Upcoming Films

Quintus

Good! That's what the character needs! All this happy-go-lucky swashbuckling nonsense with the Fox had to stop!

Is Chris Boal your relative, by any chance?

About the project: Hopefully Hans will score it.

Karol

Looks hilariously bad.

Yeah. I think I liked the original when I saw it in high school. Haven't watched it since, and have no real interest in the sequel.

Plus, adding A DAME TO DIE FOR to the title was a bad decision. Sounds tacky. Fitting, I guess. They should have just named the film A DAME TO DIE FOR, rather than SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO DIE FOR.

I guess it's official.

Hand-drawn animation is dead in USA.

Of course I would prefer that it's hand-drawn too, but I don't mind the look of this animation. You can see in the faster movements that the animation turns into a comic-strip style look.

I wish it was hand-drawn, as well, but the 3D animation in that trailer isn't as slick and soulless as I was perhaps expecting, which is a nice surprise. Hope the film is respectful to Schultz.

What a load of shit this turned out to be.

wtf is this?!

I had great hopes for this film...but it looks like some mediocre The Host/Divergent knock-off aimed at teens.

Why is there even colour in there?! What a waste of potential.

The Giver is an adaptation I've been waiting for since I first really started getting into movies. I remember checking IMDb every week to see if there were any updates. It was originally supposed to be black and white and slowly turn into color (as it does in the novel). Now the protagonist is 10 years older than he should be, it has Taylor Swift, and a squeaky clean Gattaca vibe that's more sic-fi than what the story is really about.

I even used it for an adaptation project in a screenwriting class I took years ago, since I was convinced it was never going to get made :P

The Giver would have made a great film. I had no idea who was making it (and didn't know Taylor Swift would be in it), and the involvement of Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges gave me hope. Too bad it looks like trash.

Just with the idea of colour (and howbits treated in the novel) alone could have made this film quite interesting....

The Giver would have made a great film. I had no idea who was making it (and didn't know Taylor Swift would be in it), and the involvement of Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges gave me hope.

It's THE HUNGER GAMES all over again. Throw in some veteran actors to give it some phoney sense of class.

Because the first film told a complete story and doesn't need a sequel. All parties involved should just make a new original movie instead of a pointless sequel

Because the first film told a complete story and doesn't need a sequel. All parties involved should just make a new original movie instead of a pointless sequel

A prequel could be interesting. I think the universe is rich enough to have something worth telling in another story.

A sequel, on the other hand... I agree that it wouldn't work.

I can see him playing Buldeo perhaps, but would be nice if he stayed away from playing any of the apes and tried something different.

I can see him doing a cool Kaa voice, but it's still a though book to adapt so I don't know how they're gonna aproach it.