22 hours ago, Edmilson said:

New trailer for Bad Boys For Life:

This isn't even directed by Michael Bay?  WTF?  There goes any hope of it being a fun trashterpiece.

EDIT:  Good Lord, I didn't even realize there was a new Michael Bay movie out next month on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Underground_(film)

22 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

This isn't even directed by Michael Bay?  WTF?  There goes any hope of it being a fun trashterpiece.

EDIT:  Good Lord, I didn't even realize there was a new Michael Bay movie out next month on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Underground_(film)

They took too long with pre-production so Bay bailed. 

80s fans, rejoice: Beverly Hills Cop IV (yes, apparently this is happening) is coming, and not through Paramount, but on Netflix:

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/11/14/sounds-like-the-next-beverly-hills-cop-is-headed-to-netflix

Also, Craig Brewer, who directed Eddie Murphy on the well received Netflix movie Dolemite is my Name and the upcoming Coming 2 America, will probably be the director here as well.

If there's one game franchise I think it could be turned into a decent movie, that's Uncharted. 

It's a relatively simple formula: thirtysomething wisecracking and charismatic adventurer travels to exotic locations alongside his mentor and his love interest to uncover treasures before bad guys put their hands on it. If done properly, it could be a very funny adventure movie.

Also, why they didn't cast Nathan Fillion as Drake is beyond me. The guy is (or, at least, was) perfect for the role!

Resultado de imagem para nathan fillion as nathan drake

I'm curious to see how Thomas Newman's score will sound like. Like the action music of his Bond, Passengers, WALL-E and Nemo/Dory scores, or maybe something more subdued? Maybe him doing his own impersonation of Zimmer's Dunkirk (the current blueprint score for war movies)?

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Zimmer's Dunkirk (the current blueprint score for war movies)

Says who?

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I wonder what Ford got paid for this...

Whatever it was, it was far too much.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

How hard is it to train a dog for a movie?

Not hard, at all.

Why present as real, something that is obviously, and painfully, artificial?

I actually think the film itself looks quite nice, but in order for me to accept that dog it needed to have the Disney logo on the box.

It could be that they've deliberately gone with a stylised K9 for the corny cartoony feels, typically found in a Disney-esque live-action animation. What I mean is perhaps the dog isn't supposed to look entirely photorealistic in the first place, and that it'll possibly make more sense when the tone of the film is revealed to be whimsical family epic.

The lighting and colours are my pet peeve usuals.

The dog is very very CG and no the good kind.

Ford looks fun.

Maybe I'll be better off just listening to Powell, he's the only reason I've heard of this, anyway!

Uncanny valley was never a factor with Chewie though, because he's a real thing in the shot with the characters, interacting with them.

Besides, the last time Ford shared screen time with a mutt it ended up with fuckin' vine swinging, so what do you expect?

4 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I'm sorry to say that there isn't one single aspect of this film that interests me. The writors, the actors, the songs, the choreography, the director, the cinematography: it's all a huge "no, thanks".

Or as I saw someone put it on Facebook earlier 'James Corden is in this, so it's almost certainly a bag of wank'.