Upcoming Films

Quintus

You can't really see on the left side but

The big yellow chicken is Boba Fett.

Well, that's a dead giveaway for what one of the seqences will be. When's the TV airing?

John- who only remembers a handful of weak laughs from the second Robot Chicken SW

You can't really see on the left side but

The big yellow chicken is Boba Fett.

Does that really need to be spoilerized? I can see it pretty clearly on the poster, and all we can really infer is that there will be another fight between the two. Which I have been waiting for, so.... AWESOME!

While not a film it is JW related. The DVD is going to be released Dec. 22nd of this year.

SomethingDarkSidePoster.jpg

Here is the official cover art:

FGEps2.jpg

In other news, BioShock finally has a director, unfortunately it's the guy who directed 28 Weeks Later. What worries me is that the plot is already changed to the protagonist being a pilot and Andrew Ryan is now Ayn Rand for some reason.

Yay! The official teaser for Christopher Nolan's Inception hits the internet.

See it here.

The shooting is still far from completion so the teaser is, well, just a teaser. But it looks like Nolan's film alright. Can't wait! :pukeface:

Karol

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, and I will admit that I have not read all 13 pages of this thread (bad back, you know), but I am already chopming at the bit for TR2N, or "Tron Legacy", as it is now called. Yes, I know that it is not out until 2011, but I keep watching the Comic Con trailer and I very nearly have a...well, you can guess the rest. I saw "Tron" at a preview London, in 70mm, and 6-track magnetic stereo, in 1982. To say that I was blown away by it was an understatement. It has remained one of my favourite films ever since, and I will make the trip to the capital, once again, to see its sequel. Anyone else looking forward to it?

I've been meaning to revisit Tron for a long time. I have fond but vague memories of it, and it's got great word of mouth. I'll let you know about the sequel after.

Yay! The official teaser for Christopher Nolan's Inception hits the internet.

See it here.

The shooting is still far from completion so the teaser is, well, just a teaser. But it looks like Nolan's film alright. Can't wait! :)

Karol

Very good, very intriguing trailer. I look forward to anything Nolan does really.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You mean Zemeckis is going to actually include live actors in his films again?????

Nope, another article came out. All the actors will be motion capture and 3D while the toons remain 2D. Way to fuck up your own classic Zemeckis.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of celeb tweets from the premiere for THE LOVELY BONES:

"The Lovely Bones absolutely riveting and brilliant." - Stephen Fry

"Saw and was enthralled by The Lovely Bones last night. Also excited to see a pretty challenging film with Charles and Camilla in attendance." - Edgar Wright

I heard that the first two reviews to come out said the film was rubbish, so I'm not going to exactly trust a couple of personalities who don't want to upset a colleague. I would love if the movie was good and am looking forward to it, but I'm going to take Fry and Wright's comments with a grain of salt until more reviews come out.

You mean Zemeckis is going to actually include live actors in his films again?????

Nope, another article came out. All the actors will be motion capture and 3D while the toons remain 2D. Way to fuck up your own classic Zemeckis.

Ugh. Say it ain't so--has Zemeckis's brain really taken that wrong turn onto Lucas Boulevard? That would be the stupidest thing you could possibly do. I don't have any inherent problem with pushing new technology; the issue is that these guys seem hellbent on experimenting on their established franchises with established aesthetics instead of using NEW technology on a NEW movie. It happened with AOTC and ROTS (to a much, much lesser degree TPM), it got through (though thankfully not as much) on KOTCS, and if Zemeckis doesn't wake up, it'll happen with Roger Rabbit 2. I just pray someone will slap some sense into the guy before this happens.

I think it is possible. They pretty much nailed it in the Chauchilla Graveyard/Orellana's Cradle sequence. There were a couple shots that looked pure '80s. A couple shots in the ants scene gives me a good vibe, too, as well as the scene where Indy and Mutt return to Indy's house. The campsite looked pretty good, too. Could those scenes have been a bit grittier? Sure. But they strike me more like cleaner, clearer versions of the '80s cinematography than the true sharpness of modern stuff. It was more in bright locations that the most trouble typically came up. One shot that I really didn't like was the first shot of Indy inside the '50s home in Nevada. I could just picture how that shot could've looked circa Last Crusade, and when I see it it's like, "Oh, nuts. Kinda missed it, there."

But yeah, I think there's hope to really get it nailed if they recognize where it can be worked on.

The biggest miss was in an exterior short at the very beginning of the University chase, when the Russians' car comes up the street from the right. Ooh the blown highlights...

• 2 weeks later...

They've been talking about that for a while now. I'll believe it when I see it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not liking the CGI in Alice In Wonderland. I think it's supposed to be kinda cartoony and like that, but it's just so... fake. I wouldn't mind so much but there's a lot of it.

Apple also has teasers for Ridley Scott's Robin Hood and Favreau's Iron Man 2. Robin Hood looks really great, aside from the terrible rock music playing over the images. Iron Man 2 reminds me of Transformers 2, but since it's Favreau the action scenes are probably much more controlled and entertaining. Mickey Rourke looks great.

Apple also has teasers for Ridley Scott's Robin Hood and Favreau's Iron Man 2. Robin Hood looks really great, aside from the terrible rock music playing over the images.

Given the composer's name, I don't expect a classical score for this movie. Perhaps the trailer suggest what we're going to hear in the movie.

When you saw Zimmer's name on Gladiator, did you say the same thing? Oh, it's the guy who did The Rock, Drop Zone, and Crimson Tide...

Streitenfeld's score from Ridley Scott's last few films have been really great and fitting. I'm interested to see how he approaches this and what he comes up with.

When you saw Zimmer's name on Gladiator, did you say the same thing? Oh, it's the guy who did The Rock, Drop Zone, and Crimson Tide...

Streitenfeld's score from Ridley Scott's last few films have been really great and fitting. I'm interested to see how he approaches this and what he comes up with.

Well, I didn't say anything, because I didn't really care at that time. On the other hand, Hans had already some epic scores under his belt and had proven himself as a capable film composer. So far Streitenfeld's efforts can be at best described as servicable. Perhaps Scott knows something about his skills that I don't, but I don't find him right person for an epic medival film. I don't expect anything good from this.

To me, Robin Hood music starts and ends with Michael Kamen!

Not Korngold? Or at least Barry? :)

Well I'm dubious for one.

The film looks visually great as would be expected, but I suspect it will be a gigantic flop.

On the other hand, Hans had already some epic scores under his belt and had proven himself as a capable film composer.

So Streitenfeld doesn't have a chance to prove himself capable of an epic film?

He does, but his other scores for Scott don't show he has enough potential to make it right. I don't want another modern, themeless, mood-oriented, sustained strings+wailing woman kind of score. Like I said, maybe Scott knows something that I don't, perhaps Streitenfeld did a demo for him proving he was capable of writing an epic score, a score like Kingdom of Heaven (for which he had been a musical supervisor), but not literarly like this (not a rip off, that is).

• 1 month later...

So they're making Ghostbusters 3, nice! Now we only need:

Back To The Future 4. Mad Dog steals that (completely unnecesary) time travelling train and goes to, you guessed it, 1955.

Gremlins, the prequel. About how the Gremlins created chaos in WW II

And of course, E.T. 2, E.T. returned to his home planet but he lost his wallet on Earth! Now there are creditors after him and they'll break Elliot's legs unless E.T. pays them.