On 12/4/2018 at 5:40 PM, KK said:

Was looking forward to seeing the trailer until I saw the cringe-worthy, low-budget animation. Will stick the original then.

That looks terrible.

Speaking of animals, I'll be looking forward to the completely unnecesary adaptation of Mouse Guard instead. AKA "marketing nightmare".

16 minutes ago, Brónach said:

That looks terrible.

Speaking of animals, I'll be looking forward to the completely unnecesary adaptation of Mouse Guard instead. AKA "marketing nightmare".

I seriously hope that the Mouse Guard movie is traditional hand drawn animation.  Mouse Guard with CG sounds... unpleasant

20 minutes ago, Brónach said:

It is CGI, apparently. I would always prefer it hand drawn, but (if they have the resources) a sort of photorealistic look might fit the tone as well.

I think CG could only work if they went for a SUPER stylized feel.  Photorealism I don't think would work well and I don't think a Pixar/Blue Sky/Dreamworks kiddy style would work.  I think of something like the new animated Spider-Man movie, which uses CG in a very unique, herky-jerky way to make it more like comics.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:09 AM, Alexcremers said:

James Gunn presents:

A Superman horror tale.

SNL did a take on What if Superman had landed in Germany instead of the US. It certainly turns the mythos of this standard on its head

21 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

SNL did a take on What if Superman had landed in Germany instead of the US. It certainly turns the mythos of this standard on its head

There was a great graphic novel around a similar premise, but Kal-El landed in 1930's Ukraine, instead. It's worth a read:

41oYz+Yu6zL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41 minutes ago, Romão said:

There was a great graphic novel around a similar premise, but Kal-El landed in 1930's Ukraine, instead. It's worth a read:

41oYz+Yu6zL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember that. He certainly wasn't fighting for truth justice and the American way. (Back when America fought for such things)

Alex, Stefan is pointing out that he already posted the trailer on Friday. The box in his post is a link to his post from Friday (click in the part that says "Stefancos replied to a topic")

I didn't know he posted that trailer in the Brexit thread, I don't read every post. Anyway, since it's a new movie, it should be posted here as well, you know, for those who aren't interested in the Brexit thread but might be interested in this movie or Cumberbatch. Is that okay for you, Jay? 

Yes, I check it regularly, but I don't live there. If I'm not interested in a certain debate in a thread then I don't not read or check every post. I know some of you read everything, but never assume that everybody does that. 

If I had posted that trailer while forgetting that I already posted it before ... Now that would be Cremeritis. 

I never said there was anything wrong with the trailer being in multiple threads. Stefan complained about that, not me.

All I did was explain to you the intent and meaning of Stefan's post after it went over your head.

Edit: and now you've edited your post after I posted mine, making my reply make less sense. I'll have to start quoting when I reply to you.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:46 AM, Stefancos said:

I'm sure Alex can't tell the difference between certain members. Well, i mean he could...if he tried. But he's never really bothered.

Why would he bother to get to know you, Jason? All you watch is CSI, NCIS and The Mentalist! ;)

Ive been accused of watching those. I was a regular watcher of the Mentalist. I have never been a watcher of Ncis and I enjoyed CSI. I love murder procedurals. I love shows with good guys and bad villains. How simple of me.

Gary Oldman to play Churchill again after success of "Darkest Hour".

Gary Oldman plans to reprise his Oscar-winning performance as Winston Churchill for a new project, the actor revealed this morning.

"I've only scratched the surface. I think that there's another chapter here," said Oldman, who played the wartime leader in the acclaimed 2017 film Darkest Hour. "Maybe a movie, maybe something on television."

@The Illustrious Jerry

Yes, of course I've seen DARKEST HOUR. For the record, if I comment on a film, then always assume that I've seen it. I don't comment on films which I haven't seen.

Ok, I'm being a teeny weeny bit facetious, there, but it's only because I like McNeice's Churchill, so much. I wish Mr. Oldman all the best in reprising this character.