Upcoming Films

Quintus

I like Gone Baby Gone. A good triller with a moral center. Ed Harris destroys sceneries in it.

Btw I heard Joe Carnahan of The Grey may be directing.

Edit: oops that's Daredevil. Mixed up again.

What was unbelievably great about Gone Baby Gone? I saw an average movie, guilty of spoonfeeding and a Casey Affleck in an for him unsuitable role. Speaking of Casey Affleck, The Assassination Of Jesse James is what I call "great". Gone Baby Gone was nothing more than forgettable. And with The Town, I told myself: This is the last Ben Affleck movie that I will ever see.

Alex

I don't think anyone is calling it unbelievably great here Alex. I found it to be an adequately gripping in its runtime, and the Boston as seen in it is rather seedy and uninviting. The moral center is laid on pretty thick in the end, something which I did not really appreciate, but I did appreciate the point it was trying to make. Ed Harris with his total gruffness just chews everything in his path. He was entertaining to watch. I agree Casey Affleck was miscast.

"Christoph Waltz has been set to star in The Zero Theorem, the next film to be directed by Terry Gilliam. Waltz will play Qohen Leth, an eccentric and reclusive computer genius plagued with existential angst who works on a mysterious project aimed at discovering the purpose of existence—or the lack thereof—once and for all."

http://www.deadline....oltage-selling/

Bucherman7: "I like how The Expendables is basically Super Smash Bros the Movie"

WanderinRaider: "Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Kurt Russel, Steven Seagal, Wesley Snipes, Mr T, Carl Weathers, Vin Diesel, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Michael Clarke Duncan, Jackie Chan, Danny Trejo, Antonio Banderas, Michael Ironside, Jean Reno, Chow Yun Fat Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton - Guest Appearances By Steve Buscemi, Cheech Marin, and Jeff "The Dude" Bridges - Featuring Music By John Williams, Metallica and AC/DC"

You mean people know who he is???

Bucherman7: "I like how The Expendables is basically Super Smash Bros the Movie"

WanderinRaider: "Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Kurt Russel, Steven Seagal, Wesley Snipes, Mr T, Carl Weathers, Vin Diesel, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Michael Clarke Duncan, Jackie Chan, Danny Trejo, Antonio Banderas, Michael Ironside, Jean Reno, Chow Yun Fat Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton - Guest Appearances By Steve Buscemi, Cheech Marin, and Jeff "The Dude" Bridges - Featuring Music By John Williams, Metallica and AC/DC"

You mean people know who he is???

A household name, in fact!

supposedly there will be a female version of the Expendables.

I figure it should be call Menopausal.

They already have Menopause: The Musical. An action film by basically the same name would be confusing.

Though a woman "action movie would probably involve a lot of running back and forth between the car and all the shops at the mall...

Surely you meant the The Spendables, although I guess that's something you've never been exposed to.

I have a mom and a sister, but spending is not something women do solely. You yourself admitted to being a shoe whore, Koray and I buy blu rays like it's meth.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of sick of all these superhero films and I've been Batman-ned out. There really is no original approach to follow for this stupid reboot and I have no idea how this Justice League film is going to work without undermining at least some of the characters (like Merkel's excellent example with Batman).

Hawkeye and Black Widow worked in Avengers without any powers, I really don't see how Bats would be a problem. They are going to have a new actor playing Bats one way or another anyway so they can have a Bats much more gadget-laden to help to compensate. Plus, it depends on what the story they are going to use. Bats will be the brains and the man with the plan so he wouldn't need to directly confront someone more powerful directly.

I just want my Justice League Vs The Avengers movie! BOOM! BOOM! KABOOM! Yeah!

Followed by Justice League vs The Avengers: Requiem!

I'm kind of sick of all these superhero films and I've been Batman-ned out. There really is no original approach to follow for this stupid reboot and I have no idea how this Justice League film is going to work without undermining at least some of the characters (like Merkel's excellent example with Batman).

I never liked the Justice League. They could try a straight adaptation of Crisis on Infinite Earths instead. That'd be a cool choice, because it would be far crazier that any script they're going to come up with.

The problem with this Justice League is that they're only doing it in desperation at Marvel's own saga and that isn't going to work.

I never liked the Justice League.

Neither did I.

The problem with this Justice League is that they're only doing it in desperation at Marvel's own saga and that isn't going to work.

Bingo.

Well, they did try to get a film off the ground back about 5 years ago with George Miller but that evaporated. Anything now will be seen as a desperate attempt to copy Marvel, which while unfair, is more WB's fault for taking so long to get their comic properties off the ground. They really should follow Nolan and take a couple different stories and try to weave a story out of them but we'll probably get stuck with a Green Lantern like fiasco.

Nolan's Batman is in a class for its own, and I won't accept anything as Batman canon except those three films.

I don't like squeezing several superheros into one film, it waters everything down.

Supposedly, the Wachowskis are in talks about the Justice League movie.

If we get a Don Davis score out of it, then let them rip!

After Don Davis' departure from the scoring scene, the relationship between the Wachowskis and Davis essentially fell apart. They've never worked together since the Matrix films and they probably never will. It's a real shame. I would love to hear a Davis score again.

I don't think he's scoring Cloud Atlas.

Nope, Tom Tykwer is involved, and I look forward to hearing the output.

He didn't officially quit the business. After the Matrix, Davis was occupied for many years with his opera

Rio de Sangre, which left him too busy to work on any films. But due to his absence from the industry, his working relationships sort of deteriorated and several other composers climbed up the ladder to fill up the space he left behind.

The complete opera premiered in its entirety at 2010. Since then, Davis has been trying to get back into the scoring scene, but there seems to be no room for him. He certainly wants to come back, but he's struggling to get a gig. He just hasn't had a big film attached to his name in a while.

His voice is truly missed. Hopefully someone will give him a chance again soon.

Jonathan Broxton shared them with me. I assume he's been in contact with the composer. According to him , Davis has gone back to orchestrating (having worked on stuff like Toy Story 3).

Streitenfeld is a great composer. Can't wait to hear where he goes next. I think he's working on Killing Them Softly.

Watched this awhile back but don't think it was ever mentioned here. Looking forward to eventually seeing this documentary:

I refuse to step foot in Arby's as long as I live.

you're preaching to the choir.