Upcoming Films

Quintus

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50946

New shots from WOLVERINE! Looks good so far, read an interview in Empire and it sounds like it'll be a bit more introspective. Not sure about Jackman and Schreiber sharing the same chops, but as a huge Wolverine fan (hell, my kid's called Logan) I'm looking forward to this probably more than anything else.

I wouldn't put much into Spielberg making this movie,

lets see he's making Tintin, Lincoln, Chicago 7, Interstellar, Oldboy, 39 Steps,

Williams will be dead before all those are made

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sorry. It was just that I read an article at www.Movie-Moron.com that outlined a lot of next summer's movies, and that one surprised me.

Yea, yea, that website tells you all you need know about me, too.

Bump.

I don't know if this one is old news or not, but it looks awesome. This could be film of the year.

Zombies, chainsaws, and Nazis. What more do you need, and where has this film been all my life?

No, it's not German, it's Norwegian (Død snø). I remember reading about all the special provisions that needed to be made to film parts of Valkyrie in Germany because of the particular banned symbol that needed to be shown in that film, which led to parts of it being shot in Russia. That symbol is shown freely in this Dead Snow.

Okay, so films I really want to see:

The Reader

Revolutionary Road

Frost/Nixon

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

Hmm, anything else? I kinda want to see Gran Torino. I wanted to see Synecdoche, New York but I believe I missed my chance.

Oh btw, The Reader and Revolutionary Road have some of the best trailers that I have ever seen.

I want to see Milk, W., and Benjamin Button. Of course, I've been saying W. ever since before it came out, so I'm not sure I'll see any of those films before they leave theatres.

Oh, and I'd like to see TDK again on DVD.

I want to see Milk, W., and Benjamin Button. Of course, I've been saying W. ever since before it came out, so I'm not sure I'll see any of those films before they leave theatres.

W. has been out of theaters for awhile, at least in my area. Milk is still a limited release, and I don't know if it will go wide.

I don't think anything could make Terminator 4 sound like a good idea in the first place.

What about Terminator 5 and 6? They're making a trilogy.

Salvation looks like poo, they're not terminators, they're effing transformers.

well maybe they are and maybe not, I am hoping for a boxoffice disaster of epic proportions.

Who is Leiv Schieber supposed to be?

Sabretooth. If I remember correctly, Weapon X is the organization that created them, had them work together for a while with a group of other mutants, and then ended in disaster, which each going their separate way. That group was a precursor the X-Men. That, in short, is the movie.

I didn't watch that one. I watched the one before that on FOX in the early 90s. That was a great show.

I wonder if this X-Men Origins Wolverine movie will show how Wolverine knew Captain America from World War II. I doubt it, because i don't think that Marvel is going to mix their Iron Man/Captain America/Hulk/Thor/Avengers franchises with their X-Men film franchise, which aside from two Origins movie is pretty much over.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone looking forward to "9"? It is produced by Tim Burton and that guy who directed "Wanted". To me, it looks kind of like a video game, but that is not exactly a bad thing. Apparently, Danny Elfman will be scoring it, as well. I think it looks pretty good, all things considered, although they really need to find better trailer music.

Concept art of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's upcoming film, Alice In Wonderland.

The page says it might be fake, though, so maybe not. I thought the entire thing was going to be animated, but maybe not.

mad-hatter.jpg

If this proves to be real...then it's a step in the right direction.

If by right direction you mean Burton being very predictable/repeating himself then yes, it is.

If by right direction you mean Burton being very predictable/repeating himself then yes, it is.

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one who thought this. I saw this pictures and simply shrugged thinking, this image wasn't surprising. I thought it'll be another "Burton" film. Nothing wrong with a "Burton" film but his out there style is no longer out there for me since he does it every time.

I don't tire of Burton's usual style, just because I love it so much. His style may not be unique for Burton, but it's still a ton of fun to watch.

Honestly, how do you see that as a fake? It's real, or Johnny Depp likes to dress up with rabbits and take pictures of himself and then spread them on the internet. The film is live-action.

Because of this.

I don't tire of Burton's usual style, just because I love it so much. His style may not be unique for Burton, but it's still a ton of fun to watch.

What?

[because of this.

The film will be 3-D, as any overview of the film production will tell you. Of course, that could be a conceptual model for the digital designers to base the character on.

What?

Meaning that due to Burton's overuse of surrealistic styles, Alice in Wonderland won't be unique in terms of stylistic vision. However, because I am a huge fan of Burton's use of surrealism, I eagerly anticipate this film.

[because of this.

The film will be 3-D, as any overview of the film production will tell you. Of course, that could be a conceptual model for the digital designers to base the character on.

I wasn't speculating about whether it'll be in 3-D or not, I was speculating about whether the film will be completely or partially animated.

And I have found my answer.

“The movie is a mixture of live action, animation, and stop motion, so it’s very complicated and I don’t think all three have been put together ever before,” reveals Rickman. “So I’ll be with a live action Alice. I will be a construct.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/19/tim-bu...he-caterpillar/

• 2 weeks later...
Keira Knightley and Colin Farrell are set to star in London Boulevard, a crime drama that marks the directing debut of The Departed screenwriter William Monahan. The film is based on the Ken Bruen novel, which Monahan adapted.

Graham King is producing under his GK Films banner, with Monahan and Quentin Curtis. The film will shoot this summer in and around London.

Farrell, who just won the Golden Globe for In Bruges, will play a South London criminal who, after release from prison, tries to give up the gangster life by becoming a handyman for a reclusive young actress.

Link

Looking forward to this one

• 2 weeks later...

Im quite anxious to see the movie Knowing.

since its a Nick Cage movie, most of us are Knowing there is a good chance it won't be the best movie.

But I do love the premise.

Im quite anxious to see the movie Knowing.

since its a Nick Cage movie, most of us are Knowing there is a good chance it won't be the best movie.

But I do love the premise.

What is it about Cage starring in films that contain national secrets, predictions or glimpses of the future?