the A24 brand of darkness and disturbingness!

Mattel Films executive Kevin McKeon told The New Yorker that the Barney movie is “surrealistic” and in the vein of films directed by Charlie Kaufman and Spike Jonze. Those directors are probably not the first two filmmakers one thinks of when the family-friendly Barney name comes up.

“We’re leaning into the Millennial angst of the property rather than fine-tuning this for kids,” McKeon said. “It’s really a play for adults. Not that it’s R-rated, but it’ll focus on some of the trials and tribulations of being 30-something, growing up with Barney—just the level of disenchantment within the generation.”

McKeon also described the Barney movie as an “A24-type” movie, adding, “It would be so daring of us, and really underscore that we’re here to make art.”

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/daniel-kaluuys-barney-movie-a24-adults-not-r-rated-1235660392/

On 03/07/2023 at 4:02 PM, Edmilson said:

Even Barney now is going dark and disturbing! And it's the A24 brand of darkness and disturbingness!

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/daniel-kaluuys-barney-movie-a24-adults-not-r-rated-1235660392/

Sounds a bit like this, which died on its ass at the box-office - 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_to_Smoochy

15 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Looks good.

As long as Chris Blackwell gets his dues, I'll be happy.

Quite the life he's had, all right. Of the many things he's been involved in, I tip my hat to him as a Bond and U2 fan in particular. 

Was given a 007-branded (produced as a promo tie-in with NTTD, I think) bottle of his Blackwell's Rum for my 50th.