Upcoming Films

Quintus

I’m speaking strictly from an artistic merit POV. Why would I blame someone for making a movie that just so happens to resemble something that just occurred in real life? There’s no direct correlation. Gangster Squad’s climactic shootout just so happened to occur in a movie theater. If you delay the film to save face in the public conscious that’s fine, but completely rewriting and shooting the end of a film?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else going to see the Downton Abbey movie next month with their retired parents?  It's very charming, ever since they retired mine spend every evening watching the British shows that come on PBS.

Well watch that at home eventually. But actually, that's a good idea, Marcy's mom likes that show... 

8 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Anyone else going to see the Downton Abbey movie next month with their retired parents?  It's very charming, ever since they retired mine spend every evening watching the British shows that come on PBS.

Will we finally see it Downtown?

Netflix to release 10 films in theaters this fall, ahead of their streaming debuts

• The Laundromat
    Sept. 7th (theatrical), Oct. 18th (Netflix)
  • Dolemite Is My Name
    Oct. 4th (theatrical); Oct. 25th (Netflix)
  • The King
    Oct. 11th (theatrical); Nov. 1st (Netflix)
  • The Irishman
    Nov. 1st (theatrical); Nov. 27th (Netflix)
  • Earthquake Bird
    Nov. 1st (theatrical); Nov. 15th (Netflix)
  • Marriage Story
    Nov. 6th (theatrical); Dec. 6th (Netflix)
  • Klaus
    Nov. 8th (theatrical); Nov. 15th (Netflix)
  • I Lost My Body
    Nov. 15th (theatrical); Nov. 29th (Netflix)
  • Atlantics
    Nov. 15th (theatrical); Nov. 29th (Netflix)
  • The Two Popes
    Nov. 27th (theatrical); Dec. 20th (Netflix)

The Laundromat is Steven Soderbergh’s new film, Marriage Story is Noah Baumbach’s 

Armando Iannucci has made an adaptation of David Copperfield with an insanely stacked cast.

Dev Patel, Peter Capaldi, Ben Whishaw, Tilda Swinton, Hugh Laurie, Gwendoline Christie, and others.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/sep/06/the-personal-history-of-david-copperfield-armando-iannucci-review

• 2 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Oh my gosh this thing are going to make so much money

This is Arendelle.  How To Train Your Elsa II

The first one has its weaknesses, but its strengths make it a pretty fine movie indeed.

I don't see the sequel building too much on the strengths, though, just based on the trailer.  The dialogue sounds too contemporary, which was the first ones biggest flaw.  The only hope is if that line about magic possibly being Elsa's downfall if it keeps her away from human relationships is what the theme is built upon.  But the thematic dynamics of the first one were superior. 

Bumblebee's Travis Knight to direct Uncharted movie adaptation, with Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, due to release on December 2020:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/uncharted-travis-knight-direct-tom-holland-sony-playstation-movie-nathan-drake-bumblebee-1202744152/

A Marianelli Uncharted score may be really good, especially if he uses Greg Edmonson's classic theme!