Robert Zemeckis' new adaptation of the Road Dahl novel The Witches has started shooting.

It's written by Guillermo Del Toro & Zemeckis & Kenya Barris.  The location has been changed to Alabama.  Anne Hathaway is the Grand High Witch.  It also has Octavia Spencer, Chris Rock, and Stanley Tucci.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Principal-Photography-Begins-on-Robert-Zemeckis-THE-WITCHES-20190508

On 5/7/2019 at 1:10 PM, Disco Stu said:

There are lots of minor interesting stories out of this Disney schedule update that happened today, but the weirdest one to me is that they've delayed Kenneth Branagh's Artemis Fowl, a movie that was set to be released later this very Summer in August.  It had a teaser trailer and everything saying August 2019 and now it's delayed by almost an entire year.

It's also now coming out a mere few months before Branagh's next movie, Death on the Nile.

image.png

They’re making a Bob’s Burgers movie?

2 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Animated features. Since when did Hey Arnold, Powerpuff Girls, and Teen Titans have theatrical releases?

16 hours ago, SteveMc said:

*sneeze* The Simpsons *sneeze*

4 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Animated features. Since when did Hey Arnold, Powerpuff Girls, and Teen Titans have theatrical releases?

Hey Arnold! The Movie opened on 2,527 screens in June 2002

The Powerpuff Girls movie opened on 2,340 screens in July 2002

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies opened on 3,188 screens in July 2018

Well they had to make up for snubbing “Mrs Robinson” somehow

31 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Of course the vast majority are box office bombs I don't know why they keep trying

To be fair they largely stopped mid-2000s. So Koray’s right in that there’s only been a few in the last decade.

I only just noticed that the upcoming Call of the Wild adaptation (from one of the HTTYD dudes, scored by Powell) has Janusz Kaminski as cinematographer.  Now that's very interesting!  By my count he's only done like 5 non-Spielberg movies over the last 22 years (since Lost World).