Upcoming Films

Quintus

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I wonder what Ford got paid for this...

Whatever it was, it was far too much.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

How hard is it to train a dog for a movie?

Not hard, at all.

Why present as real, something that is obviously, and painfully, artificial?

I actually think the film itself looks quite nice, but in order for me to accept that dog it needed to have the Disney logo on the box.

It could be that they've deliberately gone with a stylised K9 for the corny cartoony feels, typically found in a Disney-esque live-action animation. What I mean is perhaps the dog isn't supposed to look entirely photorealistic in the first place, and that it'll possibly make more sense when the tone of the film is revealed to be whimsical family epic.

The lighting and colours are my pet peeve usuals.

The dog is very very CG and no the good kind.

Ford looks fun.

Maybe I'll be better off just listening to Powell, he's the only reason I've heard of this, anyway!

Uncanny valley was never a factor with Chewie though, because he's a real thing in the shot with the characters, interacting with them.

Besides, the last time Ford shared screen time with a mutt it ended up with fuckin' vine swinging, so what do you expect?

The barkers name was Buck. I'd seen him around. Bryant must have upped him, to the Dog Runner unit. That gibberish he spoke, was gibberish, a mixture of woofs, growls, howls, what have you. I knew the barking, every good owner did, but I wasn't gonna make it any easier for him.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

Harrison Ford's mission to depress me by showing me how old he got continues:

To think that we could have gotten the trailer for Indy 5 instead, if Spielberg had managed to keep focus.

4 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I'm sorry to say that there isn't one single aspect of this film that interests me. The writors, the actors, the songs, the choreography, the director, the cinematography: it's all a huge "no, thanks".

Or as I saw someone put it on Facebook earlier 'James Corden is in this, so it's almost certainly a bag of wank'.  

• 3 weeks later...

‘Game Of Thrones’ Duo David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Set HP Lovecraft Thriller Film At Warner Bros

EXCLUSIVE: Game of Thrones creators David Benioff & D.B. Weiss have set at Warner Bros an untitled thriller inspired by Hans Rodionoff’s graphic novel Lovecraft. Set to write the script are Phil Hay & Matt Manfredi, the scribe team behind such films as Aeon Flux, Ride Along and the Karyn Kusama-directed The Invitation and Destroyer. Kusama will be exec producer.

The filmmakers are keeping it close to the vest, but I’m told the movie asks a horrifying question: what if H.P. Lovecraft wasn’t making it up? What if the monsters he created are real? Also, the movie will be set in 1920 within the Cthulhu mythos. That’s all I got.

Benioff & Weiss have been eyeing this project and have been in discussion with Warner Bros’ Courtenay Valenti and Toby Emmerich for several years, while they were consumed with the monumental task of translating the George RR Martin Game of Thrones novels into eight epic seasons. The duo subsequently signed a megadeal to create TV and film projects for Netflix in August, but the discussion on this movie predated that deal.

https://deadline.com/2019/12/game-of-thrones-david-benioff-dan-weiss-hp-lovecraft-thriller-warner-bros-phil-hay-matt-manfredi-karyn-kusama-1202805585/

Cool! I'm a fan of Lovecraft, and always wanted to see the Mythos properly adapted for the big screen. I hope they choose a director with a strong sense of atmosphere and dread (like Cary Fukunaga, whose S1 of True Detective had some Lovecraftian themes to it).

Looking forward to seeing Little Women on Christmas Day. I love previous versions. 

The bandage would seem to indicate this takes place fairly soon after the 1st. But the 1st trailer from A quiet place was misleading so I expect this to be too.

Just saw a commercial for A Quiet Place 2 in the movie theater. Not a trailer... The trailers haven't started yet. It's still commercials, like right now it's a Cadillac commercial. But in the middle of the commercials was a little 30 second spot for Quiet Place 2.  Never seen that before. 

And now it's 2 minutes past start time and the trailers haven't even started yet. So many commercials. 

Trailers in front of TROS here... 

Top Gun Maverick... No

No Time To Die... Mr Robot! 

Bad Boys 4 Life... Martin Lawrence got old

1917.... Looks amazing! 

Tenet... Trippy

Onward... Looks weird

Black Widow... I think I'd watch ScarJo in anything. 

It's now 11:04 and my 10:40 showing hasn't started yet. 7 trailers and counting. What the hell? 

Mulan now. 8 trailers. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

It's now 11:04 and my 10:40 showing hasn't started yet. 7 trailers and counting. What the hell? 

Mulan now. 8 trailers. 

In the cinemark theaters here in the Bay Area, the trailers and movie news thing with Maria menounos take up 25 min or more. It’s gotten ridiculous. I’m seeing TROS Saturday at 6:05 pm, which really means 6:30. 

No, that annoying horseshit commercial ironically only takes your time away on legally bought DVDs, not with pirated movies. I watched Titanic today on DVD, I know. It started with that garbage.

On my TROS session, there was only trailers for Wonder Woman 84 and Black Widow, along with some idiotic IMAX adverstisement. But this theater chain has less trailers and commercials.

Cinemark, at least where I live, has almost half an hour of crap before the beginning of the movie.

4 hours ago, Holko said:

"You would not steal a car"

Man, I remember that PSA! I also remember liking the car they used— it was like a mid-90s Benz sedan or something.