Upcoming Films

Quintus

4 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

I have learned that in America Tin-Tin is an afterthought.

You thought otherwise at some point? People in America have no idea what Tin  Tin is. They might mistake it for a dog.

I read and loved them all, however that Congo one was earlier Tintin, and as such it wasn't as polished as later adventures. Some of the early instalments are pretty rough actually. 

I don't personally find that cover above particularly racist though.

Yes, it does look good, except...it looks suspiciously like THE VANISHING (2019), which tells the story of the Flannan Isles lighthouse, which is twenty miles east of Lewis. Still, same story, or not, anything with Wilem Defoe...

5 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

You don't _play_ something as transcendental as a David Cage _experience_ (the childish term "game" cannot suffice here), moron. You should go back to your generic, non-immersive Zeldas and Maddens.

Hehehe

Based on the subject and the style is which it is seemingly executed, I'm not sure if this movie is going to wow me. It feels kind of ordinary.

1 minute ago, Romão said:

Rumor is that it will be one long, continuous take, ala Birdman. No idea how true that is

Now it's getting more interesting!

1 minute ago, Koray Savas said:

Aren’t all war films at this point?

Dunkirk didn't feel like an ordinary war movie to me.

The upcoming horror/triller film the Hunt has shut down its marketing in the wake of these shootings. Seems wise.

I get why films and their marketing drastically scramble to not offend, but do people not understand that the film industry operates on its own plane of existence separate from mass shootings? Why would anyone blame a production company for advertising something due to poor timing? Release dates are planned far in advance.

Gangster Squad was completely hacked up and they filmed a new ending. Phone Booth was delayed about a year.

14 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I get why films and their marketing drastically scramble to not offend, but do people not understand that the film industry operates on its own plane of existence separate from mass shootings?

Well it does and it doesn’t, movies don’t exist in a vacuum. I don’t think it’s necessarily about blaming filmmakers for exploiting tragedies (although at this point it’s not unlikely that someone could make a movie commenting on/satirizing mass shootings and have it coincidentally come out the same weekend as yet another one...) But you do just get these moments where, bottom line, someone’s chosen subject matter and imagery that happens to be exactly what people don’t want to see.

But in a lot of these cases I don’t know that the movies would have been such smash hits anyway. How many people were so ecstatic for Gangster Squad pre-Aurora?