Upcoming Films

Quintus

Just now, Edmilson said:

Wasn't Lasseter canceled because he used to hug his employees too hard or something?

At the height of the Me Too era, there was this unfortunate flattening effect where all alleged behaviors would be treated as equally bad and equally punishable.  Lasseter's behavior was very inappropriate, I'm sure, and he lost the most powerful possible position in the world of animation.  But especially compared to someone like Scott Rudin or (God forbid) Weinstein, Lasseter's behavior was not worthy of never working in film again, in my ever so humble opinion.

The other problem is...Baz Luhrmann.

20 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

At the height of the Me Too era, there was this unfortunate flattening effect where all alleged behaviors would be treated as equally bad and equally punishable.  Lasseter's behavior was very inappropriate, I'm sure, and he lost the most powerful possible position in the world of animation.  But especially compared to someone like Scott Rudin or (God forbid) Weinstein, Lasseter's behavior was not worthy of never working in film again, in my ever so humble opinion.

I'm not familiar with the Lasseter story, but it does remind me of how Aziz Ansari was (almost) cancelled for a bit because someone called him out on what was essentially a "bad date".

1 hour ago, KK said:

I'm not familiar with the Lasseter story, but it does remind me of how Aziz Ansari was (almost) cancelled for a bit because someone called him out on what was essentially a "bad date".

I’d say he pretty much was cancelled. Hasn’t done anything in awhile and Season 3 of his own show was pivoted to focus on another character. 

I’m sure he’s just taking a step back for awhile, at the advise of publicists. Louie CK is already back on tour. 

The filmic style reminded me of a Ryan Murphy production.

I think the lack of a certain look or charisma or sex appeal of this particular Elvis will be far more damaging to the movie. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2013 at 5:39 PM, Koray Savas said:

Burton is apparently directing the Beetlejuice sequel.

My favorite film of his after Nightmare. Not sure how good a sequel could be, but if done right it would certainly have potential.

On 18/12/2014 at 5:49 PM, Jay said:

On 11/08/2015 at 2:24 PM, Jay said:

On 14/05/2016 at 11:33 AM, Jay said:

On 28/07/2016 at 11:22 AM, Jay said:

Michael Keaton And Winona Ryder Reportedly Back For Beetlejuice Sequel, Which Could Shoot This Year

12 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Can't wait for this movie

I'm not a fan of action comedies but it looks sleek.

David Duchovny has somehow aged more poorly than like, anyone else in Hollywood.  Is he the only guy not getting work done?

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Joaquin Phoenix as Napoleon in Kitbag

https://twitter.com/fakehistoryhunt/status/1501752965010497538

I am stoked for this film. It’s going to be phenomenal seeing what Ridley Scott does to dramatize Napoleon and Josephine. Joaquin looks great here.

I understand this is a passion project for Scott, so he’s surely bringing his super duper A-game to this one. Good on him to keep making these epics while he can, and despite the world’s indifference to Last Duel.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:37 AM, toothless said:

This one also looks really interesting. I’m impressed we’re getting this story so soon cinematically. Unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be any word of a U.S. release date yet 😕

Napoleon never went to America so Scott's movie will probably bomb over there. But I might do well in Belgium ...

leeuw-van-waterloo.jpg

Waterloo, couldn't escape if I wanted to ...

44 minutes ago, AC1 said:

leeuw-van-waterloo.jpg

I'm getting massive Windows 95 vibes from this image. I'm not prepared for nostalgia... I haven't even had breakfast yet.

Oh, I saw The Grey, that's a regular movie.  I'm talking about almost-yearly revenge flicks he's been making post-Taken

1. Unknown (2011)
  2. Taken 2 (2012)
  3. Non-Stop (2014)
  4. A Walk Among The Tombstones (2014)
  5. Taken 3 (2014)
  6. Run All Night (2015)
  7. The Commuter (2018)
  8. Cold Pursuit (2019)
  9. Honest Thief (2020)
  10. The Marksman (2021)
  11. Ice Road (2021)
  12. Blacklight (2022)
  13. Memory (2022)

It's impressive how many of these he's done, and that he keeps making regular movies too (as opposed to Bruce Willis, who only makes straight to VOD schlock now)

They somehow convinced Florence Pugh & Olivia Colman to be in a Puss In Boots movie

ecsmbum4akn81.jpg

55 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh, I saw The Grey, that's a regular movie.  I'm talking about almost-yearly revenge flicks he's been making post-Taken

1. Unknown (2011)
  2. Taken 2 (2012)
  3. Non-Stop (2014)
  4. A Walk Among The Tombstones (2014)
  5. Taken 3 (2014)
  6. Run All Night (2015)
  7. The Commuter (2018)
  8. Cold Pursuite (2019)
  9. Honest Thief (2020)
  10. The Marksman (2021)
  11. Ice Road (2021)
  12. Blacklight (2022)
  13. Memory (2022)

It's impressive how many of these he's done, and that he keeps making regular movies too (as opposed to Bruce Willis, who only makes straight to VOD schlock now)

I would dare say Liam has a specific set of skills that Bruce does not.

On 15/03/2022 at 4:06 PM, Jay said:

It looks like Liam Neeson is still making his yearly revenge flicks

I've honestly never seen a single one of them

Martin Campbell and Guy Pearce make me think that this might be a cut above when it comes to Big Liam's actioners.