Upcoming Films

Quintus

First official trailer for A Most Wanted Man with Philip Seymour Hoffman and directed by Anton Corbijn (The American).

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/a-most-wanted-man-exclusive-trailer-premiere-philip-seymour-hoffman-rachel-mcadams-164016171.html

I loved the book, but the Inception-esque music in the trailer really puts me off

UFOTOG

"He changed the industry forever with the visual effects for 2001: A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner. Can he do again in 2014? After following its development for years, visual effects master Doug Trumbull is premiering his first experimental 4K 3D 120FPS film titled UFOTOG at the Second Fictional Festival this May up at Seattle's Cinerama."

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/trumbulls-4k-120fps-film-ufotog-premiering-at-seattles-cinerama/

Hey I was gonna post that here. The trailer starts off good but I'm not a fan of where it turns up and how much it shows. Great concept, much like Another Earth, which I still haven't seen. Awful title though.

All I knew was that it was about Ben Affleck's missing wife and that he was a suspect in the case. That's still all I know based on this!

Fincher's eye is unmistakable. Small stuff like the people moving through the fields and subsequently with the flashlights. He's able to make images so iconic simply with the way he frames and stages everything with the cinematography. Can't wait for this. Too bad he dropped out of the Steve Jobs biopic with Aaron Sorkin.

Has this been posted? Looks surprisingly good

I haven't been so interested in watching un upcoming film in a long time, let's see how it goes

This looks excellent. My only concern is Hilary "Gimme An Oscar" Swank. Loved Jones' The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada. Beltrami returns too!

Not sure if this was posted earlier:

The protracted nature of the filming sounds gimmicky (even though Linklater has pulled off a variation of this before with the Before Sunrise series), but the movie was warmly received by audiences at Sundance.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the 12-year filming schedule doesn't turn out to just be a gimmick, but instead enhances the story and any possible themes of change, memory, or nostalgia. It'd be a wasted opportunity if the movie itself is just a run-of-the-mill coming-of-age drama. Linklater can be an interesting filmmaker, though, so I'm looking forward to this.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so, apparently, it's a year old piece of news, but I didn't see it discussed here, so I'll just post it, in case some of you missed it:

There's going to be a Ben-Hur remake in 2016, and it'll be directed by the guy who made Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Discuss (if you haven't already)!

I'm just reporting the news, Steef!

My dream is:

- Zack Snyder goes artistic again (The Sandman series?)

- Ridley Scott goes senile and turns back into the director he was 30 - 35 years ago

- Stanley Kubrick is still alive and has just finished Napoleon

Because Joaquin Phoenix often works with offbeat directors (Jonze, Anderson)? And have you seen Allen's Match Point? Somehow Jonathan Rhys Myers reminded me of Phoenix. It feels kinda natural that the two are finally together!

I think Allen followers will know what I am talking about.

Alex