There are both here, just like there, of course.  You should walk through a comic shop when you are here this summer, they are fun to browse

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

There aren't THAT many graphic novels that aren't about superheroes...

I'm not an expert, but I'm thinking of those artistic fancy graphic novels I sometimes see in the stores, not the typical Marvel or DC superheroes comic book series.

KdnhgvS.jpg

polarv1-2ed-s10-1155249-1280x0.jpeg

Oops, Steef beat me to it!

2 hours ago, John said:

Is he though? Most of his movies are very visually desaturated and have the color palette of mud, and his style of staging action tends to be incomprehensible. 

Well said. 

28 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Story and tone wise Watchmen was all Alan Moore.

Who?

Watchman was not watchable. I turned it off.

15 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

...and James Cameron agrees with me.

Does he, now? And you know this, how, exactly? Oh, don't tell me; you ran into each other, at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, and he said "Don't I know from the cinematographer's party? Yeah, I loved your essay in Cinefantastique! I agree with you about Snyder, but...ease back on the hyperbole, on JWfan, eh? Who am I to blow against the wind?".

1 hour ago, Richard said:

And you know this, how, exactly?

Because he keeps saying it interviews, Richard.

Kubrick, Scott and Snyder are filmmakers that inspire him. Cameron does seem to like the visualist directors. It's funny, because when I was watching Watchmen, I was somehow reminded of Scott and Kubrick.: The impactful, authoritative presentation, the attention to visual detail, a tone of self-awareness, ... I knew he was of the same school, just like I know it when a music band is from the school of The Beatles. 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I agree with you about Snyder, but...ease back on the hyperbole, on JWfan, eh? Who am I to blow against the wind?".

I'm used to it. BTW, I will never hyperbole on his DC movies. I'm glad that's all over now. He's going to focus again on expression, photography, self-awareness but not in a wink-to-the-camera way style of movies. But please, don't let him write the script!

49 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The Directors Edition?

Dunno.

41 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I think Drax will prefer:

yfqsgzW6AQYmBjIEIq0y9EB1Rgl.jpg

Seen it.

39 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yes, Watchmen might be too complex for him. He struggles with complex narratives.

Fuck you!

34 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

And slow pacing, which is no longer appealing to him now that his ASMR days are over.

:crymore:

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Paramount Pictures pulls the plug on David Fincher's World War Z sequel.

https://theplaylist.net/paramount-david-fincher-world-war-z-exclusive-20190206/

Cinema is changing ...

How do you conclude such a false sentiment?

Indeed! And more and more talent are experiencing first-hand that there's no place anymore for their movies in the theatre. They are saying what I'm saying. Just ask around. Of course, those who are perfectly fine with what theatres are offering these days aren't likely to see 'the change'.

Personally, I think there's a bright side to it all. I don't like going to the theatres anymore so I don't mind if directors are making movies for the small screen now.

And then there's the Disney/Fox merger.

I can't believe some small company from the 50s that made crappy cartoons for kids now owns 20th Century Fox, which was once the king of movie studios. Pfft.

Now Sony is saying fuck off to film score collectors.

Netflix, amazon, Disney, ... everyone wants to be the streaming king. And because of the competition, I do fear that over 5 years the small screen will be exactly like the big screen. Then we'll reading things like: Netflix: "Sorry Mr. Scorsese, we really love your new project, but Spielberg is making a superhero movie for Disney+, so maybe you could do something like that for us instead?"

TIL Matthew Vaughn is directing a Kingsman PREQUEL, it is set in the early 1900s, will feature Ralph Fiennes, Daniel Brühl, Charles Dance, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Tom Hollander, and Djimon Hounsou, and is coming out this November.  How about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsman:_The_Great_Game_(film)

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

TIL Matthew Vaughn is directing a Kingsman PREQUEL, it is set in the early 1900s, will feature Ralph Fiennes, Daniel Brühl, Charles Dance, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Tom Hollander, and Djimon Hounsou, and is coming out this November.  How about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsman:_The_Great_Game_(film)

I can't get excited about this since I didn't care for either movie

3 hours ago, Jay said:

@Warrior of Wet Dreams did you know they were rebooting Child's Play?

Yep. While the series creator Don Mancini is elsewhere conceiving a Chucky show for Netflix. I'll give my attention to the latter, thanks. Not bothering clicking on that.